Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Chapter Nineteen - The Convert

• Start Topic

On 3/15/2023 at 11:38 PM, Athena5217 said:

In contrast, the R5 droid was pretty sad laying on the floor because it didn’t secure itself. I think it needs to start serving drinks because it doesn’t seem up for much else.

I agree and stand by my theory that R5 has some form of PTSD and cannot function in a high pressure combat/combat adjacent enviornment.  

13 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Oh and the light up Popsicles they were eating. I thought of Galaxy's Edge right away.

I hadn't thought of the light up popscicles existing in real life until you mentioned it and now I want them. The Disney Parks have glow cubes so the technology couldn't be too different. 

This episode was the worst. Mandalorian could take over a few episodes of Boba-Fett because both shows are action/adventure toy-box Star Wars (and I mean that as a good thing. Sometimes you want fun pew-pew stories about mission of the week and cool ships and adorable creatures.) Turning Mandalorian into an Andor sequel doesn't work because Andor is a serious political drama/thriller (and that can also be a good thing. Sometimes you want a different, grittier perspective on day to day life in the Star Wars universe).  

Edited by Sarah 103
  • Like 3

I liked it. I liked seeing Coruscant post-Empire and the New Republic attempts at rehabilitating ex- Imperials. The main reason I watch the show is it's a look at the Star Wars galaxy in the years right after the Rebels won. 

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Like 4
20 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Oh and the light up Popsicles they were eating. I thought of Galaxy's Edge right away.

7 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

I hadn't thought of the light up popscicles existing in real life until you mentioned it and now I want them. The Disney Parks have glow cubes so the technology couldn't be too different. 

My god- if Disney could figure that out, they’d make so much money that they could probably stop selling Genie+ and not notice.  I mean, Star Wars or not - what kid (or “adult kid”) isn’t gonna want a glowing freaking popsicle ar Disneyland?  I’m sure it would be crazy expensive- but they sold me a $250-ish lightsaber, so…

Otherwise, besides the yellow cookie- take that Pog soup recipe they posted, pair it with some kind of “Mandalorian cheese sandwich” and sell that at Docking Bay 7.  Disney wants to increase IP in the parks?  Boom- there’s your Mando synergy.

• Like 6

I would have liked a bit more "previouslies" for Dr. Pershing and Kane to better refresh my memory as to who they were.  It took me a bit to figure out why they were in this story at this point. 

I eventually gleamed that Kane was not really "rehabilitated" but was able to deceive TNR that they were not only was rehabilitated, but Kane could find those other rehab subjects likely to break the rules, and then Kane could decide whether to betray those people to TNR, or recruit them for TFO.  Dr. Pershing was more committed to his work than the Empire, and he was perfectly fine giving that work to TNR (whether they wanted it or not), so that's why Kane scrambled his brain (machine malfunction?  brain just 'didn't agree with the procedure?)  I guess if Kane was more pro-empire, Kane would have recruited him for TNO and not betrayed him to TNR.

and yes, seeing how TNR was almost as rigid as the empire, not seeing that "things" are not good or bad, its how they are used.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Chyromaniac said:

My god- if Disney could figure that out, they’d make so much money that they could probably stop selling Genie+ and not notice.  I mean, Star Wars or not - what kid (or “adult kid”) isn’t gonna want a glowing freaking popsicle ar Disneyland?  I’m sure it would be crazy expensive- but they sold me a $250-ish lightsaber, so…

Otherwise, besides the yellow cookie- take that Pog soup recipe they posted, pair it with some kind of “Mandalorian cheese sandwich” and sell that at Docking Bay 7.  Disney wants to increase IP in the parks?  Boom- there’s your Mando synergy.

Really it would be easy. The popsicle stick just needs to glow, like the ice cubes they use. Have the flavoring but the stick would be the color.  Creating the illusion of blue or red. Or have the popsicle be a light color that is enhanced by the stick.

