Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: ...lost my virginity

• Start Topic

Devi, don't take your therapy notebook to school with you if you're going to write bad things about people who go there. I knew Margot was going to see that as soon as Dr. Ryan told her to write it down.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, paulvdb said:

Devi, don't take your therapy notebook to school with you if you're going to write bad things about people who go there. I knew Margot was going to see that as soon as Dr. Ryan told her to write it down.

Dr. Ryan needs a paper shredder for the next step in that exercise. 
And if a patient isn't ready for that next step, then puh-lease, leave the cathartic hate prose in the office until next time. 
Maybe in a locked safe. 
Or, IDK. Maybe point out to the patient that if the hate speech isn't shredded, just like with giving voice to such vents out loud or online, there is no guarantee that they won't come back to hurt you. 

And I guess we are to assume that Devi does not in any way feel violated by Ben?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
46 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

And I guess we are to assume that Devi does not in any way feel violated by Ben?

I'm not sure why she should feel violated, since going to his house to have sex was her idea. IIRC, he seemed a bit stunned by her wanting to do that. I guess he could have said no, but it certainly didn't seem like he was pushing her into it. The problem was afterward, when they both misinterpreted the way the other person was acting. She expected it to be more meaningful and for a romantic relationship to develop (not that she let him know that), and he might have wanted that but, thanks to Dwight Howard's analysis of the period after "Hey", Ben assumed she did not want that.  

I've never been a fan of Ben, but he's probably right in his reason for why they should not be together. But Margot can be pretty nasty, so it won't necessarily be any easier to be with her. I doubt this is the end of Bevi (or whatever their couple name is).

Overall, I did not enjoy this episode as much as most of the first three seasons. Maybe because a lot of the dialogue seemed stilted or unnatural, in order to provide information to new viewers or to old viewers who had forgotten what happened before. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Never have I ever…thought that Dwight Howard would be a decent actor!😆

I thought his scenes were delightful. Kaling put Clay Matthews in an episode of The Mindy Project, and he was pretty funny. She does a good job of giving them stuff that feels reasonable for them to handle and doesn't ask for any soaring emotions.

Of course Margot was going to see the list; what other reason was there for writing it down? Heh.

Kind of interesting—if a bit clichéd—to see Paxton being treated as the nerd and him realizing it.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

“I don’t talk to random teenagers about sex, it’s a rule I have for myself.”🤣🤣🤣 I had no idea how Dwight Howard is, but that was a great performance. 

I think Devi is a good character, but I don’t always root for her. She was SO unfair to Ben screaming at him in the student lounge (I don’t think Margot should’ve gotten in it) and being so irrational. Fabiola’s hair looked amazing all episode.

I had a Subaru forester up until May and I’d love another one (it’s just a little too small for my needs right now) so that cracked me up too. I had forgotten how funny this show is. 

• Like 8

Ughh. They really dove right in with Devi making the worst possible decisions and painting herself as a perpetual victim. So much for the little bit of growth from last season. It’s like they don’t know how to write Devi any other way and had to regress her.

Which for some reason the writers use to give the adults at the school permission to treat Devi like crap. The principal was so unprofessional. I alternate between being irritated with Devi and irritated on her behalf.

I have no interest in the inevitable Eleanor/Ethan/Trent drama that is so clearly coming.

I can’t believe Dwight Howard was the best part of the episode. 

Who knew Dwight Howard was a pretty decent actor? He has surprisingly solid comedic timing and not a lot of that awkwardness you get when athletes do cameos on TV shows. 

Damn it Devi, how are you making the worst choices ever already? She and Ben just keep doing this dance of almost getting together and then them both messing things up because of a lack of communication. Still, its nice to have this show back and that they knew when to end the show instead of doing a whole embarrassing "Never Have I Ever: The College Tears."

Paxton is so used to being the coolest guy in the room and people falling all over him that he has no clue how to actually make friends and fit in when he isn't the big fish in a small pond.

• Like 8