Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Sugar and Tea and Rum

• Start Topic

Competitors will need to use skill to cook an alcohol-based dish in the episode! When the platform drops, each will grab an alcohol and a protein and incorporate it among their dishes. One chef's spirits will not be lifted and will be eliminated in the all-new "Sugar and Tea and Rum" episode of Next Level Chef airing Thursday, Mar. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Is it me or does Nyesha not help her team as much as Richard and Gordon do?

Richard and Gordon seem to offer slight suggestions to their team members while Nyesha just basically asks her team what they're going to do.

4 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Eh, possibly.  I do think she tries to keep them focused on the task.

I did expect April to go home sooner rather than later.  Chris is a lot.

4 hours ago, KeithJ said:

Richard and Gordon seem to offer slight suggestions to their team members while Nyesha just basically asks her team what they're going to do.

I think we've seen Nyesha more actively help her team members in the past. I seem to remember there was an instance where Nyesha was actually seen/thought have been seen taking something out of the frier for one of her crew in S1 some time.

I think Nyesha was done with April this episode which is why she really didn't help her at all. April was way out of her league and probably shouldn't have even made the show - she just feels like she does not have the wide expanse of culinary knowledge needed for this competition. Everyone left seems to know at least a little bit about all different cuisines but April was in over her head from the start and has just been treading water. I am sure her specialty food is excellent but she can't seem to shift her thinking from her niche. Nothing wrong with being excellent at one style of food but cooking competitions require a wider range of food knowledge. 

Michelle needs to put that hair up! She is going to make an excellent dish but end up in the cook-off because there is a hair in the dish and the chefs can't eat it. I cannot believe that no one has said anything to her about putting her hair up - that should be cooking 101.

5 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

April was way out of her league and probably shouldn't have even made the show - she just feels like she does not have the wide expanse of culinary knowledge needed for this competition.

The same can be said about Matt-the dude who thought potato is the only starch. He also seems very limited in what he knows. He was also clueless about how to go about making Asian cuisine a few weeks ago.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The same can be said about Matt-the dude who thought potato is the only starch. He also seems very limited in what he knows. He was also clueless about how to go about making Asian cuisine a few weeks ago.

GHScorpiosRule - agree, Matt is not long for this competition either but I think he may have judge a smidge more knowledge about other cuisines than April. In all fairness, Matt did start out strong and won the immunity pin for his first dish, which is more than April can say. It has just not been great since then. 

BTW - I love your screen name - I have written Scrubs fanfiction for years 

• Love 1

I really dislike Chris.  I didn't like the arrogant ER/ICU doctor, but I think Chris is worse.  This probably means he goes far into the competition.  Ugh.  My favorites are Pilar, Nuri and Preston.

On 3/17/2023 at 12:48 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

I think we've seen Nyesha more actively help her team members in the past. I seem to remember there was an instance where Nyesha was actually seen/thought have been seen taking something out of the frier for one of her crew in S1 some time.

20 hours ago, cmahorror said:

I think Nyesha was done with April this episode which is why she really didn't help her at all. April was way out of her league and probably shouldn't have even made the show - she just feels like she does not have the wide expanse of culinary knowledge needed for this competition. Everyone left seems to know at least a little bit about all different cuisines but April was in over her head from the start and has just been treading water. I am sure her specialty food is excellent but she can't seem to shift her thinking from her niche. Nothing wrong with being excellent at one style of food but cooking competitions require a wider range of food knowledge. 

I agree that Nyesha has helped her team in the past, I do think she gives advice on seasoning and making sure things are cooked through and whatnot.  I think she was just ready to lose April.  Last week when Shay missed the platform, she said she wanted to put both April and Shay into the elimination.  I had really thought we were going to see a three person elimination, but she put Shay in because he missed the platform.  I would have put April in last week for the completely raw meat.

Agree that April was out of her league and I got tired of her stories about how "ahm just a home cuh ook" who puts good food on the table for her family.

17 hours ago, cmahorror said:

GHScorpiosRule - agree, Matt is not long for this competition either but I think he may have judge a smidge more knowledge about other cuisines than April. In all fairness, Matt did start out strong and won the immunity pin for his first dish, which is more than April can say. It has just not been great since then. 

I like Matt but I do think he seems like a meat and potatoes guy and that's about it.  But he's not doing poorly.  He at least gives effort and has seemed to come up with decent dishes.  I compare him to Darryl, who went out during Chinese week.  He was asked to make a dumpling in the elimination, and he responded by making a ravioli and called it an "Italian dumpling".  I mean, he wasn't wrong, it is an Italian dumpling, but it seemed like kind of a cheat.

• Like 1