Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Parents Just Don't Understand

• Start Topic

Mike's mom questions why Elisa needs to date other men. Carl tells Kenya to consider Tiger's offer. Kim invites her family to visit but is met with disappointment. Chara faces off with Noble while Valentino warms up to the idea of having a baby.

Original air date 2023.04.23

• Like 1

Just catching up and not much to say. 

Elisa has Mike by the balls. She controls him to the point where I’d feel sorry for him if he wasn’t a cuckold who signs up for it. He’d probably thank her for stepping on his nuts. 

Ol Noble has sure dodged a bullet by getting out of what’s her name’s quest to get pregnant. 

Kenya is still a nuisance, but could that store interaction have BEEN more staged. (Read that as Chandler Bing, please).

Kim was naive to think her parents would show up for a cookout. They were probably afraid they’d meet all her side pieces. 

• Like 4

The staged interactions with random store clerks or real estate agents are the funniest / most annoying thing about any of these shows about multiple partners. NO ONE CARES who/what you are buying sheets for. They are all clearly producer driven. 

With Kim's family, I wonder how much of it was, "We don't want to talk about your lifestyle choices," and how much of it was, "We don't want to be featured or to talk about your lifestyle choices on national TV." 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

Does anyone else find it strange that both Elyssa and Kim want to have conversations with their families about why they're doing this?  Maybe it's just me being a very private person but I don't discuss my sex life with my family and I don't feel the need to explain myself to them either.  If it comes up in conversation, fine.  But I'm not going out of my way and holding a Q&A discussion about my lifestyle choices.  It doesn't concern anyone but me and my partner. It just really baffles me that "we all need to get together and discuss this" mentality.  Nope.  Not your business.   

• Like 6
18 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Just catching up and not much to say. 

Elisa has Mike by the balls. She controls him to the point where I’d feel sorry for him if he wasn’t a cuckold who signs up for it. He’d probably thank her for stepping on his nuts. 

Ol Noble has sure dodged a bullet by getting out of what’s her name’s quest to get pregnant. 

Kenya is still a nuisance, but could that store interaction have BEEN more staged. (Read that as Chandler Bing, please).

Kim was naive to think her parents would show up for a cookout. They were probably afraid they’d meet all her side pieces. 

Elisa doesn't just have Mike by the balls she has neutered him and had them bronzed like a trophy!

• LOL 1

I have found that generally, when dating someone for a few months, I do not suddenly discuss having a baby with someone.  I liked new guy saying basically we need to get to know each other better before we consider having a child together.  Of course, I hope he's wrapping it up. 

Elisa is just generally a lot.  I don't feel any connection between her and her husband.  It could just be the issue of being awkward on TV, but her primary relationship seems pretty empty. 

If these folks weren't on TV, I see no reason for them to have these discussions with their families.  This is up there with the reality TV BS of asking a grown woman's father for her hand in marriage.  These are things that do not happen outside of reality TV.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If these folks weren't on TV, I see no reason for them to have these discussions with their families.  This is up there with the reality TV BS of asking a grown woman's father for her hand in marriage.  These are things that do not happen outside of reality TV.

The discussions with their family I agree with but people 100% still ask a grown woman's father for her hand in marriage, some just like the tradition while some see it as a sign of respect and I doubt many wouldn't get married if the answer was no but people still do it.

• Like 1

I'm fast forwarding through Chara and her nonsense.

I kind of like Carl. Seems like he loves Kenya, but doesn't want to deal with her 24/7 so this whole deal works out for him. Also fairly certain he is seeing whomever he wants on the side, but it's just not part of the show.

Kim seems pretty immature. I'm thinking Dustin got her into polyamory ("I have so much love to give!") and they're just not showing his dates since it's not the premise of the show. 

The only person I care a little bit about is Mike. This poor dude. He really needs to bolt and find someone nice who appreciates him. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Cheery Divorcee said:

Also fairly certain he is seeing whomever he wants on the side, but it's just not part of the show.

When they were on Dr. Phil a few years ago, his girlfriend was on with them. He’s getting it from somewhere. 

• Useful 1

Kim and Dustin were on Dr. Phil? Really? I’m grateful season finale is Sunday, and Noble and Vinson (it looks like) are out of this mess. Mike and Elisa are ducked. He led his parents to think kids are still a possibility. I feel sorry for him, but he had no business going there. He’ll be lucky if she doesn’t blow everything up after that.

oh, I get it James and Kenya were on Dr. Phil. Read that one wrong

Edited by gentlespirit512
Misunderstood
  • Like 1
On 4/26/2023 at 3:34 PM, Cheery Divorcee said:

I'm fast forwarding through Chara and her nonsense.

I kind of like Carl. Seems like he loves Kenya, but doesn't want to deal with her 24/7 so this whole deal works out for him. Also fairly certain he is seeing whomever he wants on the side, but it's just not part of the show.

Kim seems pretty immature. I'm thinking Dustin got her into polyamory ("I have so much love to give!") and they're just not showing his dates since it's not the premise of the show. 

The only person I care a little bit about is Mike. This poor dude. He really needs to bolt and find someone nice who appreciates him. 

I understand why Carl wants his alone time. Kenya is a lot, especially if you are a bit of an introvert. 

Mike is also the only person I give a shite about on this train wreck. There is no way he is okay with the fact she cheated or the lifestyle he claims they chose. He is a bad actor nobody is convinced he is cool with it, you can see she is the boss. Look how she reacted when he mentioned kids! She went bonkers. Dude seriously run; there will be someone that will be a better match for you.  

• Like 4

I really wanted Mike's mother to ask him WHY he wants this type of relationship with his wife. I don't believe for a minute that he's the one who suggested it, as they both insist. Why would a cheated-on spouse think this would solve anything? He looks like a hostage sitting there trying to answer the question the way his abductor wants him to, and she sits next to him staring him down. He just seems beaten down by her and like he needs help.

• Like 2