Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E09: Fright Night

• Start Topic

I guessed Linda Blair.  It was the height and the OG thing.  I was yelling Linda Blair at the screen.  But I didn't even think of Ray Parker Jr.  I was thinking it was an actor not a singer.  I am surprised the semi and finale will be all female.  

• Love 1

Can I be honest? I've really hated the format this season. I know they were basically forced into it as a way of getting known faces after the whole situation last season (and, like, no way were Shatner or Gaynor doing a full season anyway), but I feel like between the format and all the filler like Robin and Nicole singing, I barely care about any of the acts. I think season two had it right - four heats at the start to weed out the obvious "I will only do one episode" people, then the same groups-of-six being merged at six format as season one to winnow out a few people who were fine being there for two or three episodes but didn't want to do the whole lot. There's just not enough of a "put the puzzle together" element to this show if half of them are only getting one clue package.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

They were both wonderful surprise reveals. I'm enjoying the big names they're getting this season. I'd rather Ray Parker Jr was going on to the semis. Although it was no surprise at all that he was going to be eliminated and Snowblower was the one planned to go forward.

I'd actually prefer everyone be revealed each episode. The three sing. "Vote". Eliminate one. The mini song where the remaining two do a bit of the same song, (I really enjoy this!). "Vote". Reveal the runner up. Reveal the winner. Next show, three new contestants. It feels like they are almost finally getting the show right. There are plenty of celebrities to go around. I've been enjoying this season the most. I think having a theme every episode isn't necessary. It's kind of fun, but also kind of disappointing. I have no interest in the semis if it's just going to be the three we've already seen before with no wildcards or surprise contestants.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I feel like Linda Blair only went on so she could promote her foundation. JMHO.

Even if that's true she delivered on of the liveliest and best performances. She totally owned the stage and the space. I thought it was going to be someone who had a lot of Broadway experience as well as movies. I honestly haven't followed her career, so maybe she has had a lot of stage experience, but I was expecting it to turn out to be someone who was well known for stage performances.

• Like 2
On 11/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, MrsEVH said:

I feel like Linda Blair only went on so she could promote her foundation. JMHO.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:09 PM, SweePea59 said:

Even if that's true she delivered on of the liveliest and best performances. She totally owned the stage and the space. I thought it was going to be someone who had a lot of Broadway experience as well as movies. I honestly haven't followed her career, so maybe she has had a lot of stage experience, but I was expecting it to turn out to be someone who was well known for stage performances.

I'm no spring chicken so I'm familiar with her, but I haven't followed her career either.  I agree with the first comment that the only reason why she agreed to do the show was to promote her foundation.  The only reason why the show asked her was because she and Ray Parker Jr both fit the "Fright Night" theme.  I really doubt that in a "normal" season with no themes that she would have been someone the show eagerly wanted.

She seemed a bit drunk or high or something when she was gabbering on after the unmasking.  Telling the panelists that they are her heroes?  I can't remember 100% but I do believe she said they are her heroes. (If not, someone please correct me.)  Huh?  I mean, she likes them, ok I can get that.  But they are "heroes" because they are getting paid lots of money to appear on a show which brings joy to viewers (and money to the producers pocketbooks)???  I would say "heroes" is going a bit too far.  I personally definitely don't find anything heroic about Ken Jeong or Jenny McCarthy Wahlberg.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1