Back to the episode.  I'm excited to see where they are going with the possible crossover.  I really don't know where we are headed.  I mean we still have more things shown in the trailer to come including the flashback of Order 66 for Grogu.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Chyromaniac said:

Otherwise, besides the yellow cookie- 

and the RED version would cost even more...

Hopefully, Pershing ate the whole box that night because he is going to have a giant WTF moment when he sees so many cookies now that his brain is a bowl of soup...

Edited by paigow
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

Genuis! brilliant! I'm not sure if I'd try Pog soup, but there are probably people who would. It also fits with the vibe/theme of Docking Bay 7. It's a place where pilots/travelers get a bite, so I could picture bounty hunters like Mando getting a meal there. I like the idea there are different cultures who frequent Docking Bay 7 so they try to cater to a wide variety of tastes. Did I just put too much thought into? Probably. Do I care? Not really.  

As for price, I think if you priced the glow popsicle it between $5-8, that could work. It's not too much more than some of the other snacks in the park (like churros or ice-cream bars). 

3 hours ago, callmebetty said:

Really it would be easy. The popsicle stick just needs to glow, like the ice cubes they use. Have the flavoring but the stick would be the color.  Creating the illusion of blue or red. Or have the popsicle be a light color that is enhanced by the stick.

Works for me, but I don't think it has to be only the two iconic light saber colors. I would think they would want to do a wider variety of colors, especially because they would want a wider variety of fruit flavors, and people (or maybe it's just me) expect certain colors to be certain flavors (purple=grape, blue=blueberry or blue raspberry, red=strawberry or raspberry, green=lime, orange=orange)

• Like 2
On 3/15/2023 at 9:46 PM, dwmarch said:

Did they say Coruscant has one trillion people on it? As in one thousand billion? Even if the whole surface is covered in skyscrapers, that seems a little high

We were told that that little tip of stone was actually the top of the highest mountain on the planet (clearly before they put buildings on every square inch). Even assuming that that mountain had not been as tall as Everest, may be only 20,000 feet high, you can put a lot of people in a building that’s 20,000 feet high. It appears that they’re skyscrapers are a lot taller than our skyscrapers.

As for Elia, I was initially on the fence as to whether or not I believed she was now on the side of the New Republic. But as soon as she started pushing Dr. Pershing to do something not only dangerous, but that would also get him into considerable trouble. If he were caught out, there was no question anymore.

I don’t think she was ever part of the amnesty program.  She clearly held a position of rank, and I believe that she went underground as soon as Gideon was taken and emerged to join the New Republic, with the ultimate intent of freeing Gideon.

Noticed that she kept the device they “stole“ and I suspect that it’s something that can be used to help free Gideon.

And, yes, the New Republic is as dumb as a stump. But then again, this seems to be a repeated pattern of stupidity on both sides of the fence all the way through the tens of thousands of years of history.

Especially as it’s some point we’re told that there are only two Sith around at a time. You would think that at some point the troops would say, “yes, they do have some of that we don’t have but there are two of them and 500,000 of us and since none of them are Zen Rand, I think we can take them.“

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarah 103 said:

I would think they would want to do a wider variety of colors, especially because they would want a wider variety of fruit flavors, and people (or maybe it's just me) expect certain colors to be certain flavors (purple=grape, blue=blueberry or blue raspberry, red=strawberry or raspberry, green=lime, orange=orange)

This will get really expensive if Khyber Crystals are needed....

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Boadicea said:

As for Elia, I was initially on the fence as to whether or not I believed she was now on the side of the New Republic. But as soon as she started pushing Dr. Pershing to do something not only dangerous, but that would also get him into considerable trouble. If he were caught out, there was no question anymore.

The fact that she was setting him up was kind of foreshadowed when she encouraged him to touch the mountain, knowing it wasn't allowed and that the security droid would stop him. You'd think that would have been a warning to him that maybe she wasn't entirely trustworthy. I was shouting, "Don't trust her!" at the TV the whole time. I'm just curious what she was trying to accomplish -- just getting the equipment? Frying his brain so he couldn't tell too much? Torturing him for turning on the Empire? He was so obviously a patsy who was being groomed with the gifts, the encouragement to break rules, the quick bonding, though it would have been a fun twist if it had turned out he was the double agent who was setting her up by playing the perfect patsy.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Boadicea said:

Noticed that she kept the device they “stole“ and I suspect that it’s something that can be used to help free Gideon.

i thought it was simply some sort of carrying case that Dr. Pershing was putting "supplies" in while on the ship.  

What is a mudscuffer? Given the way Bo spat it out, I guess it's some kind of cuss word but why?

When told she was also redeemed and could stay at the covert, Bo-Katan's reaction was like, "Eh, I'm not really a joiner." I want to see her lowkey proceed to wreck that place and get thrown out, lol.

stand by my theory that R5 has some form of PTSD and cannot function in a high pressure combat/combat adjacent enviornment.  

Up until I read this thread I thought R5 had been fainting/short circuiting from fear. What was that button Grogu would push when R5 fell? It seemed to slide R5 out of the way.

Wait so in the future there are… cubicles???

Yeah, and I was also amused at how turnstile jumping and fare evasion are still a thing in the future.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Like 3
On 3/15/2023 at 6:46 PM, dwmarch said:

Did they say Coruscant has one trillion people on it? As in one thousand billion? Even if the whole surface is covered in skyscrapers, that seems a little high.

Starwars.com lists the population as trillions. It is made up of thousands of cities stacked on top of cities.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What is a mudscuffer? Given the way Bo spat it out, I guess it's some kind of cuss word but why?

Cara once said “son of a mudscuffer” so probably the Star Wars version of bitch. No clue if that is more or less insulting than a nerfherder. 

Speaking of curse words created for tv, they need to get Bo to say frak. According to wookiepedia it’s been used in star wars media before. 

As a Disneyphile, I'm highly amused by the Galaxy's Edge references in this thread!

Did anyone else notice the area music in the background at Monument Plaza (Umate's peak)? Not only was it a reminder of the kind of area music you'd hear while walking through a Disney park, but it was actually a light-hearted version of John Williams' March of the Resistance, from The Force Awakens:

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Sorry all, but for me, this episode was awful. The opening scene, that chase, was absolutely amazing, like amazing enough that when it was over I instantly began raving to Mrs. Juice about how dope it was, and laughing with a childish joy about it. It was tremendous!

The next fifteen minutes were ridiculous. If we are never going back to that lady from Gideon ship, and i suggest we do not, then this is a total waste of time. And the interaction between everyone on coruscant felt just bizarre. They talked like they were in am infomercial for the amnesty program. Even the way they shook hands was weird. And the score kept trying to sound like I should be impressed, but coruscant looks like a fancy airport terminal, nothing g has any weight, everything is neon, it looks terrible. 

No one was like, "hey, I wonder what that Dr. Pershing is up to" in the star wars universe. And I don't care if they're in a program, Pershing would be reviled as a war criminal. Fucking terrible episode and now i have to be mad at it all the way to next week. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, and I was also amused at how turnstile jumping and fare evasion are still a thing in the future.

I thought that all of the Star Wars universe was set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."  

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I thought that all of the Star Wars universe was set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."  

"All of this has happened before. All of this will happen again."

That was way too easy 😁

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

And I don't care if they're in a program, Pershing would be reviled as a war criminal. Fucking terrible episode and now i have to be mad at it all the way to next week. 

Except that Operation Paperclip (ex-Nazi scientists coming to work for the U.S, especially in the space program) was a real thing that actually existed/happened, so I was totally willing to give them a pass on that. I agree with you about everything else though. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

It’s a long time ago from the perspective of whoever is telling the story.  For a while, my head canon was that “Star Wars” is a story comprised of the accumulated historical data (either from personal or archival knowledge) of R2-D2, the only character who appears throughout the entire saga with their memories intact.

