Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Ashes, Ashes

• Start Topic

Interesting episode, but at the same time, I'm irritated they are dragging the case out like this.

Did anyone catch the names of the CSIs on the laptop screen at the end? I saw Catherine, Serena, Penny, Allie, and Josh's names. Were Beau and Chris Park's (does he he even still work there?) names on there?

• Like 1
(edited)

If I followed this ending,up to when  they got "their guy" (the one who gave himself away by knowing that "Max" was "Maxine". Later, during the interrogation he said he didn't know anything about the silver ink squiggles on the walls etc.

(then, thanks to an ill timed phone called, I missed some of what happened next.)

Was that what led the agents back  to that house, where they saw the name cards on the printer?

Was that in effect the end of the episode?

Edited by MDL
spelling
47 minutes ago, MDL said:

If I followed this ending,up to when  they got "their guy" (the one who gave himself away by knowing that "Max" was "Maxine". Later, during the interrogation he said he didn't know anything about the silver ink squiggles on the walls etc.

(then, thanks to an ill timed phone called, I missed some of what happened next.)

Was that what led the agents back  to that house, where they saw the name cards on the printer?

Was that in effect the end of the episode?

They figured out during interrogation, that the guy they’re holding isn’t the last one, and Max’s son said he was not the delivery imposter who got in the lab. The guy they’re holding called the one still out there his MVP in the game. Said he was going to do away with him in order to win. So, to get more evidence as to who the MVP is, the team went back and that’s when Josh found all their names. That was the end, and season finale next episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the MVP that is refered to by "hangman suspect" is Natalie aka miniture killer from CSI. Due to fact that when asked about silver scrible letters. Same music of a kids piano starts playing. As it did during miniture killings episodes dealing with Natalie. 

36 minutes ago, Msample said:

I don’t think next week is the season finale; there was an article the other day about Greg Sanders’ character returning in an episode airing March 30th. 

https://tvline.com/lists/superman-and-lois-season-3-spoilers-fortress-sex/csi-vegas-greg-sanders-eric-szmanda/

I’ll believe you for now and add in my defense that the announcer actually said, “the silver ink conclusion” will be the next episode. IMDb has ended episode entries at 16, but more might be added. I just hope this story line ends and doesn’t get dragged to the other side of March Madness. Speaking of dragged, any guesses on who was being dragged across the floor in the preview? Catherine, or a different blonde victim? 

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Daff said:

That was the end, and season finale next episode.

Not yet season finale, just that the storyline of Silver Ink murders will wrap up next week.

I imagine this is the type of "all hands on deck" case, so it's kind of jarring that Chris is not there, just because Penny is. I remember fondly on the original CSI where cases like this you would have EVERYONE from the field CSIs to the lab rats all seen on the episode. I guess they're still being cost-conscious.

16 minutes ago, Daff said:

any guesses on who was being dragged across the floor in the preview?

I think that was one of the victims earlier who got lucky, the one who was a recluse and had a lot of aquariums in her home. Max visited with her. She became so paranoid that she saw her killer coming in from a mile away and actually end up killing him and defending herself. Too bad she didn't escape this MVP though (or at least looks like it)

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I think the MVP that is refered to by "hangman suspect" is Natalie aka miniture killer from CSI. Due to fact that when asked about silver scrible letters. Same music of a kids piano starts playing. As it did during miniture killings episodes dealing with Natalie. 

Edited by shawn
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, shawn said:

I think the MVP that is refered to by "hangman suspect" is Natalie aka miniture killer from CSI. Due to fact that when asked about silver scrible letters. Same music of a kids piano starts playing. As it did during miniture killings episodes dealing with Natalie. 

I thought Natalie died already? I may be remembering wrong.

8 minutes ago, slowpoked said:

I thought Natalie died already? I may be remembering wrong.

Hmmmm. Just watched end of season 9 episode 7 of original CSI. which shows grissom talking to natalie. Then him pulling up a tile from her cell. With a hanged miniture female doll. But doesnt show her being dead. But you may be right. It was just music they played in Ashes, Ashes episode that made me think of Natalie. Due to fact they used that same music in miniture killer episodes of CSI. Guess we will see if it might be her or not. 

(edited)
58 minutes ago, shawn said:

Hmmmm. Just watched end of season 9 episode 7 of original CSI. which shows grissom talking to natalie. Then him pulling up a tile from her cell. With a hanged miniture female doll. But doesnt show her being dead. But you may be right. It was just music they played in Ashes, Ashes episode that made me think of Natalie. Due to fact they used that same music in miniture killer episodes of CSI. Guess we will see if it might be her or not. 

If your theory is correct, that sort of smacks of a scheme to promote more streaming money, as not every fan has access to the original episodes, or that long a memory. 

1 hour ago, slowpoked said:

I think that was one of the victims earlier who got lucky,

This woman was light-haired and slender, seemed to be in pajamas. The aquarium girl was heavier. I thought of Catherine, but she certainly is capable of putting up more of a fight. And I can’t think she’d wear the night attire I thought I saw.

Edited by Daff

I should not watch this right before going to bed. So disturbing. 

Does CSI share any writers with NCIS? Someone has something against people with different colored eyes.

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

Does CSI share any writers with NCIS? Someone has something against people with different colored eyes.

I was thinking the same - someone I work with has heterochromia and I need to ask her if she has seen any of these. I feel like she will find it funny, but I don't know why TV Land seems to suddenly be fascinated by it.

• Like 2
On 3/3/2023 at 9:35 PM, Grizzly said:

This one was such a good episode, bad guy at the end was quite captivating and resembled a young RDJ (in intensity too).

No way NCIS writers need another gig. CSI had an okay reason for using heterochromia here: phenotype visible during interrogation, with easy genes to find and back it up.

NCIS is lightweight popcorn cheese, CSI episodes, when done well, can leave you gripped and thinking. Next episode of both these shows have similarities from the promos and synopsis too: bio-toxin poisoning, team members in danger, yellow hazmat suits. Have your spot-the-difference cards ready.

I'd love to see creepy Gene the stalker again. Glad it's 2 days away.

7 minutes ago, Poohpoohpooh said:

This one was such a good episode, bad guy at the end was quite captivating and resembled a young RDJ (in intensity too).

Have you seen him in Fantasy Island a couple of weeks ago? He was in the #Happy episode.

30 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

Have you seen him in Fantasy Island a couple of weeks ago? He was in the #Happy episode.

Used to watch that, might check it out again!

Back to CSI, Josh and Penny are rarely in scenes together and they have an odd, interesting relationship here. To oversimplify, I might say it's an "older brother who isn't close to and dunno what to do with much younger sister" Penny.

• Like 1