Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: Limited Edition Boom Boom Dojo JollyBot, $45.99

DanaK
  • Start Topic

WEDNESDAY, JAN. 11, 9:31-10:00 p.m. 

Marina's confession about her sensual Santiago dreams opens the door to new levels of transparency between her and Tom. Meanwhile, Connor takes things to the next level romantically, and Denise gets a special gift for Kelvin.

2 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

The “losing your place in line” storyline is SO tired…we all knew what was going to happen when she asked him to hold her place.

True but the way she went about reclaiming her spot was epic.

I like Conner with this woman (I forgot her name). After seeing her roll with the weird "food truck" date, I think she could roll with the family insanity.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

Eddie Cibrian's latte still brings all the girls and boys to the yard....

Topher Grace Eddie Cibrian kiss - Home Economics 312 - opt3.gif

Topher's body language before the kiss happened was so funny.  He said something like "Okay, but those thoughts seem to be unrelated" and "But it IS real, it has lifeboats..." about the Lego Titanic.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On a positive note, I enjoyed Denise's story. Everything else was garbage. The wacky lying, keeping information from others trope is so used and really boring. The contractor and new girl friend story is also boring. This is a good cast. Maybe for season 4 they can get new writers with some new energy.

It doesn't seem likely that we will get a Season Four.  The show hasn't gotten any ratings buzz, even with the stunt-casting of Casey Wilson and Eddie Cibrian.  The cast is large, with six leads - plus a half-dozen others when you add in the kids and Lupe.  That makes it more expensive than many sitcoms.

Early on, ABC gave it a primo time slot, after their #1 sitcom The Conners.  Then it was placed after the critically acclaimed Abbott Elementary.  And that has just proved that the days of "timeslot hits" is long gone in network TV.  Since the show is serialized, that probably reduces the syndication hopes, and they would need to get to five seasons to even enter that market.

They had three good, mostly-entertaining, and well-made seasons.  I hope that I am wrong, and ABC picks it up when the replacement shows fizzle and they need a quality program to fill a schedule hole for 2023-24.   

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

The show that they're replacing it with (that Gina Rodriguez show) just does not look like a good fit with the rest of the shows on Wednesday nights. Even though Abbott Elementary isn't a "family" sitcom, it's sort of about a "workplace family" and it's a show that adults can watch with their kids. The Gina R show looks like a show squarely aimed at adults.  But maybe if this is the last season for The Goldbergs, they're gonna be reworking the idea of Wednesday nights being all "family" sitcoms anyway.

• Sad 1