Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Alive!

• Start Topic

On 7/20/2023 at 11:24 AM, luna1122again said:

Lots of people get legally married in Vegas. My sis in law did, officiated by Elvis.  Batman.  Fun, but definitely legal. 

Yeah- I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t be legal, unless one of them was already married to someone else at the time. 

• Like 1

Regarding men liking younger women . . .

Are us ladies just supposed to just accept this and be okay with being widowed young? I know it's a possibility even if you marry someone your own age/younger, but I don't like the idea of the inevitable young widow age gaps. If you're 50 dating 60-somethings, 60 dating 70-somethings, what about when you're in your 70s? Are there loads of single 80- and 90-somethings to choose from? Are you even young enough for them?

I'm still in my 30s, a few years left. I'm at an age where most men are married with kids. I get asked out by a lot of much older men, and as someone who hasn't kids and has very little family, I want the possibility of having kids before that ship has totally sailed, and the dad not approaching his senior years. I also like the idea of growing old WITH my partner, not being in my sexual prime with someone who needs pills to make it happen than trying to find love again when he's gone and I'm even older. I get that the single guys around my age and obviously younger can pull much younger women, but I don't know if I want to give in to the whole "men just like younger, deal with it" motto yet. 

Carrie is a cute woman and has a banging body. I say go for your own age or younger girl! Not like you need a sugar daddy situation like you did in your 30s. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

@RealHousewife nothing wrong with women dating younger. Now I do side eye anyone dating someone young enough to be their CHILD (meaning 20 or more years younger), but I wouldn’t find it weird if Carrie dated a guy in his 40s at all. Especially if he was childfree or had grown children (little children, no). 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@RealHousewife nothing wrong with women dating younger. Now I do side eye anyone dating someone young enough to be their CHILD (meaning 20 or more years younger), but I wouldn’t find it weird if Carrie dated a guy in his 40s at all. Especially if he was childfree or had grown children (little children, no). 

Yeah, I'm not saying Carrie needs to go robbing cradles. :)

• Like 1
On 7/6/2023 at 6:45 PM, CarpeFelis said:

STFU, Mother Wexler, you hypocrite. She says nothing about her precious baby boy forgetting to send out the invitations, but castigates Lisa for not sending out WRITTEN invitations, like the invitations should’ve been her responsibility all along. And then the bitch goes on a rant about how dare Lisa have a career and not spend all her time catering to her husband. Barf. I was cheering for Billy Dee when he (in effect) told her off. It’s about damn time someone did. Harry deserves a medal for going back to sit by her again. Which deserves another STFU to Charlotte for ordering him to do that. If they were going to have Gloria Steinem in this episode, I wish it had been a scene where she tells Mother Wexler what’s what!

I cannot stand Mother Wexler. As someone posted--her shitty, toxic rants aren't fun. Or funny. 

On 7/6/2023 at 6:51 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

So strangely, I find myself disagreeing with a lot of the audience reaction so far. I'm in 100% agreement that Che is a total asshole and very unfunny, especially for a stand-up. A sitcom that no one will watch seems their speed, so that's realistic at least. @Penman1 covered how fucked up that whole threesome situation was so I won't go over that again, not that I have a problem if 3 consenting adults want to participate or that it make an LGBTQ+ some kind of freak if that's their jam.

But the weed smoking? Like who give a flying duck? ... I'm more offended by Seema smoking cigarettes, but mainly because she does it indoors and I think that's pretty gross. Why ruin all your nice things with nicotine stains and smells?

In fact, I thought the only funny part of the episode was Charlotte explaining how it was a "special treat" for Harry just because the language she used was so absurd and so Charlotte. I can totally see her not being that into it but letting Harry do it once and awhile since he is. 

That sitcom--the '80s called, they want their painfully theatrical, three-camera setup staging conventions back. Sitcoms in the '80s suuuuucked.

Whoever broke down the shittiness of Che's behavior (the poster above says Penman 61 but that's not showing up on my drop-down menu when I try to ping them)--thank you. I mute the audio and cover up the video with my hands whenever Che Che Binks and Ayn Randa are doing anything sexual with each other, so I missed that. I would've been livid. Utterly disgusting behavior by Che. When someone expresses doubt or hesitation--listen to them. What a selfish, selfish person.

