Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E01: Gimme Shelter (3)

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 9/26/2022 at 1:00 AM, Serena McClain said:

I thought so too after that occurred, but I remembered in an article the showrunner of SVU saying he will give her and Carisi a good ending to their relationship, so I figured she wouldn't die. But hey, would have been a bold choice since when was the last this show killed off a major character. I think Amanda would have been the first MAIN character, and a long running one at that to actually be handled this way. 

Well, she was technically listed as part of the main cast on the Mothership during her brief tenure, so I think both Annie Parisse's ADA Alexandra Borgia and Eric Bogosian's Captain Danny Ross on Criminal Intent already had that angle covered.

Hell, ADA Claire Kincaid (Jill Hennessy), too.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Well, she was technically listed as part of the main cast on the Mothership during her brief tenure, so I think both Annie Parisse's ADA Alexandra Borgia and Eric Bogosian's Captain Danny Ross on Criminal Intent already had that angle covered.

And don’t forget Max Greevey, who was murdered in the season 2 premiere. SVU has never killed off a main character, the closest they came was killing off Dodds Jr who was a squad member but wasn’t in the main credits in season 17. The Mothership has killed off 3 characters, Greevey, Kincaid and Borgia. And CI killed off Douchebag Ross. And if we are looking at the whole franchise, LA killed off a detective as well.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Xeliou66 said:

And if we are looking at the whole franchise, LA killed off a detective as well.

That's right! Although that one was just weird because of the episode order messing that whole thing up... (Alive, dead, alive...) No wonder Law & Order: Los Angeles failed.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I was surprised Rublev didn't have some sort of diplomatic immunity.

"Just been revoked!"  Every time I hear or see the phrase "diplomatic immunity" I can't help but think of the South African guy from "Lethal Weapon 2". 😄

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I was surprised Rublev didn't have some sort of diplomatic immunity.

The Secretary disavowed his actions. But I did miss that consulate guard fingering the trigger of his submachine gun to back off the detectives from back in the day

22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I am talking about THIS show, not Law & Order in general. Give me a main SVU character who was killed off. I do not recall one. 

22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

That's right! Although that one was just weird because of the episode order messing that whole thing up... (Alive, dead, alive...) No wonder Law & Order: Los Angeles failed.

The show failed because it was just a lackluster need for the franchise. Why did we need a LA based take on the original show. What made this franchise great was because unlike NCIS and CSI, the spinoffs all revolved around different DIVISIONS within the same area and weren't just trying to rehash the original but in a different city. LA also made me mad because the original got cancelled because of it when NBC could have just axed that show and just continued the original. To do this AFTER the original was cancelled also made a bad taste in people's mouths. By the midway point of the show they had to halt things and make changes, though I never understood why they had to leave five episodes unaired when they could have been aired. I still find it humorous they tried to market the second half of the show as a new show since ads for that batch of episodes made it seem like it was a new show. Going through a number of intro sequences and title changes, it was handled worse than TBJ when Jerry Orbach died and the scrambling there to replace him and having THREE different intros, though slight changes with it. LA was just a mess from the beginning and I knew it was as good as cancelled when the hiatus occurred. If you can't have your stuff right BEFORE the show starts airing let alone production, you are screwed. 

Edited by Serena McClain
9 hours ago, Serena McClain said:

I am talking about THIS show, not Law & Order in general. Give me a main SVU character who was killed off. I do not recall one. 

Technically, this is the thread/forum for Law & Order mothership. But to answer your question, SVU came close and until the last three minutes, viewers thought Alex had been killed off. So they almost killed off a main character in the early years.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Technically, this is the thread/forum for Law & Order mothership. But to answer your question, SVU came close and until the last three minutes, viewers thought Alex had been killed off. So they almost killed off a main character in the early years.

I know what the thread is, but I was referring to SVU as the topic of discussion since I was talking about just that show. Yeah, I know about Alex and do not care since that was how long ago and clearly she did not die by the very ending of that episode so....it means nothing. But thanks for the info anyway. 

Edited by Serena McClain
1 hour ago, Serena McClain said:

I know what the thread is, but I was referring to SVU as the topic of discussion since I was talking about just that show. Yeah, I know about Alex and do not care since that was how long ago and clearly she did not die by the very ending of that episode so....it means nothing. But thanks for the info anyway. 

The closest SVU came to killing off a main character was Mike Dodds in season 17, he never made the opening credits but he was a squad member, second in command to Benson, and appeared in most episodes that season. But no SVU has never killed off a main character.

On 9/27/2022 at 3:43 PM, blackwing said:

He's eating lunch with his 15 year old daughter, and this other 15 year old is killed, and he is determined to get justice for her

That particular scene gave me a serious SVU flashback, where Stabler is with his daughter (Kathleen? Maureen?) and he tells her to stay away when an incident takes place. Of course the daughter ignores the warning and gets more than she bargained for. In both cases I said to myself I bet the next time she'll actually listen to her father to stay away.

• Love 1

I was with Olivia and especially with Maroun on this one, not least since the very real threats against that little girl's life would hardly go away if her testimony put away a Russian oligarch. Seems like a strong possibility that Sirenko will indeed get stabbed in prison anyway, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