Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Hall of Fame Night

• Start Topic

Loved it. Loved seeing Joel, as always. Loved seeing Leslie's light shine one more time. Loved Shiela E. Loved both Georges. If you haven't seen Better Late Than Never, find it on streaming and watch it. And if you have a hard time getting started in the morning, get thee to Pandora and choose "Get Off Your Ass and Jam" to be your wake up station. I start my days with George Clinton, so this was a treat. 

• Love 4

I'm surprised Bride got through; I would've expected the showdown between Gopher and Venus; but clearly the rigging was in place. I suspect Bride might win the next showdown but be beaten in the round 3 showdown. 

I do like how Bride surprised everyone by actually being a guy. I'm wondering if he's actually one of those heavy-metal makeup artists from the 80's, like Alice Cooper maybe. (Just a random thought)

When they had a stool out for Gopher, I knew he wouldn't be the ultimate winner; he was just there for the single show. But man he should've been the winner. 

George Foreman for Venus was an obvious guess once it was pointed out. 

All in all, I think I'm liking the new format, even though the costume quality seems to be dropping a bit. It probably makes it easier to recruit celebrities, knowing they only usually have to sing a couple of songs at most and only needs a few days committment. 

The tribute to Leslie was beautiful. He did seem a bit frail and didn't seem to participate as much.

• Love 1

Best part of the episode was Nicole singing "Fame".  She was amazing, would have loved to have seen a longer version.

It was good to see Leslie Jordan one last time, but I agree that he did seem frail.  The tribute was very nice.

I absolutely did NOT miss Ken Jeong... can he be permanently sick?  Would love to have Joel McHale as a permanent replacement.  When they announced Ken was sick, I was half-expecting that he was going to be one of the eliminated contestants.  I know they already did that with Nick in the past as the Bulldog, but it could still have happened.

I know George Clinton is a legend, but he's known for funk, and he really can't sing that well.  In fact, I found the quality of all three contestants this episode to be fairly poor.  Bride was better than the other two but in thinking of all the people that couldn't advance past one round, like Gloria Gaynor and Montell Jordan, seems kind of unfair that those two couldn't be in this group.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

If the Bride's accent is genuine, then it has Brian Johnson/ageing rock star vibes. If American, Vince Neil or even if Axl Rose was good at hiding his rough voice. Otherwise I dunno.

Nice to see two legendary Georges. Now that Foreman has been on, we just need The Fonz to complete the Better Late Than Never quartet. ;)

• Love 1

I did not understand the "hall of fame" theme for the episode. Is it basically an extra clue that everyone in the group is in one hall of fame or another? It's a weird theme. The other theme nights at least had songs that fit the theme. I'm just like, why? This show is grasping at straws.