Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: Lost Ones

kurtz
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez's investigation into the death of a chess hustler is complicated by interference from the victim's son; Jamie tries to make amends with a man he regrets putting away as a young officer.

Edited by kurtz
Forgot Episode tag

Erin and her boss work together, surprising as that is, to aid a possibly wrongly convicted relative of a prominent pastor. 
I thought Jamie’s plot was interesting. We don’t always see how difficult former prisoners find adjusting to the outside.

Good to see Danny making progress with having a personal life.

• Like 4

This isn't a Blue Bloods-specific issue, but boy, why do shows who do callbacks to points in history that WE SAW AT THE TIME never actually use characters from that period? Why couldn't they just use someone that Jamie actually DID arrest back in Season 1? 

The Danny thing is a similar point ("Oh, hey, this is Laura, she was really important to me when Linda died. Oh, we've never seen her ever, but, well, trust me, she was really important"), but that's much more understandable. 

• Like 6
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Instead of Baez they invent a close detective friend we've never seen before for Danny to date? 

Marisa Ramirez is 45 now, so she can only play grandmothers. Jessica Pimentel is 40, so only a bit too old in Hollywood for the 53-year-old Donnie Wahlberg. 

• LOL 1
4 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

I hate, hate, hate, hate that there is a character who has superpowers on the show, but yes, I can't deny that A. Callie Thorne is excellent and B. She and Danny have great chemistry.  

Wasn't there a medical examiner he used to flirt with? Or some victim's widows? 

But yeah, just to add someone out of nowhere (who may or may not be a disability cheat). Not loving it.

But at least not Baez - poor woman has way too much Danny in her life as it is.

Edited by highway61
  • Like 1

Cases involving Danny and Jamie are half-baked. Since being promoted, Jamie’s storylines are boring.

Not interested in Laura Acosta. She and Danny have “friend energy”. Danny has great chemistry with Maggie. Am okay with Baez too. Danny will be a great daddy to Elena.

3 hours ago, jabRI said:

I missed the explanation, why was the son and chess father estranged? and who killed him?

The son and his GF were living together before marriage. The father didn’t agree to this.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
Forgot the word “together”! 😱
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The son and his GF were living before marriage. The father didn’t agree to this.

Thanks, I figured it would be no big deal in the bigger scheme of things!

On 1/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, highway61 said:

Wasn't there a medical examiner he used to flirt with?

That's the other weird thing about this, in that there IS a medical examiner he flirted with, Megan, so much so that the show even alluded to her by having one of his family members guess his date was a medical examiner!

However, I think Danny has been a bit down on her ever since she falsified evidence after being threatened a few seasons ago (the actor is also turning 43 in April. Too old for a 53 year old man in TV world).

Also, the show has been using another medical examiner more recently (played by the great Annabella Sciorra).

I liked the episode though it would have been nice to have the disabled detective be someone we’ve seen before or at least have us see Danny talk to Sid about her in this episode

Nice to see Erin and her boss put aside their differences to work together and see through the pastor’s conniving, plus his possible crooked actions

I don’t know if they’ll keep Laura around but I hope they don’t pair him with Baez.  It would be a cliche, but I am glad Danny is dating again.  Erin’s boss generally gets on my nerve but it was nice seeing them work together.  On the plus side very little Eddie.