Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The End of Playing Games

Zaffy
  • Start Topic

While STR Laurie is investigated by the FBI, Liz and Ri'Chard attempt to take their clients. As they fight to extricate themselves from STR Laurie, Ri'chard and Liz must decide who is head of the firm. Meanwhile, Diane is forced to expose her PT-108 treatment.

ok, first of all, did any of you watched this with captions (subtitles) on?
Instead of Reddick it kept showing Red Dick. Was that intentional?

Another strong episode. They will make it too hard for us to say goodbye...

"The whole world has gone mad" is definitely the theme of this series. 
The whole mockup/fake judge/jail etc etc has gone so far. This is insane, instead of fixing the system we create parallel ones that work?
I bet in TGF universe there is one mockup "legal" system from the supremacists ...etc etc. PARANOIA!

Ah, David Lee, you buggar, I missed ya!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Ah, David Lee, you buggar, I missed ya!

I loved that he got fired.  Seems like an appropriate way for him to exit the series. 

I did like the reveal that Phylicia Rashad was the sister of the woman from last season who had the fake court and jail in her home.  The idea that Rashad's organization had created an entirely real looking, but fake jail for white supremacists was both amusing and terrifying.

Also loved the callback to Alicia and Cary trying to steal clients from Lockhart Gardner when they started a new firm.  That was perhaps the best Good Wife episode of that entire series.   

• Love 1
16 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Also loved the callback to Alicia and Cary trying to steal clients from Lockhart Gardner when they started a new firm.  That was perhaps the best Good Wife episode of that entire series.  

That season was amazing. Including the..unexpected incident...

On 10/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, Zaffy said:

The whole situation with Karmen "effing  Marissa's doppelgänger" was hilarious.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:34 AM, Shermie said:

Except that the two women didn’t look alike at all except for having the same hairstyle and similar clothing styles. Put one in a dress or jeans & hoodie and let the hair down and they look nothing alike. Marissa has a round face with chubby cheeks and the other one has a thin face with angular features.

This show is nuts, and I love it.

^^ From a couple episodes ago.  Well, I guess we know why they did that now.

• Like 2

Oh, wow, I thought this was going to be the series finale and was very confused about how the writers were leaving so much up in the air.  (No pun intended re the slip and fall.)  Loved how Liz and Ri'chard outmaneuvered STRL.  I thought they really were angry with each other.

I really don't want Diane and Kurt to break up.  I really don't want Jay to get into trouble.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
On 10/28/2022 at 4:39 PM, SoMuchTV said:

From a couple episodes ago.  Well, I guess we know why they [made Carmen's girlfriend Marissa's double] now

As soon as they showed the alleged Marissa as the card key taker I knew it would have been the girlfriend. I was glad Marissa figured it out quickly but surprised we didn't get any investigation into the girlfriend's scheme. I hope they will still address it.

• Like 2

"Reddick-Ri'Chard." That doesn't even make sense to me. Does he not have a last name?

I couldn't see how that motion detector device would not be seen by whoever was using that empty office across the way. Did Jay and Marissa assume anyone who went in there wouldn't look up?

Diane's drug use finally came close to being a real possible liability to the firm. That whole story arc hasn't worked for me, except that it brought John Slattery in.

So Ri'Chard is sincerely of the faith. I had been thinking his piety was mostly for show.

There were a lot of windows overlooking the roof of that parking garage so why would the Collective crew assume no one would see them carjacking and kidnapping in broad daylight?

It's looking more and more like Diane is going to swap Kurt for Dr. Bettencourt. She was impressed by what the good doctor said about the NRA. But I sure hope he isn't running a long con on her.

My favorite comment from reddit:

Guys, I don’t think Claire Huxtable and her militia are on the up and up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

"Reddick-Ri'Chard." That doesn't even make sense to me. Does he not have a last name?

I believe his last name is Lane; but he uses the first exclusively, like Cher or Bono. It's branding.

• Useful 1

I took a break from watching for a few weeks, because I watched too much all at once, binge-watching. I'm enjoying it again now. 

I'm glad that was a ploy between Ri'chard and Liz. Awful that they were shot at, though. 

I don't understand those people having Jay drive a van with a massive bomb in it. But then I've just remembered they aren't the FBI, or anything. They're working independently.

So, Carmen's girlfriend targeted her, and murdered a man to try to get the firm shut down? Or just a member of the group, infiltrating the place.

I love that Carmen and Marissa are friends again. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, Anela said:

So, Carmen's girlfriend targeted her, and murdered a man to try to get the firm shut down? Or just a member of the group, infiltrating the place.

I love that Carmen and Marissa are friends again. 

I don't know if the girlfriend was targeting the firm for a murder/shut down.   i think she might have been trying to help the guy get to the roof to hang the banner and his fall was completely unexpected.  was there something suggested that he was pushed?

On 10/29/2022 at 6:14 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I couldn't see how that motion detector device would not be seen by whoever was using that empty office across the way. Did Jay and Marissa assume anyone who went in there wouldn't look up?

how did Jay know the empty office would have a security guard camping out there?  most empty offices don't do that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I don't know if the girlfriend was targeting the firm for a murder/shut down.   i think she might have been trying to help the guy get to the roof to hang the banner and his fall was completely unexpected.  was there something suggested that he was pushed?

I wasn't sure. I was tired, and realized she was probably just part of the group, and wanted to help him get to the roof.