However, one of George’s early ideas was for the story to be told from the perspective of some immortal being- if you’ve ever heard of the Journal of the Whills, that’s where this idea comes from.  Obviously that specific narrative concept got dropped, in favor of the Force as the supernatural element of the Star Wars Universe.  But, I think it’s still reflected in the fairytale-like opening.  We are being told this story - perhaps by the Force itself - from a future so distant that even the events of Star Wars seems like “long ago.”

Back On Topic:

I’m very interested to see if we get an explanation for why the Imperials chose this exact moment to drop by and blow up Bo’s home.  Presumably they are after Grogu- but how did they know he was there, or that she was involved?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Chyromaniac said:

I’m very interested to see if we get an explanation for why the Imperials chose this exact moment to drop by and blow up Bo’s home.  Presumably they are after Grogu- but how did they know he was there, or that she was involved?

I figured it was Moff Gideon getting back at her.  She did steal his ship and get him captured after all.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Except that Operation Paperclip (ex-Nazi scientists coming to work for the U.S, especially in the space program) was a real thing that actually existed/happened

This was combined with a DeNazification program in Europe. After the war, General Patton was named Military Governor of Bavaria.

He was directed to remove all former Nazis from the civil service; however, he refused on the grounds that these were the only competent officials that could keep the infrastructure running. Patton was reassigned shortly thereafter.

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Chyromaniac said:

Maybe they just really don't like Brutalist architecture.

Have the fighter vehicles always emitted smoke? There were trails coming out of the back of each of the fighters.   I thought that was bad cgi.

• LOL 3

So the massive beastie in the waters didnt grab Mando? He just stepped into deep water in a metal suit and sunk like a stone to his death if not for Bo jumping in wearing her metal suit and saving him? That's what happened, Mando was just going to drown due to wearing a metal bathing suit? Awful.

The stuff with the Dr was way too tedious for the "payoff" of her just erasing his mind. My 8yr old joked during those Boba episodoes "Book of Boba starring the Mandalorian" and this felt like that- way too much time on a plot not even involving characters anyone wants to see much. At least in Book it was Mando.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This is kind of a deep cut, but Pershing's get up with the glasses reminds me of Michael O'Donoghue. I thought he was going to start screaming about needles.

Good to see that with all the technology, there's still traffic.

I don't mind side stories, but keep them to a minimum. I take the point of showing what the government is like and the post-Empire world. I mean, the First Order came about for a reason. I also take the point that people working for the Empire may just have been doing it for the healthcare that also included vision. I'm reading too much into this, but when you do think about a little, it's impossible to have either a Republic or Empire government sprawling the galaxy. It can't ever truly be egalitarian. The bureaucracy alone stifles any progress. It's the same as Jedi v Sith for the last million years. 

It's also dumb to just junk any Empire technology because it's Empire. I mean, technically, isn't it actually pre-Empire Republic technology? The original frigates were from the Clone Wars. 

It's similarly shortsighted to take talented people and give them clerical jobs. If I'm running this amnesty program, I'm looking for engineers, doctors, mechanics. Putting them to use. I suppose there needs to be some process to vet them and make sure they're not still Empire sympathizers. But you can work under supervision. 

I think that was probably twice as long as it needed to be to make the point they wanted. 

I'm all about the outer rim though. When they get away from the fundamental "Western" theme, they lose me. I don't know if this needed to be in this particular show. 

Next week - Coruscant DMV.  

Oh, I finally realized which 'Grand Admiral' you all were talking about. I'm going to totally lose it. 

On 3/17/2023 at 12:10 PM, Boadicea said:

It appears that they’re skyscrapers are a lot taller than our skyscrapers.

How does atmosphere work in Star Wars? People get winded only at 9000 feet elevation. 

