Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Silent Invasion

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

The return of "Jules" as team politics mirrors Janey taking over as the SAC. I guess as a part time child actress they really are limiting time on set.

I like the episode but the major nit pick. A sailor is doing 20 to life for killing the Admiral's daughter and ether JAG handed the case over to Hawaii or for some reason he is not at Fort Leavenworth doing his hard time . And at the end in an unrealistic way to put Janey in peril with an entire company of HPD and NCIS agents clearing a housing tract she has to go in alone with only Boone to watch one side of the house for a break out escape attempt. And then the two check out the primary suspected location with that entire REACT team just checking out others on a grid I guess.

• Like 3

To add to the above with a minor nit pik, you're Jane Tennant former CIA agent now special agent at home with your kids.  Some random knocks at your UNLOCKED door and you casually say come in?? I mean even dude was like well you said come in when she looked shocked. Now I grant this show abundant leeway when it comes to anything realistic with respect to police procedures and especially the ridiculous fight scenes because I enjoy it, but this made my head hurt.

Edited by OLynn33
  • Like 6

I can't even remember the last time we saw Julie.  Actress looks like she's aged two years, looks like a teen now instead of a little kid.  What has Dad been feeding her?

While it was nice to see her, I didn't really need all the drama about her soccer team.  I'm curious now about club soccer in Hawaii.  How big is the club system in Hawaii, do they travel to other islands to play other teams, etc.  Also, at least in larger areas, it's not a question of making the team.  Everyone makes it, because club soccer in the U.S. is all 'bout the money, it's a business and they are more than happy to take your thousands of dollars.  It's a matter of which team you make (A, B, C, etc).

Not really sure what was up with her son and his refusal to take the bento box for lunch.  I have a teenaged son too and there's absolutely no way any teen boy would refuse food (unless it's been established that Jane is a terrible cook, which she's not).

I wasn't fully paying attention and I didn't understand the connection between all the cases.  Same guy was targeting rich Navy guys to steal their jewelry and watches?  And he left a tin of tobacco in the house from seven years ago and that's how they got him?  Um ok.

How did they track him down to that particular house with the fluffy cat?  Out of all the houses in the neighborhood, he just happens to be in the one that Jane entered by herself?  What was his motive for targeting Navy officers as opposed to any other random houses to burglarise?

I am puzzled at the inclusion of this Jim Carter character.  What's the point?  I hated his attitude, hated his pomposity, hated the way he talked to Jane and Jesse.  I hope we don't have to see him again, but it seems like they could be making him into some kind of antagonist for Jane.

I hope the guy that was in prison for 7 years sues the Navy and Carter and that Carter ends up in prison for obstruction for erasing the video and whatever else he did to obtain the confession.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I can't even remember the last time we saw Julie.  Actress looks like she's aged two years, looks like a teen now instead of a little kid.  What has Dad been feeding her?

While it was nice to see her, I didn't really need all the drama about her soccer team.  I'm curious now about club soccer in Hawaii.  How big is the club system in Hawaii, do they travel to other islands to play other teams, etc.  Also, at least in larger areas, it's not a question of making the team.  Everyone makes it, because club soccer in the U.S. is all 'bout the money, it's a business and they are more than happy to take your thousands of dollars.  It's a matter of which team you make (A, B, C, etc).

Not really sure what was up with her son and his refusal to take the bento box for lunch.  I have a teenaged son too and there's absolutely no way any teen boy would refuse food (unless it's been established that Jane is a terrible cook, which she's not).

I wasn't fully paying attention and I didn't understand the connection between all the cases.  Same guy was targeting rich Navy guys to steal their jewelry and watches?  And he left a tin of tobacco in the house from seven years ago and that's how they got him?  Um ok.

How did they track him down to that particular house with the fluffy cat?  Out of all the houses in the neighborhood, he just happens to be in the one that Jane entered by herself?  What was his motive for targeting Navy officers as opposed to any other random houses to burglarise?

I am puzzled at the inclusion of this Jim Carter character.  What's the point?  I hated his attitude, hated his pomposity, hated the way he talked to Jane and Jesse.  I hope we don't have to see him again, but it seems like they could be making him into some kind of antagonist for Jane.

I hope the guy that was in prison for 7 years sues the Navy and Carter and that Carter ends up in prison for obstruction for erasing the video and whatever else he did to obtain the confession.

They pinged his phone and was searching the entire neighborhood when SAC Tennant heard him while evacuating the child and her giant cat.

Besides filling time Carter served to give Jules story a narrative link to mom's 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I agreed with Kai. It’s kinda far fetched for Jesse to quickly deduce that their current case is somehow connected to an old case based on alarm systems, similar wounds & murder weapons etc.

This is just a trope of detective shows that they have good instincts and can tell when something is fishy without clear evidence.

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

What was his motive for targeting Navy officers as opposed to any other random houses to burglarise?

Probably opportunity.  Maybe his sister the underwriter, or her insurance company, specialized in naval officers.  Or maybe he searched her database for homes near him and they were disproportionately likely to be in the Navy because he's looking at places near where he was stationed over the years..

12 hours ago, blackwing said:

The NCIS family of shows seems to like bringing in antagonistic figures from NCIS/FBI/CIA/etc and making them a bit sinister early on and an eventual ally who ultimately is shown to have good intentions even if their methods might be questionable.  This character seems perfect for the team needing to clean up another of his messes or him being forced to humble himself and ask for their help.

But if they wanted a recurring antagonist for Tennant, shouldn't it be a character you hate? 

1 minute ago, susannot said:

I hated the way it ended with Carter.  He just shrugged off the 7 years an innocent man spent in prison and then just walked away scot-free?

Agree wholeheartedly.  That Carter-reaction legit made me angry.  Heartless, cold, arrogant SOB who’s forgotten concern for “right” and humanity.   

• Like 5
On 2/14/2023 at 6:42 AM, Raja said:

And at the end in an unrealistic way to put Janey in peril with an entire company of HPD and NCIS agents clearing a housing tract she has to go in alone with only Boone to watch one side of the house for a break out escape attempt. And then the two check out the primary suspected location with that entire REACT team just checking out others on a grid I guess.

That was absurd. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they weren't 100% sure so they didn't want to pull all the REACT dudes just in case the bad guy was in another attic but they could have asked a couple of them to come in. They also could have just waited. But it seems Team Non-Lethal has retired and it was easier to get into a gunfight instead.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:12 AM, RobertDeSneero said:

Probably opportunity.  Maybe his sister the underwriter, or her insurance company, specialized in naval officers.  Or maybe he searched her database for homes near him and they were disproportionately likely to be in the Navy because he's looking at places near where he was stationed over the years..

I was surprised they didn't jump to the same conclusion I did and suggest that the sister might have been in on it.

• Like 1

I was sure they had sent Julie the way of Chuck Cunningham. Isn't this the first time she has been on all season? I don't think she has even been mentioned at all. They certainly did age her up.

I knew I should know the actor playing Agent Carter - it was Jake Weber, who played Joe in Medium and is definitely a "hey its that guy" actor.