Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Family Matters

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez investigate a case of grand larceny tied to feuding crime families when the gifts are stolen during a mob wedding. Also, Frank clashes with Mayor Chase (Dylan Walsh) when an influx of immigrants arrive in the city; Erin questions whether her district attorney campaign is compromising her day job; and Eddie enlists Jamie's help to bust a drug dealer responsible for fentanyl overdoses in order to comfort a grieving grandfather (Larry Manetti), on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, April 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+

Eddie needs to be put in her place. Can't stand her opinions taking over rules..

"First heist you disappeared like Danny Ocean or something." LOL

So the mayor brought all those people in on buses then did nothing but hand a package? Don't blame Frank going after him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 4

Once...just once... I'd like to see Eddie really mess up with significant consequences.  If she so badly wants to be a detective she should study for it and take the test.  I really cannot stand her.  

Jack and Erin...love them together.

• Like 10

Both Danny’s and Erin’s storylines were underdeveloped. At least with Erin’s, it was framed well enough that more details/screen time want necessary to get the gist. That last scene with Erin and Jack Boyle hints at a possible loss or even withdrawal from the DA race, and/or another mutual try a committed relationship. 

Danny’s story utilized almost every mob and heist trope one could imagine, beginning with the wedding free-for-all opener. Donnie Wahlberg delivered those Godfather and Ocean’s reference with exactly the right amount of snark. The actors playing the young couple were good, but her dad Carmine was so comic book I was shaking my head through those scenes. 

Frank and the Mayor was interesting in that Frank’s reaction wasn’t exactly what I expected. The solution of billing the Mayor for the police presence at his publicity stunt was an interesting outcome. Dylan Walsh was good as Mayor in this episode. He’s near the bottom of my Blue Bloods mayors list, but I liked him last night. I was also relieved that the Governor was merely mentioned but not seen. 

Eddie and Jamie’s storyline was just bad. As others mentioned above, Eddie continually  steps way over the line in her role as a patrol officer, yet always seems to suffer no repercussions or negative consequences. (Contrast this with Erin’s storyline tonight where Erin lost a murder trial due to her own actions/decisions/omissions.) I fully agree with the poster above that Eddie should just take the detective test. This could even result in a storyline where Joe Hill (and not Danny) coaches her through detective exam prep.

I would also welcome a well developed story where Jamie and Eddie go through an extended rough patch in their marriage as a result of what occurs in their work. Awkward family dinners (which have been fairly snoozeworthy as of late*) would be a twist for season 14. 

• Like 5
Just now, kurtz said:

Awkward family dinners (which have been fairly snoozeworthy as of late*) would be a twist for season 14. 

*excepting Henry’s revelation of his and Betty’s visit to a nudist resort back in the day. That was gold. 

When Henry mentioned in the current episode at family dinner that he’d enjoy living in a sunny, warm location, my spouse quickly quipped “in the nude”. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
20 hours ago, Artsda said:

So the mayor brought all those people in on buses then did nothing but hand a package? Don't blame Frank going after him. 

The mayor didn't bring them in. Assuming this is based on what is happening in the real world, a govenor of a state along the Southern border is sending the people on buses to NYC, and then NYC has to deal with them. The mayor either believes in helping people upon arrival or is trying to make lemonade out of lemons and doing something that looks good for the cameras/his political career. 

Frank's storyline needed an additional few lines of dialogue. I do not understand why the immigrants were an issue for the police department. Where they driving without a license? Were they making it difficult to investigate crimes? Where they actually commiting crimes? I would accept a range of possible answers/motivations, but I need something resembling a reason. Frank saying it's a major problem for the department is not enough for me (which is part of the reason I know I am far outside the show's target audience). 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Geez, Frank is getting pettier and pettier.

How long will it take for Erin to announce that she’s not gonna run for Manhattan DA?

GTFO Eddie Janko!

What’s the point of having Larry Manetti on BB when he wasn’t sharing any screen time with his old buddy. His cameo on Magnum PI (2018) was so much better.

I wish we could see more of Matthew Daddario in this episode. His role was quite insignificant to the mob families’ story.

• Like 3

As for Frank's quip about suburban raccoons vs NYC rats, GIVE ME RACCOONS ANY DAY and twice on Sunday. Yes, they make a mess if you don't secure your bins but Trash Pandas are adorable little goofballs.

• LOL 3
On 4/22/2023 at 10:23 AM, kurtz said:

I fully agree with the poster above that Eddie should just take the detective test.

They don't offer that regularly, though, if I remember from previous seasons...like they only offer the sergeants' test when the they need to fill up the list.

Eddie's definitely not sergeant material, but she's got some instincts that would help her as a detective.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, kwnyc said:

They don't offer that regularly, though, if I remember from previous seasons...like they only offer the sergeants' test when the they need to fill up the list.

Eddie's definitely not sergeant material, but she's got some instincts that would help her as a detective.

And whether she realizes or is willing to admit it, she wants to be a detective. 

• Like 1