Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E05: Breakfast 911

jewel21
  • Start Topic

Both teams are tasked with serving a delicious breakfast to a group of first responders, firefighters and EMTs; the winning team earns a celebration in the Hollywood Hills; the losing team must sort the trash from the dumpster.

Airdate: 10/27/2022

I have to admit that there is not one chef I can cheer for, they all stink. This has to be the worst collection of competitors I have ever seen in the history of the show. Who in the world selected them? I am sure they have a ton of chefs to pick from. The are selecting from the bottom up not best ones down!!!

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

I'm surprised that they did a non-elimination this early in the season.

My real complaint about this episode is that they did a false fire alarm.  This only reinforces for some people the idea that one does not need to follow emergency procedures.  Yes, I know this is only a competitive t.v. show, but there are so many people who already do not follow rules/policies that are there to actually protect people.  They could have gotten them into the parking lot a different way.  However, having said that, I do appreciate that Gordon consistently honors people who have chosen careers that have service/protection to others as their objective.

I also think that the breakfast looked really good...

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I also think that the breakfast looked really good...

It did if you didn't watch them make it.  Those two women who couldn't seem to figure out the proper order of the ingredients on the breakfast sandwich handled every component over and over and over (with their bare hands), even the eggs.  It was sickening.  I wondered if they were told to do that for the cameras because it didn't seem like that hard a task.  

Like everyone else I guess, I was hoping Gordon would axe Billy.  I wonder what kind of place he's executive chef at.  Over years of watching food TV, I've seen plenty of contestants call themselves executive chef and it turns out they're the only cook at some mom and pop diner.  Billy sure doesn't seem like a management type.

• Like 4
On 10/28/2022 at 1:08 PM, mlp said:

Like everyone else I guess, I was hoping Gordon would axe Billy.  I wonder what kind of place he's executive chef at.  Over years of watching food TV, I've seen plenty of contestants call themselves executive chef and it turns out they're the only cook at some mom and pop diner.  Billy sure doesn't seem like a management type.

He has terrible people skills. I can't imagine him being in any kind of role where he has to manage people. I can't see him being Executive Chef of a lemonade stand, let alone a Gordon Ramsey restaurant.

On 10/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, KeithJ said:

Does Alyssa have a very high hairline or does she pull her hair back way too tight?  Something just doesn’t look right with it.

Agreed, it's a very unflattering hair style. Especially given her light blonde hair. It makes her look like she's going bald. I suspect that with a better hairstyle she would be an attractive woman. 

On 10/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, seacliffsal said:

My real complaint about this episode is that they did a false fire alarm.  This only reinforces for some people the idea that one does not need to follow emergency procedures.  Yes, I know this is only a competitive t.v. show, but there are so many people who already do not follow rules/policies that are there to actually protect people.

Unrelated aside. Way long ago, I was the manager at a big box retailer. At one point, our fire alarms would just randomly go off, resulting in an evacuation which we always took very seriously. When the FD showed up, I would guide them to the faulty sensor that was probably the source of the problem, they would reset the system and all was good.

I worked with the same captain multiple times, and each time he would tell a gruesome story about an incident he worked where people did not heed the alarm. Much to their detriment.

Fire alarms are no joke.

• Like 2