Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter Nineteen - The Convert

• Start Topic

On 3/25/2023 at 4:30 PM, tv-talk said:

How do you figure? Fett killed Cade Bane, not sure "weak" is how I'd describe him.  And I'm not sure anybody but Luke makes Din look weak!

I don't think Boba was doing a bang up job managing his "empire" - Fennec Shand was doing most of the work both strategically and physically. They would not have survived that last battle without Din and Grogru. And don't get me started on Boba killing Cad Bane. What a waste of a great Star Wars villain. Unpopular opinion: That show made Boba so boring I would have preferred for Cad Bane to win that duel. I think Fennec Shand would do a better job than Boba running Tatooine anyway.....YMMV though......okay, enough about that show.......

I think the Season 2 finale showed Luke's power as a Jedi, but he is definitely no Yoda as far as training Jedi though if Grogru and Ben Solo are any indication......

Din only looked weak because he was bested by that part robot thing and needed Bo to save him, plus her skill with the dark saber compared to him is remarkable. I guess I'll give him a pass for drowning because he was weak from whatever that thing did to him and he was surprised by the drop off. But technically, he would have drowned if she hadn't saved him a second time......

• Like 1

I, like many of you, thought this episode was really slow. Then we got to the end and I realized, it wasn't slow, it was just a slow burn. Because that ending?! Omg. Watching the "good guys" essentially labotomize Pershing for reasons they've justified as for the greater good? Honestly, terrifying. 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/17/2023 at 9:15 AM, Chyromaniac said:

My god- if Disney could figure that out, they’d make so much money that they could probably stop selling Genie+ and not notice.  I mean, Star Wars or not - what kid (or “adult kid”) isn’t gonna want a glowing freaking popsicle ar Disneyland?  I’m sure it would be crazy expensive- but they sold me a $250-ish lightsaber, so…

Otherwise, besides the yellow cookie- take that Pog soup recipe they posted, pair it with some kind of “Mandalorian cheese sandwich” and sell that at Docking Bay 7.  Disney wants to increase IP in the parks?  Boom- there’s your Mando synergy.

I can figure out how to make a glowing popsicle so I’m sure disney can. 

http://www.mavromatic.com/2004/07/glowing-popsicles/

in fact you can buy them at some 7-11s

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1

So an episode of Andor in Mandalorian.
The gritty-realistic-dystopian-whatever side of the SW universe is not my cup of tea. Which is why I did not enjoy Andor (although it was well made). And I think they should keep Mandalorian out of this. The universe of the franchise has been established anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/15/2023 at 8:50 AM, absnow54 said:

I didn't really care for the Pershing story either, but it's always fun to explore Coruscant, and get glimmers of the failed New Republic. These Star Wars TV shows have captured the creepy 70's sci-fi horror genre very well.

Oh, I love anything set on Coruscant!

On 3/16/2023 at 10:21 AM, callmebetty said:

In the words of Ian Malcolm.  "Now you eventually plan on having Mandalorians on your, on your Mandalorian show, right? Hello? "

*Sigh.* "I really hate that man..."

On 3/16/2023 at 1:13 PM, Dani said:

For me the biggest indicator of how the New Republic is doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past if how the people in the amnesty program were given numbers and forever labeled as former imperials.

That was beyond creepy and dehumanizing.

• Like 2