Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E02: Labor Day

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

NO on the Bradford/Chen romance!  Why does this show keep pushing them together?!  If this show insists on having an "office romance", I would much rather have it be Bradford and Nyla together!!

Thinking of Nyla, her entire storyline was beyond ridiculous!  Between no one believing that she heard gun shots across the street, her going over there to investigate without a gun while in full blown labor, the criminals carrying the dead body out the front door in broad daylight, her "hiding" in 12 inches of water, delivering a baby without her or the baby making a sound, cutting the umbilical cord, and cleaning up the baby, herself, the afterbirth, etc.  Considering how so over the top this plot was, I was completely surprised that Bailey didn't show up as the midwife's replacement!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

Considering how so over the top this plot was, I was completely surprised that Bailey didn't show up as the midwife's replacement!

Heh, I guess assisting a home birth would be too close to what Bailey's actual job is supposed to be as a first responder. 😉

• LOL 5
On 10/20/2022 at 12:01 AM, juliet73 said:

NO on the Bradford/Chen romance!  Why does this show keep pushing them together?!  If this show insists on having an "office romance", I would much rather have it be Bradford and Nyla together!!

Thinking of Nyla, her entire storyline was beyond ridiculous!  Between no one believing that she heard gun shots across the street, her going over there to investigate without a gun while in full blown labor, the criminals carrying the dead body out the front door in broad daylight, her "hiding" in 12 inches of water, delivering a baby without her or the baby making a sound, cutting the umbilical cord, and cleaning up the baby, herself, the afterbirth, etc.  Considering how so over the top this plot was, I was completely surprised that Bailey didn't show up as the midwife's replacement!

MAybe she shot off the umbilical cord and nobody heard it!

• LOL 4
On 10/3/2022 at 2:49 PM, shapeshifter said:

And the voice. If I'd married someone with that voice, I'd still be married.

I always loved him on Judging Amy.

On 10/20/2022 at 12:01 AM, juliet73 said:

Would the gun still have fired after being under water?

Wow, my binge watch of four and a half seasons is coming to a close!  I'm getting close to real time.

Side comment, I'd already been watching the Rookie Feds show without knowing they'd had a backdoor pilot on this show, which apparently most people hated!

• Like 2
On 12/13/2022 at 6:46 AM, EtheltoTillie said:

Would the gun still have fired after being under water?

The shell itself contains everything needed to fire, they will fire underwater. The water itself acts like armor so the bullet  doesn't travel very far. For all those scenes where hundreds of bullets are fired at someone diving in the water,  well look at how short the CSI and other genre show ballistic lab tanks are when they fire to get a test bullet.

• Useful 3
15 hours ago, Raja said:

The shell itself contains everything needed to fire, they will fire underwater. The water itself acts like armor so the bullet  doesn't travel very far. For all those scenes where hundreds of bullets are fired at someone diving in the water,  well look at how short the CSI and other genre show ballistic lab tanks are when they fire to get a test bullet.

Mythbusters tested firing bullets at someone underwater and how quickly it stopped. It fired 18 feet when firing the gun underwater

The higher caliber bullets went farther underwater than the lower caliber ones.

• Useful 2
On 12/20/2022 at 10:49 PM, bros402 said:

Mythbusters tested firing bullets at someone underwater and how quickly it stopped. It fired 18 feet when firing the gun underwater

The higher caliber bullets went farther underwater than the lower caliber ones.

I'm a little frightened of the people who marked this as "useful."

• LOL 4
On 12/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, Raja said:

look at how short the CSI and other genre show ballistic lab tanks are when they fire to get a test bullet.

Real-life ones as well. However they are filled with ballistic gel (not water )that slows the projectile down and allows it to retain its form-on-impact.