Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Til Death Do Us Part

• Start Topic

Tai confronts Keoka about her fiancé, Hottie; Melissa risks all to meet Louie.

Tai is confronting Keoka.  The weaves will fly.  Let's all pray that Tai wears enough shirt to avoid a blurring situation.  

Melissa is flying to Georgia to see Big Man on the Yard, Louie.  I'm sure he's as popular in prison as he was in high school.  With her exceptional reasoning skills, I am sure she'll make only rational decisions, right? 

And what of the wedding of the century?  Will Justine, her talons, and her weave take Michael to be her lawfully wedded convict?  Or do we need to wait until their mothers can view the wedding without gagging and/or crying tears that are not of joy? 

Original air date 2022.11.04

• LOL 2

I'm finding Chelsea boring; I need to hear a voice to really appreciate the stupidity. Also, her house is a shack.

Is Justine really wearing what looks like a long white teeshirt as a wedding dress? When she was sitting down, I assumed it was some kind of long underwear or shapewear that would be covered by the actual dress.

Emily's green nails are the size of spoons, how does that work with typing on a computer (since she's supposedly a research analyst or somethiing)?

Downcast self-doubting Tai is also boring- she needs to fly into a rage about/with some adversary.

I predict Melissa The 40-Year Old Teenager will be needier than Chazz. I might feel a little sorry for Louie.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

What is with this idiot Melissa, going to the work site, flashing everybody, and making out with him? Is she trying to get him sent back? She doesn't have two brain cells to rub together.

Enter Snake, who thinks he can bamboozle whatsername, and us, into thinking his buddy wants her to "invest" in "this little business deal we startin' up." 🙄

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I'm finding Chelsea boring; I need to hear a voice to really appreciate the stupidity. Also, her house is a shack.

Me too.  I keep closed captions on for this show (for obvious reasons) but for some reasons it's hard for me to follow what she's saying without the words.  Consquently she bores me.  Plus she appears or is pretending to be pretty stupid.  She's been told her boyfriend was never in the hospital, that he's fine, yet she's still futzing around trying to find out how severe his stroke was.

Is Justine really wearing what looks like a long white teeshirt as a wedding dress? When she was sitting down, I assumed it was some kind of long underwear or shapewear that would be covered by the actual dress.

We have mind-melded.  I thought the shot of her belly was production's nasty way of telling us she is pregnant, but apparently not.  That's the damnedest wedding dress I've ever seen in my life.  Maybe I'm just old, but imo when your belly sticks out like that, you don't want your dress skin-tight over it.

Emily's green nails are the size of spoons, how does that work with typing on a computer (since she's supposedly a research analyst or somethiing)?

And now I know who Emily is (slept through her last week).  Has her job as researcher been explained?  Isn't she some kind of private eye or something?  Doesn't she know that Power of Attorney carries the legal obligation to use the funds for the beneficiary's, well, benefit, and people go to jail for misusing funds the way she's doing?  It's called being a fiduciary, isn't it?  When my mother went crazy and I had her poa, I was scrupulous about how her money was spent and kept receipts out the wazoo.  When she died, it was all handed over to the lawyer.  And how is her boyfriend going to terminate Emily's poa?  Can he?

Emily's not half as smart as she thinks she is, and I look forward or at least hope for her undoing.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Mothra said:

Doesn't she know that Power of Attorney carries the legal obligation to use the funds for the beneficiary's, well, benefit, and people go to jail for misusing funds the way she's doing?  It's called being a fiduciary, isn't it? 

She said on an earlier ep she plans to become a lawyer lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

We were watching this and both my wife and I reacted MOST strongly to that lady's revelation that she was taking out of her 401K to fund this inmate business. Not that she's dating an inmate. We were a little put off with her roping her poor daughter, in her senior year, into this relocation fiasco. When she said "So I'm taking money out of my 401K" we actually had to pause the TV and discuss what a terrible decision that is, on every level. Fuckin' show. 

• Love 3
On 11/6/2022 at 8:04 AM, Mothra said:

Me too.  I keep closed captions on for this show (for obvious reasons) but for some reasons it's hard for me to follow what she's saying without the words.  Consquently she bores me.  Plus she appears or is pretending to be pretty stupid.  She's been told her boyfriend was never in the hospital, that he's fine, yet she's still futzing around trying to find out how severe his stroke was.

We have mind-melded.  I thought the shot of her belly was production's nasty way of telling us she is pregnant, but apparently not.  That's the damnedest wedding dress I've ever seen in my life.  Maybe I'm just old, but imo when your belly sticks out like that, you don't want your dress skin-tight over it.

And now I know who Emily is (slept through her last week).  Has her job as researcher been explained?  Isn't she some kind of private eye or something?  Doesn't she know that Power of Attorney carries the legal obligation to use the funds for the beneficiary's, well, benefit, and people go to jail for misusing funds the way she's doing?  It's called being a fiduciary, isn't it?  When my mother went crazy and I had her poa, I was scrupulous about how her money was spent and kept receipts out the wazoo.  When she died, it was all handed over to the lawyer.  And how is her boyfriend going to terminate Emily's poa?  Can he?

Emily's not half as smart as she thinks she is, and I look forward or at least hope for her undoing.

Justine insists on wearing clothing that is several sizes too small.  The issue isn't her figure; it's her terrible clothing choices.  I supposed she figured if she couldn't wear anything low cut or see through to the prison, a beyond skin tight white dress would have to do.  That would be unflattering on anyone if they wore it in the wrong size. 

Emily works as a legal researcher, likely in a law office.  As they watch her on this show, I'm not sure how long that will last.  Dauri, her inmate, can rescind his DPOA whenever he chooses since he did it by choice; that is, it was not ordered by a judge.  We have no reason to believe that he is not mentally capable. (other than his choice to give POA to this smirking jerk in the first place).   And yes, she has violated her fiduciary duties on camera. Unless she was lying and he told her to buy a ring, she owes him that money. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/6/2022 at 10:04 AM, Mothra said:

And now I know who Emily is (slept through her last week).  Has her job as researcher been explained?  Isn't she some kind of private eye or something?  Doesn't she know that Power of Attorney carries the legal obligation to use the funds for the beneficiary's, well, benefit, and people go to jail for misusing funds the way she's doing?  It's called being a fiduciary, isn't it? 

It looks like the con artist has met his match. They both seem to be trying to outfox each other in the financial department. This could turn out to be the most interesting story of the series. Of course, his having made her POA puts him behind the 8 ball. But I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Edited by renatae
1 hour ago, renatae said:

It looks like the con artist has met his match. They both seem to be trying to outfox each other in the financial department. This could turn out to be the most interesting story of the series. Of course, his having made her POA puts him behind the 8 ball. But I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

I am too.  Plus kadooz to Emily for shutting down the "little business they were starting up."  She's crafty and not a fool.  But not a good person, either.

Her looks are very different from the appearance of the other ladies who woo inmates.  Have we seen any of her dating site photos?  Is this going to be another case of fat a little bit?

• Love 2

We were shown Emily's original photos that she sent.  She looked very different - makeup, filters, different hair.  Very curvy but in an outfit that accented her curviness in a positive way. On the show we see her in her day-to-day look with her natural hair and clothes that do not flatter her figure. 

• Useful 2