Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Jail Bait & Switch

• Start Topic

“He’s not done (with drugs)”  “You can’t save him”  “In December he’ll be good for a month then spend all your money on drugs”  “You think he’s right for you because you’re in love, that’s why I’m here to tell you that you’re stupid”  “He’s already shown you he won’t change” 

…It’s really saying something when Jessica’s sloppy chest-tattooed word-slurring friend is the wisest person to ever appear on any iteration of this show.  

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

…It’s really saying something when Jessica’s sloppy chest-tattooed word-slurring friend is the wisest person to ever appear on any iteration of this show.  

If Jessica really just wants to save someone from the perils of addiction, she could start with that friend. I was pretty sure she was drunk.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Drogo said:

“He’s not done (with drugs)”  “You can’t save him”  “In December he’ll be good for a month then spend all your money on drugs”  “You think he’s right for you because you’re in love, that’s why I’m here to tell you that you’re stupid”  “He’s already shown you he won’t change” 

I thought she was high.

17 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If Jessica really just wants to save someone from the perils of addiction, she could start with that friend. I was pretty sure she was drunk.

Two nurses who are exemplars for the profession.  The lawyer this week per usual came off as a weasel.  And I thought personal injury cases are usually taken on contingency.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

The lawyer this week per usual came off as a weasel.  And I thought personal injury cases are usually taken on contingency.

Yeah, he'd have to prove that the delay (assuming it can even be verified) in getting Mikey to the hospital actually caused some damage. That would involve paying for expert medical opinion. 

Speaking of medical opinion, Mark-A looks like he has malaria or something. His mom needs to get him checked out.

Can't figure out what the title 'Jail Bait and Switch' refers to.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Yeah, he'd have to prove that the delay (assuming it can even be verified) in getting Mikey to the hospital actually caused some damage. That would involve paying for expert medical opinion. 

Speaking of medical opinion, Mark-A looks like he has malaria or something. His mom needs to get him checked out.

Can't figure out what the title 'Jail Bait and Switch' refers to.

I imagine it’s a pun on jail bait, although none of the romantic partners are minors, but it may be referring to Tai pretending to be interested in having phone sex and then suddenly blasting Hottie.  Speaking of Tai, really smart to trash your own place.  That taught him.  And her weird cremation ceremony with the urn. What reputable funeral home would employ her?

• Fire 1
  • Love 3

When Tai said that thing about not coming back from cremation I thought she was referencing traditional Catholic thought about not being cremated because you needed to have an actual body to be risen from the dead in the last days etc. I know a lot of Catholics who are steadfastly opposed to cremation for that reason. So I think that is what she was thinking when she said that, it is probably something she's heard all her life. So the act of burning those things to ash is her way of annihilating Hottie for eternity symbolically as far as she is concerned. That's my take on it anyway. I thought it was a good idea for her to do that. That it was for the cameras kind of dilutes it's meaningfulness though since it seemed to be an act for the show.

That whole thing about nurses being so nurturing and taking care of people in their lives irritated me because I know a lot of nurses (friends and family) and they are kind of impassively judgmental and not really nurturing in their personal lives at all. YMMV. But at any rate, I don't think the friend was either a friend or a fellow nurse, I think she was just central casting and also high AF.  The way she carefully pronounced her words was like when someone is driving drunk and is carefully trying to follow the center line on the road.

Honestly all of these women are out of their minds.

'My prison boyfriend/new husband is a wonderful guy!  He is honest and cares about me! He would never lie to me or hurt me! Our lives will be so perfect when he gets out!!! '

Meanwhile, they exhibit bad tempers, controlling behavior, are drug addicts and thieves and drug dealers and armed robbers, etc. 'But the perfect man for me!! I just know we'll be so happy!' The families of these women must be so disappointed that they have managed to raise such idiots. I'd be so ashamed. And alarmed.

• Love 2

And I thought personal injury cases are usually taken on contingency.

I believe they are trying to drum up the $1,500 retainer, not so much for a personal injury case but to try to get early release due to medical needs. I thought that might actually work; if he only has a few months left and he does need some sort of ongoing care, I can see the prison system figuring it's more resourceful to let the family shoulder the expense than the prison medical system.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I believe they are trying to drum up the $1,500 retainer, not so much for a personal injury case but to try to get early release due to medical needs. I thought that might actually work; if he only has a few months left and he does need some sort of ongoing care, I can see the prison system figuring it's more resourceful to let the family shoulder the expense than the prison medical system.

I thought he said it was for expenses for the civil rights case (deliberate indifference to serious medical needs).  Maybe it’s illegal for the attorney to loan the money for the expenses and just the attorney fees can be contingency.  Or maybe he knows it’s a dog so will only take it on an hourly basis.

Edited by MrBuhBye

Btw, what kind of idiot talks to a deaf person who is the one driving the two of them down the road?  The only way Chelsea could 'hear' what the mom was saying was when she turned her head entirely away from the road and full on to the passenger seat of the car.  And Chelsea did that often and for way too long each time.  I'm shocked they never ran off the road or into someone else.  Completely irresponsible.

• Love 5

It seems like Chelsea has some residual hearing.  No one can lip read perfectly.  I was actually happy to see her suggest the lawyer write things down.  Of course, he also could have shown her the computer screen. But this is LDL so common sense will never prevail. 

You would think others would write things down if they are important.  With my brother, I would bring my laptop and type things in large font so he could read from a distance.  Talking to her when she was driving was dangerous.  Then again we've watched her take both hands off the wheel to sign while driving.  If you look up fool, Chelsea's photo should come up. 

• Love 1
On 11/26/2022 at 7:14 PM, Elizzikra said:

All he needs to do is get pregnant.

With all of these seasons of Love Before, During, and After Lockup, in Perpetuity, why are we suddenly hearing about all of these supposed medical case loopholes? I know on a prior season someone was released early to avoid COVID crowding. But is a medical exemption really a thing? I guess it’s more like a lawyer filing a circumstantial appeal (not the right terminology, but I don’t know what is) and they’d evaluate for early release? It’s not like they’re going to be like, this murderer is pregnant! Well, boys, she got one over on us! Regardless, the guy who had a stroke seems to be perfectly fine, so what’s the case here?

How are we on episode 6, and I don’t know anyone’s names yet besides Sincer-A, and of course Tai/Hottie/Boston? I know we complained a lot about the old couples *cough*brittanymarcelino*cough* but none of these new couples are worth following to After Lockup, IMO. Well, I’d make one exception to see the high school reunion of the Jersey couple—but that’s more to see the reactions of the classmates.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

But is a medical exemption really a thing?

I think there is compassionate release but from what I've heard, you really need to be knocking on death's door to get it. While it's supposedly to allow inmates to die at home among loved ones, I think it's also about the prison system's desire to not spend money on costly end-of-life care for inmates. I suppose if you are that sick, you aren't any particular risk to the community anymore.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1