Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: The Mall / S05.E02: A Night Out With The Guys

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Laszlo isn't sexy??????

Ha! Perhaps to you, but I don't think he is to Guillermo, any more than Nadja or Derek are.  Nandor, on the other hand...

1 minute ago, Hanahope said:

does it really matter where one is bit?

Have we ever seen or heard of anyone being turned by being bit anywhere but the neck?  We just don't know, I think.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Have we ever seen or heard of anyone being turned by being bit anywhere but the neck?  We just don't know, I think.

ok, i guess not in this particular universe of vampires.  

• Like 3
On 7/15/2023 at 6:49 PM, Hanahope said:

Why didn’t Derrick also explode when he and the other vampire exchanged blood?

The act of "turning" someone into a vampire means first the vampire bites you, then you drink his/her blood. In this instance, Derrick bit the neighbor, and then the neighbor drank Derrick's blood. The neighbor did not bite Derrick.

Derrick said he was "full vampire" in about seven or eight hours. But back in season 1, it took Jenna several days to change. So maybe it's just different for different people. 

She did also die, if they're following the same rules. I'm completely gripped by this storyline.

I'm pretty sure Guillermo died. He almost certainly would have had to with that much blood loss. In fact I don't see how he could have survived even long enough to drink Derrick's blood. It was spurting out of his neck like a fire hose, it was like something out of a Monty Python skit. He did collapse and pass out, and then was "awakened" by Derrick when Derrick came to.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Part of me wonders if Nandor knows that Guillermo can't really be properly turned, and is stringing him along and not turning him so he'll stay, despite this.

Also, can't they smell the difference? If Guillermo is a vampire, or a half-vamp, or whatever he is (I agree he had to have died with that amount of blood loss), I would think they could tell. 

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Part of me wonders if Nandor knows that Guillermo can't really be properly turned, and is stringing him along and not turning him so he'll stay, despite this.

That would require intelligence and awareness from Nandor.

Nandor.

Nandor.

29 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

Interesting thing I just learned, Antipaxos is a real place.  I thought it was made up like Mypos, Florin, and Cleveland.  Now I want to go.

Follow that up with Hanover and St. Olaf . . .

5 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

As to sunk costs: he's helped lure murder victims and dispose of their bodies for years.  If he's not eventually a vampire, he'll just have been a(n assistant to) serial killer(s).

Great point. Even if the victims had it coming, it’s still being an accessory to murder. I think it’s a mix of that and the illusion of “I’d never become as dumb as them” that keeps him motivated. He’s in way too deep.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2023 at 7:36 PM, ajsnaves said:

Interesting thing I just learned, Antipaxos is a real place.  I thought it was made up like Mypos, Florin, and Cleveland.  Now I want to go.

Especially Cleveland.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • LOL 1