Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: All the Wiser

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The ER quickly fills up after a heavy storm causes a devastating helicopter crash. Conrad, Devon and the rest of the Chastain doctors rush to treat patients including the helicopter pilot, a barista, and Chastian's least favorite person, Governor Mark Betz.

Airdate: 01/10/2023

Snooze. I could even predict Kit’s response to Bell when he said he can’t believe they were going to try to save the governor’s life and she said “well that’s what we do.” Called it a mile away. 

I wish there had been a little less of a time jump in S5 so we could see more of this supposed great bond Billie has with Gigi because I don’t see it. Gigi mostly talked to Conrad at the end and barely said a word to Billie. I never liked Billie and don’t think she deserves Conrad or that she loves Gigi that much. 

I’ll be surprised if this gets an S7. 

• Fire 1

I was hoping that when the governor said "Get me out of here!" a doctor would tell him, "The only hospital that has space for you is Cook County General in Chicago. You have a phone so you can call a cab?"

• LOL 10
1 hour ago, Driad said:

I was hoping that when the governor said "Get me out of here!" a doctor would tell him, "The only hospital that has space for you is Cook County General in Chicago. You have a phone so you can call a cab?"

“And when you get there, look up and watch out for falling helicopters!”

• LOL 8

When Betz was yelling “Take me to Atlanta General!” all I could think was “HA HA HA HA HA Ain’t karma a bitch?”

Why was it immediately assumed that if Thea died Betz would get her heart? Or the motorcycle victim, for that matter? There was no mention of anyone being a match. That seems to have been completely forgotten by the writers even though “person waiting a long, long time for an organ because nobody’s a match” is such a common trope on these shows.

I wonder if Padma was already a knitter, because those hats were a bit beyond the capability of a complete beginner.

ETA: Why do I have a bad feeling that someone overheard the conversation Kit and Bell had at the end about the deal with Betts and this will come back to bite them?

Edited by CarpeFelis
  • Like 3

When I saw those knitted caps, I thought "How long has Padma been at the clinic?" For the rest of the hospital, it was the next day, for Padma a jump of months.

This really had the feel of wrapping things up in case there is no season 7 Conrad and Billie are together, Cade and James are together (he's really happy about that), Devon and Padma are good,  Cade's father is leaving.

I really like that Billie and Cade are supportive of each other rather than bitchy.

"I became a doctor to help sick peopled, not rich peopled who can't understand they're not immortal."  I really don't get Devon here -- if he learns something from Marko's trial that can help sick peopled, like Bell, then it's worth it. Any additional medical knowledge is good.

It was a nice moment when the pilot woke up and Billie told Cade to go in because she was so overwhelmed. That picture of her in Afghanistan was so badly photoshopped.

Of course Betz thinks that he should jump to the head of the transplant line because he is the governor. There are too many politicians like him.

I like AJ willing to break HIPAA if Betz goes back on his word.

I hope Sammie is okay Are we supposed to worry that it's her heart Betz is going to get?

On 1/11/2023 at 9:28 PM, CarpeFelis said:

Why was it immediately assumed that if Thea died Betz would get her heart? Or the motorcycle victim, for that matter? There was no mention of anyone being a match.

I thought it was more along the lines of "if Thea dies and causes Betz to live it will be really unfair".

On 1/12/2023 at 9:57 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Why are they making James as some kind of casanova, falls too hard too fast??!

Casanova didn't fall, he used women including underaged girls. James struck me more as being too needy.

• Like 3

You think when the governor was like "oh you're gonna kill me" someone would've spat out a line like "We treat everyone the same, doesn't matter if they are a millionaire or a murderer" instead of being openly hostile towards him at points.

Also, what do we think the kid's issue is - appendicitis seems too simple, same with kidney stones. Maybe aortic dissection? 

• Like 1
On 1/18/2023 at 12:54 AM, bros402 said:

You think when the governor was like "oh you're gonna kill me" someone would've spat out a line like "We treat everyone the same, doesn't matter if they are a millionaire or a murderer" instead of being openly hostile towards him at points.

Also, what do we think the kid's issue is - appendicitis seems too simple, same with kidney stones. Maybe aortic dissection? 

Honestly the governor assuming they were going to kill him because he criticized him, says a lot about what kind of person he is.

And I was also surprised at some of their responses.

• Like 1