Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Close To Home

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny partners with Texas Ranger Waylon Gates (Lyle Lovett) again to deliver an infamous drug cartel boss to arraignment, but the mission becomes complicated when the criminal threatens to harm the Reagans. Also, Erin is thrust into the spotlight when she takes on a highly contentious assault case involving a beloved basketball star; Eddie forms an unlikely alliance to solve a cold murder case; and Frank and Jamie clash when Frank denies a request for Jamie to go undercover, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, March 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Danny is occupied with Diego Rodriguez's guarding duty but he somehow manages to take a break to attend his weekly Sunday dinner. Convenient huh.

I wish they would take this opportunity to bring Nicky and Jack home for their safety, then show us the dinner scene with the whole family around, including Joe. It's been a while since we see all of them together.

Eddie should join Regina Haywood in 74th Precinct under East New York universe. The ladies share the same passion in doing good things and never give-up.

• Like 4

Admittedly, I was watching with only partial attention, but I didn't understand the story about the gang member who killed his friend.  Everyone seemed to know he was a gangbanger, but no one told the cops until the end.  Who was that person who revealed it?  Why did he suddenly come forward.

The snitch was the guy who worked the front counter at the pizza place. Guess he takes over the place now, LOL. 

Funny how a drug dealer who rivals El Chapo is watched over by two guys in a random safe house vs being locked up in a high security facility .

And why did the rapist basketball player have an agent but no lawyer whenever he talked to Erin ?

When you have 4 story arcs per episode and each one has to be wrapped up in literally 10 minutes or less, the writing just doesn’t seem to matter .

• Like 5
14 hours ago, Msample said:

And why did the rapist basketball player have an agent but no lawyer whenever he talked to Erin ?

I got the impression she was a lawyer who decided to become an agent to grab the big bucks (just below ambulance chaser).

Not too bright,  either.

• Like 1

So Frank tells Jamie not to do the dangerous assignment but when the kids are threatened he tells Danny to lean into the dangerous assignment. To do his job. Total hypocritical double standard. 

Heh, I typed the above before the final scene between Frank and Jamie. Glad to see that Frank realized the error of his ways. I hope that the trafficking storyline carries over into the rest of the season. Could be good. 

Eddie needs to just go for a detective badge already.

It was nice to see Jack again even if it was only in a photo. 

• Like 3
On 3/11/2023 at 3:35 PM, Msample said:

When you have 4 story arcs per episode and each one has to be wrapped up in literally 10 minutes or less, the writing just doesn’t seem to matter .

My problem with the 4 storyline episodes is that there is only one storyline that felt rushed and could have used more time. 

On 3/12/2023 at 10:13 AM, wlk68 said:

It was nice to see Jack again even if it was only in a photo. 

Something this series has done well is not forgetting that Jack exists. He may not be on screen but he is mentioned enough to still feel like a real character. 

• Like 1
On 3/11/2023 at 7:51 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Eddie should join Regina Haywood in 74th Precinct under East New York universe. The ladies share the same passion in doing good things and never give-up.

I would support this. Also, there is a character named "Yenko" on that show...Yenko & Jenko? ;-)

Funny how a drug dealer who rivals El Chapo is watched over by two guys in a random safe house vs being locked up in a high security facility .

Yeah, why wasn't he in the Tombs? I mean Epstein killed himself there, but...

Edited by kwnyc