Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E12: Guys and Dolls

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

17 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

It's possible that the entourage and equipment required for filming would be disruptive in the type of establishment you describe.  Or, all those high brow joints have seen the show and want no part of it.

I think it’s a combination of both, because Charleston is considered one of the top culinary/fine dining/foodie destinations in the country. They have some exquisite French fine dining down there and low country cuisine/soul food spots as well—I remember Cameron dragging Shep to The Shrimp Shack on one of the earlier seasons, which was cool to see because that’s considered a low country seafood local institution of sorts.

Minus Patricia & Whitney’s far more cultured tastes((ditto Leva and perhaps Naomie, although I think they’re both too skinny-focused to focus on fine dining)), I’ve also noticed how painfully limited some of the cast’s palates truly are. Shep acted like an overgrown child tossing out his food like a picky child at that one al fresco cast dinner this season. Somehow I don’t see most of them being happy getting dragged to an authentic local Indian or other international food hole in the wall joint…although Shep was recently seen at a well-regarded CHS tapas restaurant with Taylor, so maybe he’s far more more culinary-cultured than he dares let on.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
On 9/11/2022 at 8:31 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

For someone so religious why is she sleeping with Shep, they are not married.

To that add the fact that she was perfectly fine with the possibility of getting pregnant without marriage. How would her mommy and daddy have felt about that? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
34 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

To that add the fact that she was perfectly fine with the possibility of getting pregnant without marriage. How would her mommy and daddy have felt about that? 

It’s cafeteria religion. You pick the parts that are convenient to you.

• Applause 1
  • Love 7
On 9/11/2022 at 12:36 PM, Sun-Bun said:

You know who else is into shiny pleather pants, premature plastic surgery, and alleged multiple hookups with Whitney? Kathryn!  How those two haven’t teamed up already to become the ‘shameless strumpet’ frienemy duo of our dreams is beyond me.

Didn't Kathryn finally admit that she and Whitney "hooked up" in one of the earliest seasons.  The guys all gossiped* about it and she finally came clean--maybe to Craig.   *I have never seen such a gossipy group of adolescent men wanting SO MUCH to be young studs.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:51 PM, kristen111 said:

Btw, Austin is a big gossip for a guy.  Worse than a woman.  

Worse than any pre-teen/teenage girl!

• Love 1
On 9/8/2022 at 7:15 PM, Kemper said:

I know Patricia is rich.  But she apparently has never heard the saying "money talks, wealth whispers" - because it accurately describes her.  She was ill-mannered tonight in mentioning the cost of her sofa and the cost of those spindly chairs.  Not to mention her disdain for paper cocktail napkins ... The Horror!  I would never shame a guest for spilling wine on my furniture; or falling out of an old, creaky chair.  Hey!  Don't seat your guests on antique chairs until you have them repaired.  Everything about her tonight was tacky. 

She didn't come "from money," did she?  She may have slept her way to the top--and may have loved those she slept with.  Perhaps she studied others in the circles she married into...gaining levels of sophistication as her income rose.  FORTY-FIVE THOUSAND FOR A SOFA!!!   We'll probably never hear what Douchy Craig did to "take care of it tomorrow."  Those chairs...pitiful.

33 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Didn't Kathryn finally admit that she and Whitney "hooked up" in one of the earliest seasons.  The guys all gossiped* about it and she finally came clean--maybe to Craig.   *I have never seen such a gossipy group of adolescent men wanting SO MUCH to be young studs.

That was season 1.

There was the scene where Craig pointed out that Kathryn slept with 3 of the men at a dinner party -- Thomas, Whitney and Shep.

I would not be surprised if that was faked too, she only slept with Thomas.

But if she can sleep with Thomas, why wouldn't she sleep with Whitney and Shep as well?

The notion that Naomi slept with Whitney doesn't pass either the eye or the smell test.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Back Atcha said:

26 minutes ago, aghst said:

That was season 1.

There was the scene where Craig pointed out that Kathryn slept with 3 of the men at a dinner party -- Thomas, Whitney and Shep.

I would not be surprised if that was faked too, she only slept with Thomas.

But if she can sleep with Thomas, why wouldn't she sleep with Whitney and Shep as well?

The notion that Naomi slept with Whitney doesn't pass either the eye or the smell test.

We know that Kathryn slept with Whitney season 1 even before Craig said something because Patricia found her clothes left in a heap on Whitney’s floor. I will never forget Patricia picking up a blouse with a single finger and bellowing with disdain, “What is this—Annnnn Tayloooor?!?”

I think she slept with Shep twice—or at two different points in time. Both when she was trying to lock down anybody season 1, and a few years later after she and Thomas broke up. They both admitted to that at some lunch they had together that they got drunk and hooked up. Now is this like how Whitney and Naomi “hooked up” or how Austin and Olivia are “dating”? Perhaps.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/11/2022 at 3:36 PM, Sun-Bun said:

You know who else is into shiny pleather pants, premature plastic surgery, and alleged multiple hookups with Whitney? Kathryn!  How those two haven’t teamed up already to become the ‘shameless strumpet’ frienemy duo of our dreams is beyond me. ((I always assumed Naomie had far more class than Kathryn, hence her ongoing refusal to befriend her, but they’re far more painfully similar than I ever dared ever realize)

“Shameless strumpet frienemy duo of our dreams” is my favorite thing I have ever read on these boards! 😂

Agree, agree, those two are strangely similar and should be friends but are too competitive and stubborn. Poor Naomie though, she’s in the sloppy seconds category for sure. Kathryn did it all first and now Naomie, years in, is pretending she’s screwing Whitney to get everyone talking. It falls SO flat and fake. 

Hmm…now I’m curious. She said she had to beg her way back. Maybe Pat & Whitney said uh, sure, you can come back…if you do THIS storyline. Hahaha, she actually sold her soul to be on this shitshow. 

If T-Rav showed back up I have zero doubt that Naomie would be sleeping with him, trying to get pregnant, lol. 

Edited by Sage47
  • LOL 1

Kathryn looks so much better with her red hair.  She was a little lighter with her makeup but could go even lighter.  I’m season 1 Kathryn slept with Whitney, Thomas and Shep.

Taylor loves Shep and thinks he is trying to change but that is almost impossible.  She will forever be worried about his cheating and philandering. Her mother is really cute.  

Expensive upholstered furniture is made very differently.  Better frame, support, fabric and stuffing.  Some have down in the cushions.  

• Love 2