Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E14: Family Tithes

• Start Topic

When a house party in Ruskin Gardens ends in murder, Morales and Killian turn to Quinlan for insight into her neighbors to help crack the case. Also, Haywood takes on an unexpected new role, and Suarez tries to help his brother with a challenging situation

Airdate: 03/05/2023

Brandy being jealous of a bunch of kids is a bad look. I assume she doesn't realize they are kids, but still. Grow up!

The Chief flexing his power with the developer... I don't know. This is bound to blow up in his face, right? The church is beautiful, but threatening police harassment doesn't seem like what we want.

"Haven't you ever wanted to kill a family member?" Ha. DItto for neighbors who play loud music.

• Like 2
45 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Brandy being jealous of a bunch of kids is a bad look. I assume she doesn't realize they are kids, but still. Grow up!

It was actually the girls’ coach who was hitting on Andre, but did Brandy know that?

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

The conversation she walked up on/listened to as she walked away was vaguely flirty, just as her conversation with the guy in the lobby was.   The writing for these two--like much of the writing on this show--leaves something to be desired.  They put them together with no buildup (in one episode Brandy seems offended Andre is putting the moves on her and the next they're in a full blown relationship), a few episodes later they start setting up an 'Andre is embarrassed by Brandy" angle which is promptly forgotten and now they're writing both of them as being petty and overly jealous.   It's almost as bad as the baseball bat fiasco.  There's some interesting elements to this show but as with a lot of shows this season the writing's not there.

• Like 6

Quite a boring episode for me. And too much Brandy.

Det. Tommy Killian continues to be obnoxious. He’s too good for Ruskin Gardens apparently. Ugh.

I wonder why Regina only worries about Georgia but not Tonya. She seems so young to be dating Terrence.

Hey Chief Suarez, what’s with all the interference??!

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
14 hours ago, possibilities said:

The Chief flexing his power with the developer... I don't know. This is bound to blow up in his face, right?

Apparently, they’ve been trying to get him for underhanded/illegal activities for quite a while, but he’s too slick, they can’t find the the evidence, and since no one seems to be complaining specifically about his dealings, they’ve focused attention to crimes they can prove. It’s a case of everyone knows, no one says anything.  Suarez is just putting him on notice that if he goes after the church, his practices will be subjected to a lot of scrutiny. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

The Diocese wants to sell, the developer has offered to buy.  Unless there's underhanded dealings there, the police haven't anything to do with it. I agree with possibilities, though.  Suarez threatening to harass the developer is a really bad tactic.  Everything he says now will be on the record or in the presence of an attorney.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jabRI said:

This was a confusing episode.  I swear I've wathed all of them, and I don't remember Regina saving that guy's life on a plane.  

yes, I thought that was odd.