Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: No One Wants an Argument About Reality

PrincessPurrsALot
  • Start Topic

After five long months, the passengers of Avenue 5 eagerly await their impending return to Earth­­ while behind the scenes, Ryan and the crew struggle to find a way to reveal the much longer timeline of their journey home. Later, a disgraced Karen comes to blows with a newly famous Frank.

Original air date 2022.10.10

Reconstituted eel portions. Yum.

Anything can be a garnish if you're brave enough. (On Archer a character recently said, "Anything's edible if you try hard enough." Why is this a saying now?)

Haggis in a condom. Which is the bad part, the haggis or the condom?

The captain is still switching between accents.

Oh, they really are heading into the sun! At least that'll solve the food problem, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just watched the first episode of Avenue 5, session 2 (Aired in Australia last night). Was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more similarities to the last episode of session one. The characters appear different, as in loss of weight (especially Billie),  Karen Kelly looked dreadful, but that was the whole point after being stuck in a room for weeks on end. Herman Judd does not look as dominant this series, just looks like one of the other passengers and his hair looks dreadful. Ryan Clark does not have the same prominence as last session and was looked less dominant. I think by seasons end, he and Karen will end up marrying.

The insert of some new characters did not really work well. With the young girl playing on the computer and locking the ship's new trajectory to the Sun was pretty far-fetched.

As I said, this episode fell under-par compared to last seasons episodes. Overall I give this episode 6  out of 10 compared to the episodes of last season, which alwas rated 8 to 10.

I suppose the sun could be closer depending where everything is. Not that that helps at all. I don't know what else Rav could have come up with for a plan, since everyone was burying their heads in the sand. 

I didn't feel bad for Karen either. 

Who is the Other President? Was that mentioned last season?

15 hours ago, deanna said:

The characters appear different, as in loss of weight

It has been a while since season one.  The first episode of the first season aired in January 2020.  That's a pandemic ago.  Since then I've watched two seasons of the Swedish show Before We Die and two seasons of Young Wallander, both of which featured Adam Palsson.  Palsson plays Mads.

• Useful 1

Wait… didn’t they say in the first season they had food for years? Seems dd that just because eels don’t reproduce they are completely out of food.

Did they drop the “flavorings” thing? That was what they needed, they ejected them from the shuttle, and not a peep?

Speaking of, it didn’t seem like a big deal to send a 2-person shuttle to Av 5… shouldn’t they be sending more? 

Watching this from 2023, this chat simulator saw into the future.

Edited by Ottis