Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E21: Dying Words

• Start Topic

SEASON FINALE!

Synopsis:

The CSI team investigates a murder case that hits close to home for Folsom – when he is forced to sit this investigation out, he does his own digging with help from Trey. Worried Folsom will do something he regrets if he gets his hands on the killer, the team members find themselves racing to arrest the suspect first.

Airdate: May 18, 2023

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 1.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 6.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 7.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 4.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 2.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 5.jpg

CSI Vegas S02 E21 - Pic 3.jpg

(edited)

So Folsom with help from his loser family friend Trey find out who killed his mom and the other woman and then he doesn't turn him over to the police and let the chips fall?  He's out at his old place looking at his mom's pic and the guy's body has been found in the dumpster dead with three guesses as to who did it...

There are several characters on this reboot that are annoying as all get out but they've made Folsom a complete moron.  Assuming this show is coming back next season TPTB need to work on making their CSIs not total and complete losers.  They're all too old to act as juvenile and unhinged as they do considering they're supposed to be professionals.  Also, while it was nice to see the veteran CSI members, this version just didn't utilize them well so if the show is trying to reach out to any former members, they should seriously consider thinking twice.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Like 4

Quite a disappointing season finale, TBH.

Why? Because…  
• Am not into personal dramas of the CSIs.  
• Don’t like where things are heading for Josh.  
• Don’t like the cliffhanger. The story will lose its momentum over time.

Why shoehorned Penny’s engagement news at the end of the hour? It’s weird.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Assuming this show is coming back next season TPTB need to work on making their CSIs not total and complete losers. 

Oh it is coming back. It's already been renewed for Season3.

3 hours ago, milkyaqua said:

Also, while it was nice to see the veteran CSI members,

I'm totally confused about Catherine's role. I know she went back for love of the job, she doesn't need the money. But is she Max's #2? Is she staff level CSI, considering how Allie was bossing her around, and her taking orders? I agree with you, it's nice to see some OG CSIs but they haven't been utilized well this season.

3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Quite a disappointing season finale, TBH.

This is already the season finale??? WTH

3 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Why shoehorned Penny’s engagement news at the end of the hour? It’s weird.

I was waiting for the big reveal that it's Chris. Who else would it be? Or the brother ME.

• Like 4

Lots of forensic “miracles” this ep, which I think the writers assume we tune in for, but the plot missed the mark. They might have fed us all the childhood flashbacks in piecemeal over the season, instead of taking up most of the finale, rushing the reveal of motivating factors.  Of all the original faves, we never saw a Warwick type character until now, and they’ve just made Josh that troubled individual. 
My take is this: we see Josh leave the team, go to prison; or, the (creepy) plot plays longer-Josh is the only one of the pair who could effectively clean up that scene, so he told his buddy to take ‘greybeard’ somewhere. His buddy couldn’t do it without killing him (and Josh goes to prison).

• Like 3

Josh is working my last nerve. Is it really bad of me to hope that he did off his mother's killer?

He doesn't even have to go to prison, he had a breakdown, killed the guy and is now going to a lovely mental hospital for the help he needs. Sorry, I'll go to my room now

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
19 hours ago, slowpoked said:

considering how Allie was bossing her around, and her taking orders?

Max put Allie in charge of the investigation to break her in under Max’s watchful eye. Just so Allie could get her feet wet with support nearby if she needed it. Perhaps, in case the team revolted.

(edited)

That was the season finale? Ugh. And if this show isn't coming back until mid season next year, all of the momentum is totally gone.

I don't think Josh killed that guy, I think Trey stopped him at the last second and finished the job. But I still don't see how Josh could ever be a CSI again after this night, he has to be fired. He aided in the kidnapping and torture of him and at the very least witnessed the murder and didn't stop it. 

Things that bugged:

1. Allie somehow being Catherine's boss. Why did Catherine come back if she's not in a higher position and reporting to someone with way less experience?

2. Penny's random engagement story. I hate it when shows drop a massive plot point with absolutely no lead up. If she's engaged to Chris Park, I'll be furious. 

3. Serena being bitchy to Allie because she thinks Josh confides in her more. That's a you and Josh problem, girl, don't let that bleed into your work relationship with a coworker. 

