Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E18: Head Games

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

This episode had enough twists to remind me of old L&O. First it’s this one, no, then that one, and so on till the solution. Choice that the initial victim is the perpetrator. I know she had no memory of the stabbing, but she sure had the right idea with that hatchet!

• Like 4

Lots of red herrings. I suspected the husband but then wondered about the wife mentioning her dead cousin's funeral - which seems out of the blue. Should have been able to put two and two together. I'm not sure a high level of T4 turns you into a murdering maniac - auntie Google says 'nope'. (And if so husband's plan had some serious flaws). Maybe it lowers your inhibition threshold? In that case the marriage counselling did definitely not help. Not that there ever was much doubt seeing that husband tried to get his wife committed.

Jimmy's a good friend.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

Jimmy is a fantastic friend!  I like that he's forged his own relationships with the NCIS team, similar to Ducky.  It is a nice continuity that shows him following Ducky's lead in forming strong friendships with co-workers, but not with the same co-workers as Ducky, and not in the same way.  Of course.....with the exception of McGee.....there really aren't many cast members in common with the original seasons of NCIS.  And that's OK. 

I kind of like how the CotW is taking front and center with these mysteries with red herrings and twists and turns.  This was a good episode.

Even though I really like the "new" cast and team, I wouldn't mind a little closure on some of the open stories from absent cast members.  I think Abby has been mentioned in an episode as happily running some sort of animal shelter and animal detective service down around NOLA, right?  I wouldn't mind, even though the actor is still under a bit of a black cloud, a subdued and centered Tony making an appearance so he can boggle at the seamless team in place now.  I'd much rather an occasional Tony appearance than Senior coming back.  I think they need maybe one callback episode where Gibbs is involved in a case.  Maybe a case leads them to Alaska, and they just randomly encounter Gibbs in the course of the investigation.  Say...as a patron in a bar rising up to throw a punch at an escaping bad guy, stopping him dead in his tracks, then a nod to Parker and McGee with a "You're welcome" hat tip as he steps over the comatose body to amble out the door towards the marina.  They should let Ducky retire out of the basement archive office they've stuck him in, and throw a great party.  Maybe that's the excuse to bring Tony and Gibbs back?

• Like 3
23 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Jimmy is a fantastic friend!  I like that he's forged his own relationships with the NCIS team, similar to Ducky.  It is a nice continuity that shows him following Ducky's lead in forming strong friendships with co-workers, but not with the same co-workers as Ducky, and not in the same way.  Of course.....with the exception of McGee.....there really aren't many cast members in common with the original seasons of NCIS.  And that's OK. 

I kind of like how the CotW is taking front and center with these mysteries with red herrings and twists and turns.  This was a good episode.

Even though I really like the "new" cast and team, I wouldn't mind a little closure on some of the open stories from absent cast members.  I think Abby has been mentioned in an episode as happily running some sort of animal shelter and animal detective service down around NOLA, right?  I wouldn't mind, even though the actor is still under a bit of a black cloud, a subdued and centered Tony making an appearance so he can boggle at the seamless team in place now.  I'd much rather an occasional Tony appearance than Senior coming back.  I think they need maybe one callback episode where Gibbs is involved in a case.  Maybe a case leads them to Alaska, and they just randomly encounter Gibbs in the course of the investigation.  Say...as a patron in a bar rising up to throw a punch at an escaping bad guy, stopping him dead in his tracks, then a nod to Parker and McGee with a "You're welcome" hat tip as he steps over the comatose body to amble out the door towards the marina.  They should let Ducky retire out of the basement archive office they've stuck him in, and throw a great party.  Maybe that's the excuse to bring Tony and Gibbs back?

I think if they actually know they’re ending (threatened for HOW many seasons now?), they’ll try to do a satisfying wrap (and then go right off to promote a ‘movie of the week’ reunion to stave off withdrawal). I don’t need to see Abby, or any other actor that they decided to eliminate (especially “very special agent” Bull-don’t care whether it was the actor or the writers, his character became insufferable). As I’ve said before, I’m happy to watch,  I like the characters and stories. It’s not what it was, but it’s still entertaining.

One of those DC area errors...the couple lived in Waldorf (Maryland), he was stabbed in the abdomen and bleeding heavily, but the paramedics took him over an hour away to Walter Reed?  Nope, especially since there are tons of MTFs (Military Treatment Facilities) closer than that.

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind Tony and Ziva being on a couple of episodes.  I usually don't like couples on a show but the show did it in such a way that I never got tired of their romance.  I do like the current cast with the exception of Kasie(sp).  She tries to be funny many times and it doesn't work for me.  I would welcome back Abby with open arms!!  Abby was funny, cute and just brighten every scene she came out in. 

What I wish the show would stop doing because I think it looks lame is when the agents are discussing a case in the main office and out of no where Kasie or Jimmy come in answering the question that was aksed or contributing to the discussion.   Really, it could be anyone that is not in the office comes in and adds to the case.  It happens in EVERY episode!!

Edited by rr2911
  • Like 1
On 4/12/2023 at 9:01 PM, LuvMyShows said:

One of those DC area errors...the couple lived in Waldorf (Maryland), he was stabbed in the abdomen and bleeding heavily, but the paramedics took him over an hour away to Walter Reed?  Nope, especially since there are tons of MTFs (Military Treatment Facilities) closer than that.

Especially considering the gridlock they would have to slog through. I think the writers are (and always have) tried to max out the importance of this NCIS team by constantly dropping all these universally recognized locales, whether logically feasible or not. 

I knew it was the husband as soon as I saw the actor. I had just watched an early episode of Major Crimes where he played a truly asshole evil boyfriend who drugged his med school girlfriend who ended up in a car accident and killed 3 three people. He was acting kinda like the same character so I said, yep, it's him. 😁