Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: All-Call

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Ben built a model wooden boat named Eden -- was it a lifeboat ?  And then he broke it.
To paraphrase from the movie 'Jaws', he's going to need a bigger lifeboat.

So Henry Kim didn't disappear for a long duration of time -- he was being studied for nearly two years.  And only took 4 weeks to arrive in NYC.

I'd be questioning Dr. Cooper's credentials -- ULF waves are not electromagnetic. They are acoustic.

Ben continues to be incredibly unlikable.

Not much Olive in this episode.

So, Cal is a Dragon -- like a Targaryen ?  Now he has the dragon scar just like Henry Kim.

Noooooooo Drea !!  Not Jared.

Eden's missing child poster says that Eden was abducted on Nov. 4, 2020 -- so that would put the current episode in approx. Nov. 2022 (how convenient).

And Saanvi finds the voices on the Black box recording that Henry Kim was talking about.  But what they were saying wasn't making a lot of sense.

Adrian saves Angelina and Eden -- but what will Angelina do now ?

• Love 2

It was a bit disappointing to see Ben reset to the beginning of last episode at the start of this one.  

Saanvi hadn't seen Ben for a few months?  So was it different prior to that?  I thought he had been hermit-ing for 2 years now. 

I agree Ben was being super annoying in this one.  Though it was sort of interesting to see the impact on older Cal. 

I liked that conversation Henry had with Cal near the end giving him some confidence.  The jerk Callings are making things cryptic as usual, so Cal will need that pep talk.

Why did the interview have to be at their house?  Isn't that a tad risky?  I thought Ben was being incredibly stupid, but I guess the interview actually led to a tip?  I'm glad we got some movement on that already.  Zeke was quite useful and he is a bit more interesting with this new power, though he is a little too zen about everything.

I was hoping to see that woman go all "Misery" on Angelina.

Oh boy, flashbacks to the dreaded triangle.  Can Jared please stop sleeping with Michaela's friends?  I was happy to see her old partner back, but not as Jared's love interest.

The government people harassing the 828-ers with the check-ins was pretty infuriating to watch.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:43 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'd be questioning Dr. Cooper's credentials -- ULF waves are not electromagnetic. They are acoustic.

LOL, that's what I was thinking.  "Electromagnetic waves that cannot be heard by human ears".  What the heck, writers.  Try googling, at the very least.

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 3
On 11/7/2022 at 12:45 AM, Camera One said:
On 11/5/2022 at 4:43 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

LOL, that's what I was thinking.  "Electromagnetic waves that cannot be heard by human ears".  What the heck, writers.  Try googling, at the very least.

I guess someone thought that would work better in the script than "Handwavium frequencies that cannot be heard by human or dog ears."

I'm guessing the reason they're keeping alive the Michaela-Jared attraction is because:
(putting in spoiler tags in case I'm right) 

Spoiler

the series will end with everything going back to the pre-828 event, and Michaela and Jared will be together.

Edited by shapeshifter

I actually don’t have a problem with the Jared and Drea’s  coupling - other than they should tell Michaela.  She’s married to Zeke and has been for a couple years.  Drea and Jared are both working behind the scenes to help Michaela and the other 828 passengers. Also, refresh my memory - didn't Drea express interest in Jared to Michaela in season 3? 

Still not happy with Anna who should have known better than to harbor a murderer and a kidnapped child. Also not happy with Adrian at this minute, but maybe he will redeem himself next episode. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Still not happy with Anna who should have known better than to harbor a murderer and a kidnapped child. 

Agreed.  She said she was "manipulated" by Angelina and believed all her lies about Eden's parents, but didn't she watch the news?  She fell for Angelina's lies for 2 years?  Even if Eden's parents were horrible people, Angelina still murdered Grace.  If anything, Eden would have been safer in government care.  It just didn't make much sense.  

Edited by Camera One
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Also, refresh my memory - didn't Drea express interest in Jared to Michaela in season 3? 

I recall something like that too. But I think Drea with Jared is just another misdirection.

Is Angelina supposed to have Charles Manson powers of persuasion?

• LOL 1
On 11/5/2022 at 1:43 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but it looks like "ULF" can be used to describe radio waves in the range of 300 Hz to 3000 Hz, according to the International Telecommunication Union (ITU).

https://web.archive.org/web/20131031020427/http://www.itu.int/dms_pubrec/itu-r/rec/v/R-REC-V.431-7-200005-I!!PDF-E.pdf

• Useful 1

So, after two years Michaela is still in love with Jared? ugh just ugh... what is wrong with her? Yes, Jared is hot, but he was an ass to her when she came back. Also, that flash back did not make me think OMG they need to be together; it reminded me Jared has no boundaries. However, if after two years Michaela still loves Jared in the romantic way, she needs to divorce Zeke and tell Jared how she feels. 

Ben is unlikable. He as two other kids!!! But the way he's acting Eden was his only child. And he can say it all he wants that he doesn't blame Cal, but he's lying.  Also, if they all felt Angelina was so dangerous idk maybe they should have moved the hide-away-key; she did live with them, and it is possible she could have found the key without Cal. I feel so bad for Cal.  How old is he supposed to be now? The actor is doing a good job.

Anna deciding Ben was a good guy and instead of telling him Eden was at her house she told Angelina that she needed to get out. That make perfect sense... NOT... 

Edited by Fireball
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, tkc said:

it looks like "ULF" can be used to describe radio waves in the range of 300 Hz to 3000 Hz

It can, but I think the context referred to low frequency sound waves, which are mechanical not electromagnetic.  Since Saanvi also referenced animals using the waves for communication.  It seems like they were mis-using the term ULF to refer to infrasound.

• Useful 1