Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E12: Blood Out

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

You mean Mike Duarte?  What a waste of a good character who could have stayed on the show.

I guess I didn't hear the name correctly. I was also using the name that was used upthread. What I meant was as soon as Liv used his given name, I knew he was gonna die.

• Like 3
On 1/29/2023 at 12:55 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I can’t remember if they said what grade Noah was in, I just know that in episode 9 of this season they said Noah was 12 now. 
Benson had a few relationships offscreen, I remember the episode Lowdown in season 5 where she revealed she briefly dated the victim, who turned out to be gay. 
It is absurd how many characters have thrown away their careers for Olivia and how everyone worships at her feet, it’s just become laughable. Stone’s case was the worst, total character assassination and yes it was strongly implied he had feelings for Benson but they never dated. Barba became a Benson puppet as well, and it’s also been strongly implied he has feelings for Benson, but again they never actually dated. As for Chief Dodds, I don’t know if he had feelings for Benson, their relationship was interesting, they definitely had good chemistry together and Dodds was one of the few characters who could challenge Benson and not be vilified for it. I miss Dodds, I wish he would return and take McGrath’s place, can’t stand one note douche McGrath.     
The only romantic relationship of Benson’s I liked was Tucker, they had very good chemistry together, and it was interesting how their relationship evolved. Even if they weren’t meant to be together in the end, I hated how they killed Tucker off, he deserved a lot better than that, if they wanted to bring him back for closure, just have him move out of state to enjoy his retirement, killing him off was terrible.

I didn’t really care for Tucker but I did like Stone and the way he bonded with Noah. Olivia seemed so happy to see them playing baseball together and enjoying herself, and I hate the way they wrote Stone out with his weird “Can’t do my job because I have feelings for you, so bye,” speech. Did the actor decide not to come back last minute or something or quit? It made no sense.

Chief Dodds was an intriguing character. I always wish Peter Gallagher could have been a main cast member but I assume he was too busy to do a regular stint on SVU. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Like 3
16 minutes ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Chief Dodds was an intriguing. I always wish Peter Gallagher could have been a main cast member but I assume he was too busy to do a regular stint on SVU. 

I know this is very difficult to remember or to try and look up, but didn't Chief almost accuse her of being responsible for his son's death? And then later on he takes a transfer to not a well liked place, just so he could call in a favor to get Benson promoted? I just wonder why he had a major change of disposition from almost vengeance to absolution.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, dttruman said:

I know this is very difficult to remember or to try and look up, but didn't Chief almost accuse her of being responsible for his son's death? And then later on he takes a transfer to not a well liked place, just so he could call in a favor to get Benson promoted? I just wonder why he had a major change of disposition from almost vengeance to absolution.

That seems to be my recollection as well.  Also, re Tucker as referenced above, I too was not so fond of him and Olivia being together, especially since I recall that Tucker wanted to investigate her or get her in trouble with IAB before the romantic scenario occurred.  I still think the way the show killed Tucker off was wrong.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

That seems to be my recollection as well.  Also, re Tucker as referenced above, I too was not so fond of him and Olivia being together, especially since I recall that Tucker wanted to investigate her or get her in trouble with IAB before the romantic scenario occurred.  I still think the way the show killed Tucker off was wrong.

Ditto!

• Like 1

Ok... those two had chemistry from day one and still have chemistry 24 years later.
I do not mind if they end up together or not, as long as the writing is good enough to support it.
This endless "will they or will they not" for more than 20 effing years is utterly frustrating.  
I could not believe the "I am not ready" BS from Olivia. What this writers think? that viewers like this?
That this suspense is good? Well it is not good and it is ruining the shows.
GET DONE WITH IT ALREADY, one way or another.
Pair them as a couple or let them be best friends, but stop with the eternal UST.. 
Even Mulder and Scully did it sooner. Geez!

Edited by Zaffy
  • Like 4

I just spent this whole episode wondering how it was at all appropriate for a detective to be leading the investigation into her own attack, but then I was of course reminded that this is the Olivia Show, so who else it possibly be? 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, by the time E/O happens, Liv and Elliot can romantically share a communal bedpan at the nursing home.

HAHA you made me laugh!! But yeah it’s ridiculous how the writers are dragging the Benson/Stabler ship to the very end and constantly baiting the shipper fans about it, who knows how long the shows will be on for but it’s ridiculous how they are just prolonging the inevitable. 

• Like 3

I can't believe they killed Duarte. And he had much more chemistry with Liv than Stabler. Oh well, the minute he jokingly made a pass on her, I knew he was toast.

I like moneybags cop.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:51 AM, MarylandGirl said:
On 1/30/2023 at 11:52 PM, CrystalBlue said:

You mean Mike Duarte?  What a waste of a good character who could have stayed on the show.

I wish he'd stayed longer, too. He was actually interesting! And had chemistry with Olivia.

Right? I kind of dumbfounded that they wasted such a good character. Damn, I am pissed.

• Like 3