Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/13/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Haleth said:

That was an awkward interview with Nick Braun. Is Alyssa the only one who watches his show?  (Maybe Ana?)

I cringed so hard when they kept referencing how tall he is. It is so tiresome for really tall people or really short people to hear over over again about their height. It is rude and downright plebeian to do that.

The shift in the show to all these stupid advice column topics is making women as a whole look bad. I don't watch this show for that. I don't even know why I watch it anymore except that is a quarter century bad habit. They could use that stage to help women, but they don't. This performative women's history month stuff is just that-a performance. 

• Like 7

Once again we learn that Asunción, until “forced,” didn’t watch a very popular and much honored production, in this case, “Succession “ - and again, I feel it’s prob due to the cast being insufficiently diverse, in her opinion.  And yet she had no issues working, no doubt for great pay, for Fox “news.”  Guess her standards were lower when her position was less secure.

And, if I’m not a practicing Catholic, Lenten dietary restrictions are not relevant. Too bad Whoops wasn’t present - maybe Nick Braun’s sandwiches would’ve been greeted more enthusiastically (if not politely.)

1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I cringed so hard when they kept referencing how tall he is. It is so tiresome for really tall people or really short people to hear over over again about their height. It is rude and downright plebeian to do that.

The shift in the show to all these stupid advice column topics is making women as a whole look bad. I don't watch this show for that. I don't even know why I watch it anymore except that is a quarter century bad habit. They could use that stage to help women, but they don't. This performative women's history month stuff is just that-a performance. 

I watch the show for discussions like today’s first segment, a roundup of (some) of our last leader’s legal problems, as it gives me hope that some Viewers may become better informed and react appropriately.  Many folks, sadly, are still ignorant of alleged bad behavior that’s been under investigation for years.

Edited by flummoxd
Typo
  • Like 6
21 hours ago, flummoxd said:

Hugh Grant is a graduate (& scholarship recipient, per online info) of Oxford University, so of course he’d reference Thackeray - and of course Ms Graham, a model, would assume he meant the mag’s party.  Talk about a mismatch.  Not to pile on, but I also disliked her Oscar interview outfit - so tired of the panty display.

A bit of a contrarian speculation - what if Ashley was making a joke there - he says Vanity Fair referencing the novel, and she refers to the magazine's after-party because the magazine covers the kind of society the novel is about. Maybe Hugh is the one who didn't get it. 

Either way, her outfit was not flattering, IMO. 

• Like 1

Since Ana seems to be pretty anti-Catholic church, I'm surprised she would care about Lenten restrictions about eating meat on Fridays. 

It is quite common for there to be a dispensation of the restriction when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday and parishioners are informed ahead of time, so this is not exactly breaking news. 

As someone pointed out, the cheating husband is the one who made the vows and has chosen to break them. If the woman is aware that the man is married, she should be ethical enough to not get involved, but he is the one who is most guilty, IMO. Telling the woman to back off may end that particular relationship, but that's no guarantee that he won't find someone else.

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Since Ana seems to be pretty anti-Catholic church, I'm surprised she would care about Lenten restrictions about eating meat on Fridays. 

It is quite common for there to be a dispensation of the restriction when St. Patrick's Day falls on a Friday and parishioners are informed ahead of time, so this is not exactly breaking news. 

As someone pointed out, the cheating husband is the one who made the vows and has chosen to break them. If the woman is aware that the man is married, she should be ethical enough to not get involved, but he is the one who is most guilty, IMO. Telling the woman to back off may end that particular relationship, but that's no guarantee that he won't find someone else.

Ana seemed to be picking at Sunny a bit with the Catholic church comments.  But Sunny let it roll and kept it moving .  Maybe it was her giving up being snarky for Lent.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

When Nick Braun walked out the camera got him from behind and you could see the audience standing and clapping while he greeted the ladies as they remained seated at the table. As soon as he sat he sarcastically said, "Nice of you all to stand up for me." The ladies quickly said that the audience doesn't stand for everyone. But he was clearly talking about the co-hosts because the audience was standing. 

• Useful 1
On 3/17/2023 at 10:07 PM, Blissfool said:

When Nick Braun walked out the camera got him from behind and you could see the audience standing and clapping while he greeted the ladies as they remained seated at the table. As soon as he sat he sarcastically said, "Nice of you all to stand up for me." The ladies quickly said that the audience doesn't stand for everyone. But he was clearly talking about the co-hosts because the audience was standing. 

I didn’t see it when it aired so watched before commenting. The panel stands when they hug someone they know and I felt it was a jerk thing to say if it was reference to them. He seemed like a nice young man but to think they should stand because the audience did doesn’t make sense to me.  Case in point Zach Braff who certainly is more accomplished and awarded for his vast acting and directing in films etc but just part of audience stood.  It was silly to go on and on about Nicks height. geeez and he was very funny with what God said about Irish being cool so they could eat on the 17th. I had no ideathatobstai g still went on.  It was every Friday when I was married to a Catholic.