Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Thank god for red underwear

• Start Topic

Dubai couple may have a chance... she spoke her needs (space just for them) and he honored it. She needs time to adjust to family closeness and local culture, but I think she could get there. Most likely couple, if she doesn't self-sabotage, would be my bet.

Ireland couple moving too fast, and both are a bit too needy... but it may also have a chance. Of course it's early.

Couple in Ghana. Not happening. Famewhore attempts through Bravo, imo. Over-under he's gone by day 30?

Paris couple..... hmm.... not a hard no... but possible, I suppose. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Is no one watching? So few comments. 

The Irish couple are definitely moving fast but she seems happy to be there and he seems happy to have her there. They are both mature with somewhat realistic expectations. 

I  don’t think the Paris couple will make it. The eye doctor was looking for Thor and he instead met Mael in a fisherprice pretend apartment barely big enough for one. 

The Dubai couple are well suited. I’m glad he was able to see they needed private space. I was annoyed with her for 1) insisting on cleaning instead of reading the room. She actually insulted her hosts and the help likely got in trouble after. And 2) for going right to bed on their first night alone. That was not what he expected and I found it quite rude. She will be the issue of it does not work. 

The Ghana couple are not doing it me. She’s very impressed with herself and doesn’t seem to care about what he wants to do or how he feels. Narcissist much Carmen? He’s used to creature comforts. I give them less than a month. 

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Love 5

Really?! Cold water bucket showers? A tiny space in Paris where two people who knew each other well would be cramped? The matchmaker didn’t know that Phil’s mom spent time in Ghana - the choice would’ve made more sense if she did know. How are these matches being made? Can we know something about this matchmaker - what’s her track record?

• Like 5

Why is the Bravo network and Andy Cohen so fascinated with Dubai, Dubayy City, and the United Arab Emirates? The UAE and Dubai have a lot of wealthy and pretentious people. Dubai is also more expensive than: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Toronto, London, Paris, San Francisco, Seattle, and Tokyo. Thank you for letting us now. I don’t believe the Dubai couple will get married. Too much culture shock for the girl from San Diego.

Edited by APK
  • Like 4

Woman in Dubai making same mistake Meghan Markle made - blowing into town & instead of taking the temperature of the room or recognizing cultural differences - trying to impose her personality & cultural upbringing on others (even if lightly) - instead of trying to fit in & adapt as needed.  At least to start, this would seem to be the way to go since she was sent into THEIR culture.  No one is asking her to give up her essence - just recognize a need for gradual acclimation.  He was willing to make adjustments for her.  But she - not so much - even in something as simple as don't clear dishes when it is unwanted by the hosts & help. Similar to Meghan's rush to hug to Brits who are more reserved generally & not as effusive. [Sorry if the Dubai dish scene took place in episode 3 & not 2 but there's no entry for episode 3 yet.]

Paris eye doc apparently wanted love at 1st sight - didn't happen.  Will be interesting to see if he become appreciative of Mael (& Paris) at any point. So far, he seems unsophisticated (not to mention a doofus when it comes to geography) & learning curve & growth (or not) will be key.

Irish couple off to a good (fast) start.  They seem compatible.  Will be interesting to see if they continue to mesh.

Ghana couple doomed. He needs American comforts. She's still a party girl.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

The Dubai woman was such a brat at that party with the clearing up. It wasn't only her match who asked her to stop. She was such a brat about it, too. What she does in her own home is her biz, but to defy the host's wishes? Crikey!

He was so good about moving into their own apartment and she royally screwed up the first night.

Those cold water showers are going to get old really, really soon. I would have warmed up some water first because that is crazy.

Liked the Ireland couple and wish them well. We'll see! He greeted her very warmly. Flowers, food, and wine.

Paris couple? Je pense pas. 

I just started watching this today. Reminds me of 90-Day Fiance, without the riff raff.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Yikes and yuck.  Strip down and hop into bed with the host, mere hours post first meeting?  No sofa/large chair/bench/mat on the floor/hotel available in Ireland/Paris?  OK then.  And surely the Ugly American pushy bitch in Dubai was acting on producer’s orders at the party?  Can only hope ND optometrist (NOT an “eye doctor “) was also following orders when seeming to confuse Italy and France.  Yeah, American college grads are completely ignorant of basic info re Western Europe - but then, that WOULD help explain ND’s choices over the last six years.  Couple in Ghana may or may not be well matched but it was refreshing to see a curvaceous female body so proudly presented (and appreciated by her swain.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/14/2022 at 11:42 AM, Oneofem said:

Yikes and yuck.  Strip down and hop into bed with the host, mere hours post first meeting?  No sofa/large chair/bench/mat on the floor/hotel available in Ireland/Paris?  OK then.  And surely the Ugly American pushy bitch in Dubai was acting on producer’s orders at the party?  Can only hope ND optometrist (NOT an “eye doctor “) was also following orders when seeming to confuse Italy and France.  Yeah, American college grads are completely ignorant of basic info re Western Europe - but then, that WOULD help explain ND’s choices over the last six years.  Couple in Ghana may or may not be well matched but it was refreshing to see a curvaceous female body so proudly presented (and appreciated by her swain.)

LOL. The girl in Ireland has her own room in that house!