19 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Have the fighter vehicles always emitted smoke? There were trails coming out of the back of each of the fighters.

I thought it was because they were in a denser atmosphere that is was water vapor. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

So did Din hang up his bounty hunters ways? How is he going to get credits? Also, does anyone know if Pedro Pascal does all the scenes in the suit? I'm wondering because the Mandalorian has a unique walk and after watching Pedro in The Last of Us I noticed he doesn't walk that way. Is it Pedro in waist up shots only and another actor in full suit walking shots? Just curious. Anyways, I agree with almost everyone about this episode. I loved the action scene in the beginning and thought it was almost movie quality but the middle bored me cause it was too long.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, foxfreakinmulder said:

Also, does anyone know if Pedro Pascal does all the scenes in the suit? I'm wondering because the Mandalorian has a unique walk and after watching Pedro in The Last of Us I noticed he doesn't walk that way. Is it Pedro in waist up shots only and another actor in full suit walking shots? Just curious.

He doesn’t. There are three actors who split the role. Brendan Wayne handles the gunslinger scenes and Lateef Crowder handles the fight scenes. This season they are credited as co-stars rather than stunt doubles. 

In the other moments how much Pedro is in the suit varies. The first season he wasn’t available for a good chunk of the filming because of WW84 and King Lear. The second season it was him a lot of the time. This season it’s probably not him the majority of the time because The Last of Us was filming at the same time. He may have filmed some in reshoots. 

No question that this was a change of pace and took us off the path we'd been on the first couple episodes. 

I'm going to have to side on the "I liked it" part, though. I haven't seen Andor, so I don't get the comparisons, but as a Star Wars nerd since 1978, the side quest/deep cut storylines usually draw me in for all the detail they create about the world. I won't say it was perfect and awesome, etc., as there were certain plot gaps and I'm note sure what was intended with every interaction...but as a whole, it painted (perhaps in paint by numbers) the mess that resulted from overthrowing a government without a replacement ready and the complexities facing TNR.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I also loved the hi-tech they used to foil the turnstile. 

I like to think that her method only started working under the New Republic. Empire turnstiles would have either crushed the foot or had blades attached to cut it off.🙂

• LOL 1
On 3/16/2023 at 2:10 PM, Shanna Marie said:

The Amnesty Program housing was similar to Syril Karn's Momster's apartment, and his cube wasn't quite the cubical hell of the Empire, but had a similar enough vibe

Seriously, were they reusing the same cubicle hell and apartments from Andor? I honestly thought it would be funny if Dr. Pershing opened a drawer and found something of Syril's in it.......

Count me as one who thought this side detour into why the New Republic is going to go the way of the old Republic was a waste of time. I loved Andor, but M-Andor-lorian is NOT the way.......make a new show called "Rise of the First Order" or something, but on this show, give me my Mandalorian(s) and Baby!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I loved Andor, but M-Andor-lorian is NOT the way.......make a new show called "Rise of the First Order" or something, but on this show, give me my Mandalorian(s) and Baby!

They were going to but then the main plot points from Rangers of the New Republic were incorporated into this season when they had to write Cara out. Hopefully the rest of it will be handled more smoothly. 

7 minutes ago, Dani said:

They were going to but then the main plot points from Rangers of the New Republic were incorporated into this season when they had to write Cara out. Hopefully the rest of it will be handled more smoothly. 

Ok I knew that show was shelved, but I did not know they were going to try to squish that show into this one! I wonder if they feel like they can do that because everyone loved the Mandalorian episodes of BOBF? It only worked there because those episodes featured the star of the more popular franchise and Boba just wasn't that interesting. This was a fail because it took away from the story and characters we came to see and wasted precious viewing minutes on two characters nobody cares about, in a show that is already very short. Boo........

