Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: The Intention Craft

• Start Topic

Well the Subtle Knife is whole again but it is now personalized for Will, have the welds (scars?) from when Will broke it and when he fused it back together, by seeing Lyra in his mind's eye -- Lyra with her hair down, not pulled back, because Will is a teen male now.

Asriel's council doesn't quite approve of Marisa and she doesn't approve of Asriel's Republic either.

Everyone tries to talk Lyra out of going to the Land of the Dead.  So of course she's going and dragging Will along.

Marisa steels the Intention Craft to get back to the Magisterium, thinking she can control McPhail, even if she literally has to kiss his ring.

Edited by aghst

The way HBO is taking shows off the service, to avoid paying residuals, like they removed all the Westworld episodes, you might want to make sure to watch them as they air because in months or weeks after the finale airs, they may pull it off the service.

This is probably the first time in the story that I've really thought Asriel is one of the bad guy. I know I should have thought that when he killed Roger, but I dismissed that as him being a bit too blinded with his research and wasn't fully aware that Roger would actually die. But after that scene with the torture of (killing??) Angel and what he was saying to Ms Coulter, the man is on a major power trip. I'm glad Ms Coulter called him out and said something along the lines of 'So you plan to kill the current 'ruler' of Heaven so you can sit on the throne'. Cause honestly, I can see that happening with the way Asriel is talking.

After the cliffhanger of the last episode with the broken knife and the quick solution to its repair in this episide, I was reminded of the Pitch Meeting Series on YouTube.

Hollywood Exec: Oh no, the knife is broken. That's going to be super hard to repair

Screenwriter: No, it's gonna be super easy, barely an inconvenience

I really should have rewatched Season 2 before this season started. I cannot recall why Mary is jumping through the worlds. What is she looking for? And I can't remember how those sticks open up the worlds. 

Last episode I was told that it would be a very big deal why the knife broke. This week it was made clear that it was because Will's intention wasn't clear when he was cutting. I pretty much got that last episode and it doesn't seem to be a pretty big deal afterall.

At least the knife was reforged rather quickly and we don't have to wait half a season for it, like I initially feared.

• Like 1
On 12/14/2022 at 7:28 PM, aghst said:

The way HBO is taking shows off the service, to avoid paying residuals, like they removed all the Westworld episodes, you might want to make sure to watch them as they air because in months or weeks after the finale airs, they may pull it off the service.

How not to build a streaming service, but destroy it in 1 easy step - by a Discovery-dumbass.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:57 AM, Bill1978 said:

I cannot recall why Mary is jumping through the worlds. What is she looking for? And I can't remember how those sticks open up the worlds. 

I do remember that she's looking for Lyra. I don't remember clearly about the sticks, but I have a hazy memory of her learning that the sticks have Dust, and I guess she's able to use that to move between the worlds, sorta like how Asriel harnesses Dust to move between worlds.

Asriel's "Why can't you be who I want you to be?" was creepy. I liked that Mrs. Coulter's response to that, with the tear dripping down his cheek, was to tell him to get his hands off her.

• Like 3

So some abusive men start beating their partners when they get pregnant, probably for lots of reasons (women are even more physically vulnerable at that time). Also I thought I read bc sometimes the guy gets triggered by the his partner being more focused on the baby than him. A jealousy and rage aspect bc he should always be the centre.

So while I dont think Asrael beat Marisa, he definitely had those abusive vibes this ep. What a POS. Almost mocking her for caring about her daughter.