Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E14: Collision Course

DanaK
  • Start Topic

The return of Rachel Witten (Lauren Patten), Eddie's former partner turned social worker, tests her loyalties and conflicts with Frank, when Rachel brings an accusation of excessive force against an officer. Also, Danny and Baez clash with a troubled foster child at the center of their latest investigation and Erin must make a tough decision about her campaign run for district attorney, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, March 3 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

(edited)

Who had Whitten on their dinner scorecard?

Always liked her character. Glad she made it back.

And Lyle Lovett next week? Feeling like it’s greatest hits at this point.

Edited by highway61
Saw the preview
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, highway61 said:

And Lyle Lovett next week? Feeling like it’s greatest hits at this point.

ALSO: Tom Selleck will be enjoying a big reunion with his former Magnum P.I. co-star Larry Manetti, who was revealed to be popping up as a Blue Bloods guest star in an upcoming episode.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, preeya said:

ALSO: Tom Selleck will be enjoying a big reunion with his former Magnum P.I. co-star Larry Manetti, who was revealed to be popping up as a Blue Bloods guest star in an upcoming episode.

Bleh-slick Rick was my least preferred character on Magnum. Always, day late, dollar short, whining, and lazy (and that’s sugar-coating it).

M&Ms donut? Nahhh, too sweet…😣

It’s so good to see Rachel Witten again. New job, new look and gets invited to the Reagan’s family dinner. You go, girl!

I respect Danny for being able to control his temper around that rude teen, Trina. I don’t think I can do the same.

Am so tired of this “will run/won’t run for DA office” trope for Erin. Give it up already!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

I can't stand this DA election plot!  Stop!  She doesn't really want to be DA, as she won't be trying cases. 

That Bobbi actress is named Alison Fraser (per IMDB).  I don't really recognize her even after looking at her credits.  That was a dumb subplot with Anthony.

The Trina plot was interesting.  At first I thought they were going to find that the old lady committed the murder and had put the body in the trunk and the kids accidentally drove it away.  I had tears in my eyes at the resolution where she was going to meet her birth parents.  Probably totally unrealistic, but I had tears. 

I liked the Witten story and the subplot with Eddie.  Those officers acted like absolute jerks in the precinct.  Frank said the officers acted according to protocol in arresting the autistic boy.  But it looks like he wants to work, with Witten's help, to change that.

I saw a news segment on CBS Sunday Morning last week about a project where they are trying to get gang members to learn new ways of relating and not jumping to the worst conclusion and shooting.  But the same is true for the cops.   They keep talking about retraining cops, but it's hard or impossible.  I was annoyed that they didn't draw that parallel during the news segment. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Daff said:

Bleh-slick Rick was my least preferred character on Magnum. Always, day late, dollar short, whining, and lazy (and that’s sugar-coating it).

Rick was great. He had the underworld connection with Icepick and some connections to law enforcement. Based on some of the stuff Thomas got him mixed up in, I think the occasional whining is allowed. I would never call Rick lazy, or a day late and a dollar short. It's been decades since I've seen him. Getting old beats the alternative, but it's going to be shock.  

Poor Anthony. I like the actor, wish he was offered more range.  So he arrested the political lady ages ago, and this is a problem how?  Neither of them are Erin's running mates, they are in the background. Who cares about their history? And if Erin can figure it out in 10 minutes so can anyone else.  Useless waste of script.  Erin has gotten so boring and one-note, enough already.

• Like 4
(edited)

Bobbi says that's the one thing she blew smoke about.  Nietzsche says "I am not upset that you lied to me, I am upset I can never trust your word again"

I think that Bobbi was more worried about her prior arrest would resurface. Erin shouldn't saddle herself to a rainmaker who will adjust what she tells Erin to suit a different agenda than getting Erin elected.

I have a different take on the return of Rachel.  Yes, it was good to see that she had taken her life in a better direction for herself (as opposed to waiting tables the last time she parted ways with the NYPD), but TBH, I got the impression that a large part of her return was an opportunity for the Reagans to be shown as right and once again Rachel was wrong. I feel for the character to repeatedly be chagrined by the great wisdom of Frank.

Have we seen Eddie dive into the "medical experts" from social media before? New level of buttinsky for her.Although I was pleasantly surprised when she held back from getting in it with the Rachel incident. I have always hoped to see some evidence self-control in Eddie, now that I've seen she can have it, I will want that self control even more.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:59 PM, highway61 said:

Who had Whitten on their dinner scorecard?

I didn't hear a single Reagan ask if Joe was coming to dinner. That was my first guess for the empty chair. Maybe I missed someone thinking that.

Edited by zapper
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, zapper said:

I didn't hear a single Reagan ask if Joe was coming to dinner. That was my first guess for the empty chair. Maybe I missed someone thinking that.

One of them did ask.  I knew it wasn’t Joe as there would no reason for  Frank to be secretive about that. 
There was no reason for Baker to tell Frank about the complaint or who it came from. With 35,000 police officers, I would  imagine that excessive force complaints aren’t something that the PC’s office gets notified about immediately. 

Frank seems over involved with Whitten’s life. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, zapper said:

I have a different take on the return of Rachel.  Yes, it was good to see that she had taken her life in a better direction for herself (as opposed to waiting tables the last time she parted ways with the NYPD), but TBH, I got the impression that a large part of her return was an opportunity for the Reagans to be shown as right and once again Rachel was wrong. I feel for the character to repeatedly be chagrined by the great wisdom of Frank.

This is what my take on the return of Rachel was as well. I was disappointed, but not surprised that it turned out this way. I wish the Reagans could be wrong more. They barely, if ever, are shown to be wrong in these stories. 

I hate the Erin DA storyline, because it feels like it has been going one forever. We know she will not lose. I wish she would. The longer this story goes on, the more I want to vote for her boss. They will have to figure out some convoluted way to keep Anthony around.

• Like 3

I enjoyed the episode overall though the election story didn’t do much for me. 

It was really nice to see Rachel again

I thought Danny’s story with teen Trina was pretty good and the young actress herself was quite good and really popped on screen and kept my attention

With Jamie’s new job, is he still the Sergeant in charge at the precinct, or still a sergeant in general? I was surprised the patrolman told him off: isn’t Jamie a higher rank than him?