• Like 6
58 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Ok I knew that show was shelved, but I did not know they were going to try to squish that show into this one! I wonder if they feel like they can do that because everyone loved the Mandalorian episodes of BOBF? It only worked there because those episodes featured the star of the more popular franchise and Boba just wasn't that interesting. This was a fail because it took away from the story and characters we came to see and wasted precious viewing minutes on two characters nobody cares about, in a show that is already very short. Boo........

They said this was the plan before BOBF aired so it wasn’t because of the reaction to those episodes. My guess is that they just needed certain plot points to happen to set up things we will see later. 

I wasn’t thrilled about how it was done but without it there would be a lot more questions about how and why that large of an Imperial force was attacking Bo-Katan. It helps establish that a significant amount of time has passed between season 2 and 3, explains how Gideon is rebuilding his power and why they are coming after our main characters now without needing a massive exposition dump in a later episode.

My guess is that we didn’t lose much Mandalorian plot because this was the longest episode we’ve ever gotten. The beginning and end with Din was only 10-15 minutes less than we get in the shorter episodes. It felt weird when watching it the first time but I’d rather they get it out of the way all at once. 

I'm not sure. 5 to 7 minutes here and there might pique my interest more because I'd be thinking how the Coruscant scenes maybe fit into bombing Bo-'s moping crib. Here, I kept looking at the time to see how long this plot was going to be and I missed some details. As is, it was jarring. 

Mando worked on the Boba Fett show because both of these shows capture the essential Western, outer rim theme. 

And again, I take the point - The New Republic is not being smart and is going to cause the rise of the First Order. I think we knew that though. Also, we know it happens. Ok, I get you want to inject some of that in, but Star Wars also can suffer from having to explain everything a little too much. 

I'm always about the Force primarily though. Snippy Bo griping about 'wave you fancy saber around to make people do what you want' is interesting to me because it's almost the same. You can't take off your helmet? Jedi can't get married? Really? Mando being on Boba Fett still advances that narrative, but, here, not so much. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

And again, I take the point - The New Republic is not being smart and is going to cause the rise of the First Order. I think we knew that though. Also, we know it happens. Ok, I get you want to inject some of that in, but Star Wars also can suffer from having to explain everything a little too much. 

They are definitely showing that in the larger story but I don’t think that’s why we got this specific storylines . I feel like what we saw in this episode is going to be directly relevant to what we will see in this seasons plot. They burned through what we thought was going to be the season arc so now I think what happened in this episode is directly setting up what is to come next for The Mandalorian. Which is why I think this episode will work better in retrospect. 

19 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Mando worked on the Boba Fett show because both of these shows capture the essential Western, outer rim theme. 

I agree. I feel like they could have done a much better job matching the tone of the show. 

I have no doubt there will be a payoff. I'm just remarking if I might have grown to become more invested in the characters over repeat viewings than one big plot drop. Pershing went down and got drawn in really easy. I'm finding it hard to muster sympathy. For being a huge chunk of the episode, we didn't spend much time with these people. 

The baby standing next to Mando prostrate after Bo yanked him out of the pool was more memorable. 

• Like 3

Always fun to try to read the Aurebesh signage in these shows! Most of it was shown as if seen from the back, but you could still make out the words. Here were a couple of shots that amused us:

As Pershing and Kane walk through Monument Park, "Random Text Here".

Benduday.thumb.jpg.926874cff2bbdbdf5893da5f37de4d33.jpg

The signage at the train station:

Taungsday.thumb.jpg.db37a5182464dca9cada9b0034ee9f7b.jpg

"Federal Station. Executive Building. Monument Park."

"The public transit system of Coruscant has a zero tolerance policy on its rules and regulations. Report all violations immediately."

Edited by tkc
  • Like 7
16 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Pershing went down and got drawn in really easy. I'm finding it hard to muster sympathy.

Pershing ended up quasi Team Grogu... so he was a redeemable villain... maybe his side story was just to show that Mando lost a likely ally...

• Like 1

It's just a shame that they didn't trust the viewers to follow multiple story threads, the way we juggle half a dozen or so in Andor. 

If we'd spent even two episodes going back and forth between Din and Bo's little adventure and Pershing and Kane's side quest, there could've been more buildup and thus more payoff.  Instead, we spent most of a Mandalorian episode not with the Mandalorians, and Pershing's side story was introduced and (maybe?) concluded already.  So while it "mattered" and I personally didn't have a problem with it, I can see how it was basically just an extended distraction for a lot of people.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Dani said:

I wasn’t thrilled about how it was done but without it there would be a lot more questions about how and why that large of an Imperial force was attacking Bo-Katan. It helps establish that a significant amount of time has passed between season 2 and 3, explains how Gideon is rebuilding his power and why they are coming after our main characters now without needing a massive exposition dump in a later episode.

Do you have some insider information to know for certain that it is Moff Gideon???? I don't know that we know for certain that it is him based on what has been shown......

And who's to say that this extended trip to Coruscant wasn't a massive exposition dump that was not necessary, but I guess we'll see how it all fits together. Hopefully it plays out in a meaningful way later in the season, but it still felt like a waste of time, and after all the bumbling in BOBF I have lost a smidge of faith in this team....

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Do you have some insider information to know for certain that it is Moff Gideon???? I don't know that we know for certain that it is him based on what has been shown......

No, it’s just the most logical conclusion. But it doesn’t really matter if it’s Moff Gideon or someone else. I’m guessing it will be someone big that we are already familiar with. 

17 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

And who's to say that this extended trip to Coruscant wasn't a massive exposition dump that was not necessary, but I guess we'll see how it all fits together. Hopefully it plays out in a meaningful way later in theseason, but it still felt like a waste of time, and after all the bumbling in BOBF I have lost a smidge of faith in this team....

That’s really each persons call to make. I don’t consider it to be one. Or it’s probably more accurate to say I would rather see an exposition dump happen as storytelling rather than the alternative. I may change my mind once the season is over but, personally, I am hesitant to label something a waste of my time when there is a lot more story to be told. I suspect this episode will make more sense in the end and am fine with not making my final judgement until the end. 

All of that isn’t to say that I particularly liked it while it was happening. For me, it’s the opposite of TBOBF. I enjoyed that Mandalorian episodes there but feel like the ultimately hurt the show. Here Inwas very meh on the episode but thing it will enhance the show. 

23 minutes ago, Dani said:

That’s really each persons call to make. I don’t consider it to be one. Or it’s probably more accurate to say I would rather see an exposition dump happen as storytelling rather than the alternative. I may change my mind once the season is over but, personally, I am hesitant to label something a waste of my time when there is a lot more story to be told. I suspect this episode will make more sense in the end and am fine with not making my final judgement until the end. 

All of that isn’t to say that I particularly liked it while it was happening. For me, it’s the opposite of TBOBF. I enjoyed that Mandalorian episodes there but feel like the ultimately hurt the show. Here Inwas very meh on the episode but thing it will enhance the show. 

I do honestly hope you are right.

I do agree that having Din in TBOBF did hurt that show, mostly because he overtook the whole show and was more interesting than the main character. Somewhat funny because Din made Boba look weak, but here Bo Katan has made Din look weak.....although he did redeem himself a little this episode with some snazzy flying!

• Like 1

Bo seems to checking out "the way" that Din and the others do their thing, so for now she's keeping it on.  She's been alone for a while, I don't think we know exactly how long, and maybe she's thinking that joining another group might not be so bad, even if they're whacked-out old-school fanatics.

• Like 3
On 3/21/2023 at 3:20 PM, Ilovepie said:

Somewhat funny because Din made Boba look weak, but here Bo Katan has made Din look weak.....although he did redeem himself a little this episode with some snazzy flying!

How do you figure? Fett killed Cade Bane, not sure "weak" is how I'd describe him.  And I'm not sure anybody but Luke makes Din look weak!

Edited by tv-talk
  • Like 1