Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Felicia

• Start Topic

Simone and Carter get trapped in the tropics while hunting down a suspect on the run. Simone’s unexpected meet-cute with Dina (Jessica Betts) throws a wrench into Cutty’s love life, and Elena’s high-end fashion splurge cracks open an unsolved murder mystery.
Premiere Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2022      10pm     ABC
164924_2536.jpg
164925_3776.jpg

It's pretty sad that we're really at the point with TV shows where, due to time constraints, fans really are trained to say, "Oh, that guy got a slight bit more characterization than you would typically give a federal attorney, so I guess he must be the bad guy"

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Brian Cronin said:

It's pretty sad that we're really at the point where TV shows, due to time constraints, where fans really are trained to say, "Oh, that guy got a slight bit more characterization than you would typically give a federal attorney, so I guess he must be the bad guy"

I guess my inattention/distracted viewing was somewhat rewarded by my reaction to the Bad Guy reveal being more of a bored: Oh. That guy… 
——which is almost like being surprised.😉

• LOL 2

Yes, the bad guy wasn't hard to figure out.

I'm not a nepotism fan so, yes, I'd have preferred Niecy's SO being portrayed as say, a musician.

Also, I know Niecy is fond of showing off her shape by any time I've been anywhere with anyone's parent (mine or not) closing up your robe was just commonly done.  But hey, tv.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That was a lovely purse. For 2k, it had better be!

I liked the two locations, and “Felicia” playing hide and seek at the market. Both cases were intriguing. Simone messing unintentionally with Cutty’s love life was amusing, but glad it was getting sorted.

1. What the heck kind of phone does she have that pictures aren't automatically uploaded to the cloud? I have an Android, and I don't have to do anything.

2. Do these people use personal phones on the job? 

Questions to ponder.

I'm glad she was toned down for some scenes here, like when she questioned that guy. I think if she strikes the right balance between wacky/fun and serious, it will be easier to take.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

1. What the heck kind of phone does she have that pictures aren't automatically uploaded to the cloud? I have an Android, and I don't have to do anything.

2. Do these people use personal phones on the job? 

I think it was a plot point on the mothership when it was more serious in the early seasons when the TO was telling a Boot to use  the department issued phone because a defense attorney will  get your phone in discovery. It may have been another show but I can only think of Southland and  Blue Bloods where I have seen  the training of the rookie as  a big part of the story relatively recently. Or even the past 20 years with the smart phone revolution. It doesn't seem like something Sully would have taught Ty on Third Watch as he was old school pre smart phone cop.

A lot of time was spent with the tech with the vineyard family. I guess they are adding to the background cast

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Raja said:

I think it was a plot point on the mothership when it was more serious in the early seasons when the TO was telling a Boot to use  the department issued phone because a defense attorney will  get your phone in discovery. It may have been another show but I can only think of Southland and  Blue Bloods where I have seen  the training of the rookie as  a big part of the story relatively recently. Or even the past 20 years with the smart phone revolution. It doesn't seem like something Sully would have taught Ty on Third Watch as he was old school pre smart phone cop.

On Major Crimes, one of the detectives got in legal hot water for using their phone to take pictures of a crime scene that were then not turned over to the defense council for the trial. Immediately all the squad started deleting stuff off their phones.

• Useful 1

Just coming on here to say that I've started (finally) watching "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix and Niecy plays a therapist on that show. I've seen 5 episodes so far, and she is pretty great in the role. There isn't obvious boob-flashing like on this show, so it must have been a character choice to um, feature them so prominently in The Rookie: Feds.  LOL. 

It's too bad, because it makes her cartoonish, IMO.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Just coming on here to say that I've started (finally) watching "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix and Niecy plays a therapist on that show. I've seen 5 episodes so far, and she is pretty great in the role. There isn't obvious boob-flashing like on this show, so it must have been a character choice to um, feature them so prominently in The Rookie: Feds.  LOL. 

It's too bad, because it makes her cartoonish, IMO.  

I love "Never Have I Ever" on Netflix, and yes, Niecy is wonderful on the show. 
But I think the covered boobage on NHIE is an anomaly for her. 
But ITA: Too bad.

Then again, as someone with a similar body type who has spent many decades trying to minimize mine, I kind of appreciate and respect Niecy for being bold about it so nobody can say anything about anything she hasn't already flaunted.

Still, I hope they tone it down on this show so she only flashes them when it fits with the situation.

Or maybe just occasionally "hang a lantern on" her "endowments," like when she guest-starred on "Monk" and her first words to poor body-shy Monk were "My eyes are up here!"

• Love 1