Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Fashion Victim

• Start Topic

I'm not really sure what the plan is by pretending Pierre died.  

Pierre sold his brand and his name.  He can't just "start over."  There are usually pretty strict rules about it.  For instance, there was a wedding dress designer in a similar situation and she lost access to her name and social media accounts and the ability to design bridal wear for at least a few years after she left the company.  

So Pierre would end up starting over without a brand identity.  And I would bet there'd be a no compete clause for a few years as well.  

• Useful 2
17 hours ago, Door County Cherry said:

Pierre sold his brand and his name.  He can't just "start over."  There are usually pretty strict rules about it.  For instance, there was a wedding dress designer in a similar situation and she lost access to her name and social media accounts and the ability to design bridal wear for at least a few years after she left the company.  

So Pierre would end up starting over without a brand identity.  And I would bet there'd be a no compete clause for a few years as well.  

Well it's the same for Sylvie's new company. Just because Savoir stopped operations, that doesn't mean Sylvie is allowed to work with the old clients. The non-compete contract is still in effect. But the show conveniently ignores this.

I guess maybe I could buy that Savoir simply chooses not to pursue their rights in the matter, maybe.

• Useful 1

Ohh Sylvie, you should be more strategic in helping your friend. Do you really want to irritate the most powerful family in fashion? Pierre sold his business and brand to JVMA. He needs to deal with the consequences of his decision. Enuf said. Stop babying him.

Drunk Gabriel is selfish Gabriel. 😣

"She never forgave me for what happened between us. She knew I fell in love with you the minute I saw you. Standing at my door. How could I not? I love you both. And I'm going to end up with nothing."

- Gabriel

Emily celebrates some statement shoulders in this episode.

900B825E-B295-48E7-A4D0-3D6128840165.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 2
On 12/22/2022 at 7:23 PM, Harvey said:

Well it's the same for Sylvie's new company. Just because Savoir stopped operations, that doesn't mean Sylvie is allowed to work with the old clients. The non-compete contract is still in effect. But the show conveniently ignores this.

I guess maybe I could buy that Savoir simply chooses not to pursue their rights in the matter, maybe.

Yeah and considering that Savior had such investment in the US, they honestly could freeze ties without blinking. That was the thing, I could understand clients pulling out after what happened in season 2 and signing up with Sylvie. But they acted like Savoir was: "yeah, have your clients, contracts, ect." When Europe is much more stricter on those kind of things not happening. I get it's a TV series and they have to use characters for their plots, but despite how people want to believe, that's not how that happens.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2022 at 2:22 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Yep just ask Prince or the Artist Formerly Known as Prince Symbol. 

• Like 2
On 12/24/2022 at 2:06 PM, shelley1234 said:
On 12/22/2022 at 2:22 AM, Door County Cherry said:

Yep just ask Prince or the Artist Formerly Known as Prince Symbol. 

There's no way Pierre wouldn't know the score. He's having signer's remorse, and it's too late.

One of the subtitles was "Olay" for "Okay," hee.

• Like 1
On 12/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Drunk Gabriel is selfish Gabriel. 😣

"She never forgave me for what happened between us. She knew I fell in love with you the minute I saw you. Standing at my door. How could I not? I love you both. And I'm going to end up with nothing."

- Gabriel

Expand  

If only the world was fair 🙄

• LOL 2