4. The entire team letting Josh run willy nilly around the morgue while his mother lies on a slab. He held her hand without gloves on before she was processed, he was left alone long enough to steal bags of her blood, etc. You cannot tell me this isn't breaking procedure. A defense lawyer would have a field day with this info.

One thing I did like was Max and Beau's little exchange. 

Max: "Tell me something good, Beau."

Beau: " Uhhhh, your hair looks nice?"

Max: <side eye>

Edited by emma675
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
On 5/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, emma675 said:

4. The entire team letting Josh run willy nilly around the morgue while his mother lies on a slab. He held her hand without gloves on before she was processed, he was left alone long enough to steal bags of her blood, etc. You cannot tell me this isn't breaking procedure. A defense lawyer would have a field day with this info.

This. Max already told him to stay away. Why isn't there a big "NO ENTRY FOR JOSH ALLOWED" in the lab and morgue? I get that he wants to solve the crime ASAP, but not only did he jeopardize his own career, he jeopardized the entire lab, to be credibly accused of covering up for one of their own. 

Max is a good boss. I really like her as the boss CSI. But the writing isn't doing her any favors.

• Like 4
On 5/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, emma675 said:

One thing I did like was Max and Beau's little exchange. 

Max: "Tell me something good, Beau."

Beau: " Uhhhh, your hair looks nice?"

Max: <side eye>

I didn’t like this exchange because it just printed a huge neon arrow to the fact that Max’s hair is SO flowy and lose ALL OF THE TIME.  Nothing irritates me more than people on TV with unsecured hair in professions where hair should not be loose (police, fire, dr’s, chefs, etc). I get it. The actresses need to be hot, but it’s so annoying to me.

I hated this storyline with Josh and his mom. I always found Josh bland, but at least somewhat tolerable. But, all this “angst” was unnecessary and boring. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This episode was awful.  I'm assuming Trey killed the bad guy or if Josh did, Trey is going to take the fall for his bro.  The stupid storyline of the Allie/ Serena/ Josh triangle will have to drag on so nothing is going to happen to Josh. Although he should be fired immediately for his actions while interigating the guy, he'll probably be put on a short suspension, if that.  

I don't understand why Allie was chose for the promotion?  Max admitted she's inexperienced, etc but she's a hard worker so that makes her qualified?

On a super vain note, Marg H looks like she's losing her hair and her hairstyle isn't doing her any favors. 

• Like 1

Sorry I am late to the story, i think I haven't been here since like 2017. But let's just say, life got in the way. With time running out in my DVR record, I had to binge to finish up. 

I think Josh Folsom figured CSI was on the way and since he got the evidence he needed from Kahn Shefter, he'd let them find him and arrest him. He did cut his straps, and that is how he saw the scratch that his mom, Jeanette made. So I am not sure how he left him.  But Josh did tell him that his boss Rafael Tarquenio, ( yes I take notes and use IMDB to get correct names), will be mad that Kahn ratted him out.

I do not think that Trey killed him. Yes he was mad at Josh for turning him in as he said at the strip club. But later I think he was scared when Josh got so upset. I am not sure where Trey went to when Josh left. 

My thinking is that Rafael and/ or his nephew saw on cam what was going on and took out Kahn for snitching. He might have taken Trey for leverage also. But I am not sure who cleaned up the blood so quickly? I would think it had to be Josh. Rafael would leave it to further implicate Josh. Especially since the box cutter was left behind. Was Kahn killed with it? And unless Rafael was going to make Kahn disappear and the Police sirens scared him, why leave Kahn's body in the dumpster so close? If to implicate Josh, then leave his body by the tipped over chair? Not outside in the alley dumpster where theoretically they could miss it, or the garbage man came early. Another clue has to tie in with Catherine Willows showing the cut scar on her arm from her last meeting with Rafael. Maybe they figure out that way who killed Kahn. Not totally sure about what happened, but Josh will have to go away for awhile. 

Penny Gill has to be engaged to Chris Park or Jack Nikolayevich, the MEs brother.

Allie Rajan shouldn't have been picked over Josh, even if he is going to be disciplined. He has more experience. Even if she gets the job because he screwed up. 

I think Josh and Allie will be back together. Serena Chevez was a bit put out because he didn't tell her everything. I tell friends things that I don't tell my wife, lol. 

Edited by webruce