Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: One Big Thing

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Isn't that kind of how it works in real life though? People age at different rates and people's hair starts turning gray/white at different points. My father is the oldest of his siblings and has the least gray hair.

I guess it was weird to see Katherine, in particular, with fully white hair when she should be in her mid to late 50s. I wouldn't have minded streaks of grey hair, but I think it was also such a contrast to Greta, who didn't seem to have changed much.

Grace Kim Park looked great with the hair, don't get me wrong, but it felt like they needed to show that she's aged and they thought she'd be the perfect character to have her hair completely changed. 

37 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Isn't that kind of how it works in real life though? People age at different rates and people's hair starts turning gray/white at different points. My father is the oldest of his siblings and has the least gray hair.

That's what I thought too.  The aging process results depends on genetics, sun exposure, etc. which varies from person to person.

Did anyone think future Katherine's hair was even more ridiculous than the current-day chop cut nonsense?  And how Greta hangs on to her present-day 'do like Rod Stewart?

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I guess it was weird to see Katherine, in particular, with fully white hair when she should be in her mid to late 50s. I wouldn't have minded streaks of grey hair, but I think it was also such a contrast to Greta, who didn't seem to have changed much.

Grace Kim looked great with the hair, don't get me wrong, but it felt like they needed to show that she's aged and they thought she'd be the perfect character to have her hair completely changed. 

Isn't the actress named Grace Park?  I thought she was sporting bleached blonde hair not white or gray.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Did anyone think future Katherine's hair was even more ridiculous than the current-day chop cut nonsense?  

Me. The thing that struck me from the future scenes was that they didn't even give Katherine decent hair then.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Isn't the actress named Grace Park?  I thought she was sporting bleached blonde hair not white or gray.

Yeah, I just screwed up her last name (oops!). Her hair seemed more white to me, but I'm not terribly good at telling this stuff apart.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I just screwed up her last name (oops!). Her hair seemed more white to me, but I'm not terribly good at telling this stuff apart.

Isn't Katherine's mom's last name Kim?

On 5/4/2023 at 10:42 AM, ams1001 said:

I liked that 16yo Javi speaks Spanish, and apparently Maggie does not, but she understands what he's saying. I wonder if Tia Inez spoke it with him when he was growing up.

My immediate guess was that she must have. I liked the idea that Maggie understood Javi, even if we never see her speaking Spanish herself. This is apparently a not-uncommon experience for bi-cultural kids or the children of immigrants: the first generation (Javier) struggles to fit into North American culture; the next generation (Gary) is more completely assimilated and can tend to reject “old country” language and culture; the grandchildren (Javi) show greater interest in reclaiming their linguistic and cultural heritage. This is only a broad generalization, of course, and may not fully reflect the experience of Americans with Latin American roots in particular — and is not my experience in any case. But the pattern does exist for many. 

• Like 4