Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E19: The Harder They Fall

DanaK
  • Start Topic

After an assistant district attorney is found dead following a court appearance, Haywood and Suarez face enormous pressure to solve the case. Also, Killian turns to a questionable source for help with a personal problem, on EAST NEW YORK, Sunday, April 23 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

So she lured him there so she could stage a self defense killing for the cameras?  She will get away with it. He was such a sleaze.  But it wasn’t believable that it took her so long to see through him.   She was already having an adulterous affair with him. He was a known sleaze to her. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Re: the quickie on the spot wedding ceremony?  How is that even legal?  You can't hold a wedding ceremony in NY State without first obtaining a marriage license.

I hope none of the wedding party thinks this was more than a symbolic gesture.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2
12 minutes ago, buckboard said:

Re: the quickie on the spot wedding ceremony?  How is that even legal?  You can't hold a wedding ceremony in NY State without first obtaining a marriage license.

I hope none of the wedding party thinks this was more than a symbolic gesture.

Yes, and:

…the marriage ceremony may not take place within 24 hours from the exact time that the license was issued.…   
health.ny.gov/publications/4210.pdf

—so they would’ve needed to have obtained their marriage license at least 24 hours before. 
Maybe this was why there was the line in which she asked him if the marriage was still happening since he hadn’t mentioned it again in the few days since he asked her to marry him?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, LisaM said:

Killian really annoys me so the actor who plays him must be doing a good job. 

I feel the same way. I have to remind myself, whenever he's on screen, that it's fiction, and to not grind my teeth over it. I think they might take it too far, though, and move him into "hate him so much it isn't fun anymore to watch" if they aren't careful. The casual obnoxiousness permeates everything he does, even when he's not actively corrupt at a particular moment. I'm always on edge with him, like I have to brace myself.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I too was coming back here to say that the marriage wasn’t legal. But I unfortunately think the show wants us to think it was real. Dumb writing. 

I handwaved it that they already had the license. (During the pandemic, you could get a license remotely. And if you know/knew someone, you could get it right away.)

Yeah, Killian is definitely getting involved with a Big Bad. He's just such an idiot. And when time comes to pay, he's going to find out that being a member of NYPD isn't going to help.

I wonder if the Deputy Mayor is going to apologize to Regina now that the 74 solved the case. (Nah.)

And kudos to Brandy for finding the listening device. She's going to make detective someday. (And that seemed to be a foreshadowing chat about detective vs. street post.)

• Like 4
6 hours ago, kwnyc said:

And kudos to Brandy for finding the listening device. She's going to make detective someday. (And that seemed to be a foreshadowing chat about detective vs. street post.)

And who discovers a listening device and proceeds to talk about finding it, right into it?

sheesh.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
22 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

So she lured him there so she could stage a self defense killing for the cameras?  She will get away with it. He was such a sleaze.  But it wasn’t believable that it took her so long to see through him.   She was already having an adulterous affair with him. He was a known sleaze to her. 

I kept thinking she was the one who killed the ADA to protect Wexler. 

• Like 3

Regina, give that man a dresser drawer of his own already! He makes you happy, isn’t he?

Not everybody wanna get married in Goody’s. But I understand why Tamika said ‘yes’ on the spot before Marvin changes his mind. That man is quite indecisive.

Tommy, you are one step away to being a dirty cop. Crystal needs to know about his involvement with Bobby Azeroff so she can smack his head. Open your eyes Tommy! Corrine left you but she is STILL using you for her own benefits. And nobody cares about Chick Moynahan.

It’s good that Bureau Chief Paul Wexler can no longer hurt anyone but the thought of Sarah getting away with his murder under the disguise of self-defense is making me sick. She’s no angel, not to Diane Gould. 

Re the listening device, how come the lamp base looks weird to Brandy when the device is installed inside the lamp body.

2 episodes left.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Re the listening device, how come the lamp base looks weird to Brandy when the device is installed inside the lamp body.

Just glancing at the ginormous TV screen to see what Brandy found, it appeared what caught her attention was the lamp body having been sloppily glued back onto the base — but I could be wrong about that.
Anyway, yeah:

20 hours ago, zapper said:

And who discovers a listening device and proceeds to talk about finding it, right into it?

sheesh.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2

Didn’t Brandy say that the lamp looked wobbly so it caught her eye?

I liked the suddenness do the proposal and marriage. A nice surprise because the show was considerate enough to not keep us abreast of every aspect of their relationship.

I liked how Rodriquez and Rankin bit their tongues with Yenko. The man just needs to be paid attention to once in a while.

I like the character of Rankin because he’s so flawed. And I like the way Rodriquez reacts to him. 

Looks like I like a lot of things.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 4/25/2023 at 2:48 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

And nobody cares about Chick Moynahan.

...except that is a great old-school New York name!

I sure hope this show comes back, so we're not stuck with a show-ending cliffhanger. I'm wondering if they are setting Killian up to be killed (because he's such a dirtbag who takes shortcuts).

• Like 2