Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Götterdämmerung

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

The pool of suspects shrinks in the wake of a neighborhood tragedy. Karen offers Nora a way out. A strange visitor tells Dean about the Fourth Turning.

Original Air Date: October 13, 2022  

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 1

I got up to this episode last night (and I recognized in 2 seconds what was going on with he "Graf(f)/Graph" family!). 

When I first learned that this story was in the works, I was so excited (maybe because I'm in North Jersey). But while it's entertaining enough, it's also just "meh." Granted, there really is not that much to the real story, so I guess it "needed" more in order to be a series. Still, it's meh. So I am choosing to watch it as if

(a) I don't already know the story (stories, plural, if you count John List), and

(b) it is a season of AHS that is very super-loosely based on an actual happening (which it pretty much is)

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 1
  • Love 5

I know the main two characters are pretty crappy, shallow people, but even Nora doesn't seem like she'd buy into Karen's commentary that much. Getting a little tired of watching her try to get laid because Karen told her that her relationship's doomed if she's not having daily sex (??? good grief, she's probably in perimenopause, I bet there's many days where she wants no one within a ten-yard radius of her girl parts!).

I'm enjoying how they're testing our limited sympathy by having these rich people so haunted by their bankruptcy that they obviously bounced back from so easily, and continuing to live a life of luxury based on the idea that he's "going" to make partner soon, rather than their actual means. Gross. Also just cracks me up that they would even bat an eye about downgrading and moving. Oh no, living in a solid upper-middle class home that you can actually afford and not having your family's lives threatened regularly, sounds awful!

I'm loving the flashback stories even though it's extremely suspicious that the PI would be able to get such unprovable, precise details!

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I love how the reno'd kitchen looks exactly the same. 

As soon as the spooky organ music started over the intercom in previous episodes, it made me think of the real-life John List murders. And... Voila! they've tied a fictionalized version into the series. The List murder story haunted me ever since I first saw it featured on an Unsolved Mysteries episode way back when I was a teenager. Sooo creepy. Interesting that both of these real life tales occurred in New Jersey. This show continues to stretch credulity to ridiculous lengths. Absolutely no way a  sensational murder story like that could be successfully covered up.

My first instinct if I were in a hapless homeowner situation would be to have the entire house swept for hidden electrical wiring, bugs, hidden passageways etc.

I really like the actress playing the PI. She played the kick-ass attorney in that Nicole Kidman/Hugh Grant potboiler The Undoing

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Cheezwiz said:

I really like the actress playing the PI. She played the kick-ass attorney in that Nicole Kidman/Hugh Grant potboiler The Undoing

Oh that's the one! I was trying to remember which other campy crazy thriller streaming series I'd seen her in recently-ish (except that one wasn't campy on purpose, oops). Love her.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

It was so obvious that guy was not the inspector it strained credulity he didn’t question it.

re John List- much creepier but to be fair it’s not that NOBODY knows what he looked like- he worked with people, he went to church- but when the real

murders happened which was not 1995 but 1971,  DNA testing and the internet were far far away. 

he did make a sandwich tho.

it is interesting the suggestion that the house itself makes the dads weird.

Edited by lucindabelle