Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Threshold

• Start Topic

As the Death Date nears, Callings begin to take a toll on Cal. The group
sends out a cry for help. A familiar face provides hope in an unexpected
place.

Premiere Date: June 2, 2023     Netflix   

8 months have gone by -- and we are one month to the death date.

And I was right, Drea is pregnant.  And she has to be close to her due date.
She is living in an old building, and trying to knock a hole in the wall that abuts the Detention Center.

Randall is an ass.

Tremors cause the power to fail permanently, and 2 ALNI patients pass away.
They manage to fire up a portable generator, but it will only last a few hours.

Ben decides to make a flare to call for help, and Olive/Eden make a sign call for help.  But that doesn't go over well.

Jared and Cal/Gabriel follow a calling to rescue Drea from a sketchy dude that was trying to rob her, and then help her finish drilling the hole in the wall into the Detention Center. Just in time to restore power to the detention center and save the remaining ALNI patients.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

So close and yet so far — wrong.
My [wrong] guess from last episode:

4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

"Nine months" until the "death date" was spoken at least 3 times. 
What do we know takes 9 months? Oh. Right. A pregnancy.
And who just hooked up? Michaela and Jared.
Have I told all y'all how much I hate Rapidly Aging Star Child Syndrome?

• Like 2

Drea is kind of bad ass. Normally if the woman who got discarded for the man to hook up with the main character was pregnant and alone, she would angst and wine about it. Drea buys a building a drills a hole to save all the passengers. And doesn't seem to care at all about what Jared does.

But shouldn't she be like, ready to give birth? The time jump was 8 months and they mentioned Jared and Drea hadn't hooked up for a few weeks before that. She would have to be at least 4 weeks pregnant to know about it anyway. 

• Like 5
(edited)

8 whole months went by and nothing happened.  Pretty much sums up this show.

I did like Ben working with that plumber/electrician dad guy.  

Drea is awesome, but it's 3 episodes left so why saddle us with this horrible last-minute triangle with the pregnancy. 

With this development, I'm guessing all the 828 passengers need to get back on the plane again to save the world, so everyone will have tearful goodbyes, but it will be "bittersweet" because Jared and Drea will start their new family and name the baby Michaela.  Blech.  I really hope I'm wrong.

Angelina is despicable.  Not that it needs to be said anymore.  I liked that passenger with anxiety, and I don't get why she needs to die if she leaves.

Randall and the other dumbasses hopefully left discreetly without drawing attention.   

Surely, there would be some protesting the human rights abuses of leaving the passengers to starve inside the facility.

The reunion with everyone was nice, though.  TJ disappeared again.  Is their budget really that tight?

Did they even need Autumn Cox's help to figure out this Calling?  

Don't like how the peacock is saying Cal has to work with Psycholina.  No doubt they will both need to bring their factions together as a metaphor for good and evil and bad storytelling.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1
On 6/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, Camera One said:

I liked that passenger with anxiety, and I don't get why she needs to die if she leaves.

Maybe it's not so much that she needs to die if she leaves (after all, Angelina says that everyone in the world except the chosen 8 will die) as that, like any crazy cult leader, Angelina needs Autumn to prove her loyalty by poisoning the pills of the passenger with anxiety (who was her friend, so it's even more of a test of loyalty).

If I wasn't so close to the end of the series, I would quit now. I don't think there is any character I care about anymore, in contrast to the beginning of the series when I was pretty invested in several of them.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Paloma said:

If I wasn't so close to the end of the series, I would quit now. I don't think there is any character I care about anymore, in contrast to the beginning of the series when I was pretty invested in several of them.

Can you imagine if the show had 6 full seasons as the showrunner planned?  

• Mind Blown 1

Ben puts gloves on to handle the chemicals and make the flares, then when the banner makers come in he goes directly to his youngest child, places one gloved hand on each side of her face and kisses her. No worries about the toxic stuff he is protecting his hands from getting on her skin.

As soon as we saw pregnant Drea I knew that by the end of the episode Mikayla would see Jared with his hands on that belly and be upset by it. And voila! Now we can have a couple episodes of misunderstandings coming between the 2 of them before they finally come together in that last episode. I predict Mikayla delivers Drea's baby, Drea dies in childbirth, and Jared and Mikayla raise the baby together.

• LOL 1