Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Wear the Earth

• Start Topic

(edited)

Designers split into teams to make a cohesive mini collection out of flowers, leaves and moss. 

I found most of these outfits to be pretty lacking, but not entirely the designers fault. 

This reminds me, is that flower arranging show coming back, I liked that one!

Edited by TVbitch
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

I enjoyed this. The colours of the flowers were beautiful, and there were some gorgeous looks. I like team challenges also, as it exposes some designers' flaws. Deontre picking that team to join was a choice; and the way that team launched into making their looks without nailing down their group concept.

• Like 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Zima said:

Not crazy about unconventional materials challenges, so this one was meh for me. 

It allows production to get lots of TV pow with relatively little work (compared to true design and sewing work).

Having said that, I've suspected for a long time that production is tipping off the designers in advance so that they at least start to think about what they are going to produce. I think they discuss a plan or work alone off-camera in between sketching and sewing in the workshop. Maybe someday someone will reveal that a 1 1/2 day challenge was produced over five days.

Way too much meaningless blather from the hosts and judges. Tan France finds something nitpicky to say about every look. Nitpicky isn't informed judgment - it's not having anything better to say. I'd rather hear more from the interesting and talented designers.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
(edited)

Anybody think Bao looks like an Asian Christina Applegate? 

That's totally a compliment.  Just some of her expressions and the way she smiles. She really comes off the most accomplished. 

James again has a great concept.  I like him, but he seems to be mostly designing for his own closet. 

I was so afraid Amari's headpiece would just tumble off.  She seems to be kind of needy, and doesn't seem to have much range.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 5

Did anyone else notice James' model was Phil Sullivan from ANTM S.20? He walked out, and I thought, "hey, I know him!" 

My age is definitely showing watching some of these designers.  I understand a wild, overdone look for runway pizazz, but most of this stuff is not realistically wearable.  Although in an unconventional challenge, most never are, but even last episode, they kept telling them bigger, more out there. That's fun for a photo shoot, but doesn't seem realistic.

• Like 2

I tend to like unconventional materials challenges. The wedding team confused me, but I like the use of leaves. 
I agree with  pasdetrois: Nitpicky comments are not informed judgement.  

• Like 1
On 3/5/2023 at 6:26 AM, TVbitch said:

This reminds me, is that flower arranging show coming back, I liked that one!

That show is the first thing I thought of when I watched this. I enjoyed the whole series so much, and my favorite episode was when they designed garments with the living plant materials. I wish it would come back as well.

• Like 3

So I think the woman who went home is the one who dresses plus-size women? So I noticed that her dress had absolutely zero support for the models rather pendulous breasts. It really was not flattering at all. One would think she would know better.

• Like 4

It's true that team challenges can be quite revealing when it comes to a designer's ability to collaborate and communicate effectively. Deontre's choice of team indeed added an interesting dynamic to the challenge, and it's always intriguing to see how designers work together to create a cohesive collection.

The colors of the flowers were undoubtedly beautiful and added an extra layer of creativity to the designs. Team challenges like these bring out both the strengths and weaknesses of the designers, making the show even more engaging and enjoyable to watch.

Can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds!