Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 7/10/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I wonder if she'll not appear in support of the other actors. 

Since all co-hosts are union members, I wondered why they didn't support the WGA when they went out on strike.

6 hours ago, Blissfool said:

* I just want to say, that I do not believe for a minute that she writes her own blue cards as she has us believe. I'm sure that task falls on a personal assistant. 

Perhaps another way to employ her talented daughter.

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Since all co-hosts are union members, I wondered why they didn't support the WGA when they went out on strike.

I think because there wasn't a picket line at their studio. I would think they would not cross a picket line.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Cocaine in the White House:

• Maybe not friendly, but if there's a person who uses cocaine and visits the WH, it makes sense to at least consider whether he might have left the bag there. Asking the question isn't irresponsible or derogatory. It is part of Hunter's history and he's going to have to live with it for a while. I think that the panelists were a little light on this topic.
  • Why no cameras in that area - it sounds like it is an area where favored guests can enter. Perhaps some of the presidents didn't want to have their special guests filmed for whatever reason. 
  • "Weaponizing" Hunter? Hasn't Hunter done things that make "weaponizing" him terribly easy? Bringing him up barely qualifies as weaponizing when he made it so easy. He's no Billy Carter or Roger Clinton, relatives who were kind of embarrassing but also kind of harmless. Even they were used to score points on their brothers at times by journalists and other politicians. It seems like the panelists don't think Hunter should be accountable for his actions. Sure, he had an addiction, but that doesn't mean he should not have to deal with consequences, as Sunny and Joy often say about other people.
Edited by KittyQ
Grammar
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:

It seems like the panelists don't think Hunter should be accountable for his actions. Sure, he had an addiction, but that doesn't mean he should not have to deal with consequences, as Sunny and Joy often say about other people.

So far he’s only been charged with cheating on his taxes for which he’s being held accountable. A spy for China, who is himself on the run from the law, isn’t a credible source for anything else Hunter may have done. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

It seems like the panelists don't think Hunter should be accountable for his actions. Sure, he had an addiction, but that doesn't mean he should not have to deal with consequences, as Sunny and Joy often say about other people.

Of course HE should be held accountable for his own actions but his father shouldn't be held accountable for them as people are trying to do. Once anyone is an adult the parents (whoever they may be) are not accountable for their actions as if they were a 5 year old.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think because there wasn't a picket line at their studio. I would think they would not cross a picket line.  

Now that the actors are on strike too, I think Whoopi will not appear. Wonder about the other ladies. Do they come under the actors' union? 

Just now, KittyQ said:

Now that the actors are on strike too, I think Whoopi will not appear. Wonder about the other ladies. Do they come under the actors' union? 

I think Whoopi can stay since she's not acting or promoting a project.  There's an entertainment news show I watch on YouTube and one of the co-hosts is a member of SAG and she said she could still host during the strike (though she is double checking to see if she can do movie reviews).