Type keyword(s) to search

Tales Of The Jedi - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Each episode of this anthology series tells a short story featuring Jedi from the Star Wars prequel trilogy era. The six episodes are split into two "paths": the first following Ahsoka Tano across various points in her life, and the other depicting a young Count Dooku before his fall to the dark side of the Force. All six episodes drop on October 26

I thought it was interesting for them to show Ahoska and Dooku's stories, but it makes sense both became disillusioned with the Jedi order. Dooku went full dark side while Ahsoka is more grey. It's more tales of the former Jedi. 

For a villian origin I believe Dooku's turn more then Anakin's. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

So what I gathered from this is Yoda was just being annoying talking in backwards riddles. His species can and does speak normally. Lol

Yeah I was reminded of a Robot Chicken scene where a clone trooper was questioning why this centuries old great Jedi still spoke like that. This was the most disturbing thing of the whole 6 episodes was hearing Yaddle speak normally the first time. Now I want to know what the hell happened to Yoda. Will Grogu have the same speech or will he talk normally like Yaddle. 

• Love 1

I was confused by episode 4, I swore Yaddle was in all 3 prequels. 

Watching Dooku's fall to the Dark Side was rather sad and tragic. Reminds me of a few What If videos I watched on YouTube. 

The final 2 Ahsoka episodes killed me. Seeing Anakin and Ahsoka together and how he pretty much trained her to survive Order 66. Then seeing her show up on Nabu to pay her respects to Padame killed me. 😭

Was that Kanan at the training session in episode 5? 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Was that Kanan at the training session in episode 5? 

I didn't notice him but he was listed as one of the easter-eggs in a review, so yes.

As good as Ahsoka was I was always wondering how she managed to survive Order 66, her skills in the middle of a barrage of clone fire were so damn impressive. Now we know why. Damn - right in the feels. And I liked how she turned off the Inquisitor's lightsaber. She did that in Rebels too but this must have been the first time she pulled that trick.

• Love 2

I loved all the episodes. Poor Yaddle. I really didn't expect to feel sympathy for Dooku. That was unexpected. He's still an ass for joining the Sith or not leaving when Qui Gon was killed. It was nice to see his disillusionment with the Jedi Order. It was actually understandable. He went to get the kidnapped son back only to side with the kidnappers. Later figuring out the story of how the Jedi was killed was crap. The council just refused to evolve at all. 

I'm always happy for Ahsoka episodes. I liked learning how she managed to survive Order 66. Of course Anakin came up with a hard test. It paid off. And he wasn't wrong. Good against droids is one thing good against a person that's something else.

I liked that she attended Padme's funeral. She's also nicer then me for saving the idiot brother from being killed. It was his own stupid fault for bringing the Inquisitor. What a terrible way to repay someone to saved your sister's life. Which was also his fault too. Had he listened the cart wouldn't have fallen over.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I liked learning how she managed to survive Order 66.

I was debating whether to bother with the show because I'm not too much a 'filling in all the holes in the story' guy, but this I need to see. 

Reading all this about Dooku isn't really grabbing me. In the end, the prequels could have done better to this end about the Order. Not everything needs to be explained either. Sometimes some people just go Sith. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I was debating whether to bother with the show because I'm not too much a 'filling in all the holes in the story' guy, but this I need to see. 

Reading all this about Dooku isn't really grabbing me. In the end, the prequels could have done better to this end about the Order. Not everything needs to be explained either. Sometimes some people just go Sith. 

I wasn't sure either since I didn't like Visions last year. I was surprised by how much I liked Tales of the Jedi.

It's brilliant that Anakin actually was the reason Ahsoka survived 66. "I hope all that training paid off." Rex has been with her for so long. 

I'm assuming the inquisitor she pwnd was where she ended up getting the white blades. She beat him with nothing! That's bamf if there ever was. 

I didn't really have much for Dooku. Sure, it's good to see the Jedi council knocked down a peg, but he's full of himself. I didn't need some sympathetic origin story. He was fine choking the senator. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

‘Star Wars: Tales Of The Empire’ Trailer: Disney+ Unveils Dave Filoni’s Animated Follow-Up To ‘Star Wars: Tales Of The Jedi’

Disney+ released the trailer and key art for Lucasfilm’s upcoming original animated series Star Wars: Tales of the Empire. The new series is the second installment of the Tales franchise, and stylistically follows 2022’s acclaimed Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi.   

Star Wars: Tales of the Empire is a six-episode journey into the fearsome Galactic Empire through the eyes of two warriors on divergent paths, set during different eras. After losing everything, young Morgan Elsbeth navigates the expanding Imperial world toward a path of vengeance, while former Jedi Barriss Offee does what she must to survive a rapidly changing galaxy. The choices they make will define their destinies.

Premieres May 4. Trailer:

• Like 1