WRT to weed--I don't care if people smoke weed on their own time. But the people who "do a lot of weed" (in Che Che's words) often turn out to be only about "doing a lot of weed." IOW that becomes their whole personality. So much so that they don't realize how atrociously rude it is to light up in an elevator.

And Seema's constant smoking is also disgusting. It's a terrible habit to break, I get it. But she smokes everywhere--in hotels (which isn't plausible, most if not all hotels have a strict anti-smoking policy. No one wants to smell it in their rooms) and worst of all, in her car. This is against the law--the car is her driver's workplace and the crux of Bloomberg's anti-smoking ban was that you couldn't smoke in a workplace, because people aren't free to leave. Smoke at home if you must, Seema, but don't expose your driver to it.

I loved Harry and Charlotte in that scene! I loved how excited Harry was when she made the offer: "But it's not even my birthday!" They're adorable together.

On 7/6/2023 at 9:12 PM, Rebecca berkowit said:

It is stunning the lack of chemistry with Miranda and Che, especially since Cynthia Nixon was apparently so attracted to the actor.  Guess it just doesn’t translate.  I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, I’ve never seen such un-hot sex scenes.  Even with Oliver Hudson, Che has zero chemistry.  

Most actors know, you tend to have the best chemistry with people you haven't done anything with. In Season 2 of The X-Files, when Dana Scully was out for a few episodes because Gillian Anderson was having her baby, there was an interim episode called 3. The producers cast David Duchovny's GF to play a is-she-or-isn't-she vampire. The common consensus is that their chemistry (as actors) was nil.

So now we're left to wonder if something isn't going on IRL with CN and SR. Because they have no chemistry. At all.

On 7/7/2023 at 11:16 AM, libgirl2 said:

Now thrown into the toilet. 

Along with that beautiful, moving reunion scene on the Brooklyn Bridge in the first movie...it was so well shot, so well acted. All that beautiful character growth for nothing.

On 7/7/2023 at 2:59 PM, libgirl2 said:

I think that I will just go back to the old series and how it ended. Samantha is with Smith, Miranda is happy in the Bronx with Steve and Brady, Charlotte has her Harry and a baby on the way and of course, Big finally admits his love for Carrie and they live happily ever after. No movies, not dreck like this..... this is all just made up and never happened! 

Steve and Miranda moved to Brooklyn (which was shocking enough at the time. Brooklyn! The horror! But even now moving to the Bronx wouldn't be done, not for 2004-era Steve and Miranda).

On 7/7/2023 at 3:59 PM, T Summer said:

^ Is very  precise  and factually accurate. ☺️ Thanks for one of the only things   that made me chuckle this week.

That and that the writers have now been dubbed the typists by Redhawk!

Truman Capote, disdainfully, about Jack Kerouac's stream of consciousness style: "That's not writing. That's typing."

On 7/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, RedHawk said:

I wish we had seen Che's reaction when Miranda show up in Cleveland. That might have told us something about how Che views Miranda's clear intention to have a rather typical relationship, which Che already said they can't/won't provide. The writers leave out a lot and that's why we'er also not buying into their connection.

When Miranda claimed to the groupies "I'm the girlfriend," Che Che clearly wanted to say something and looked very dubious. Naturally the writers weren't going to expand on that opening--that would be characters having an important conversation and we can't have that.

On 7/11/2023 at 12:22 AM, xls said:

It was painful watching her on the outside of the 3 some, struggling to get a kiss! so sad 

go back to good old Steve!

She doesn't deserve Steve.

On 7/20/2023 at 12:24 PM, luna1122again said:

Lots of people get legally married in Vegas. My sis in law did, officiated by Elvis.  Batman.  Fun, but definitely legal. 

@luna1122again your avatar looks so much like my aunt and godmother but with brown hair instead of blonde. Every time I see your avatar I smile. She would've loved this community's snark--she was the original snarker!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I watched S3E8 of SatC last night and Charlotte had no idea what a kegel was.

Clearly, she learned! 😉 Remember that Carrie also didn't know what a Brazilian wax was until she accidentally got one.

Edited by RedHawk
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2