Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13 ANW Family Championship

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

The family with the huge extended family is from Utah. I shouldn’t make such connections, should I?

You're not the only one. (Then Matt said the kid was going on a two year mission soon.)

So far all the teenagers are 19. I kind of assumed the kids would be more like high school age.

I remember the guy with Parkinsons!

Edited by ams1001
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

the guy with Parkinsons

In my  opinion Jimmy Choi and his family won the night.  Seldom do I get misty eyed over a winner, but his success two times tonight has to have given him hope and for all that love him, warm feelings to remember. 

• Love 7

I love the Auer family matriarch, applauding in her reserved way.  

So sorry that this is the end of the line for Jimmy Choi.  He was such a wonderful competitor to watch.  His family is wonderful and, specifically, his daughter is so gutsy.  Just a little more spring and she would have had it.

That was more enjoyable than I thought it would be.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

I don't hate the idea of running the course as a relay. But why bring on families that don't even do ninja training, and people who aren't current ninjas?

They did a team version for a while (on TBS, maybe?); that was done similarly as a relay, but if someone fell the next person had to wait a certain amount of time before they could continue.

I was also a little surprised at the variation in experience levels between teams.

I liked the diving cameraman and his kids, too. 

18 hours ago, enoughcats said:

In my  opinion Jimmy Choi and his family won the night.  Seldom do I get misty eyed over a winner, but his success two times tonight has to have given him hope and for all that love him, warm feelings to remember. 

I haven't watched the full ep yet but I saw that. With the intro from Michael J Fox, it was rough to watch, to see how that illness can tear you apart. 

Glad Choi got his buzzer; I was really worried with him doing Sideways first, but he got through it like a champ. 

• Love 3

This was okay and even fun at times, but I wonder why NBC sat on it for over a year. This and the women’s championship seem like they should be offseason (winter) specials, not sandwiching the regular season. 

Matt sounded unfortunately silly saying “see you next year!” at the end of the finals, only to be immediately followed by a promo for the family special airing the very next week. 

On 9/6/2022 at 2:57 PM, Taeolas said:

I haven't watched the full ep yet but I saw that. With the intro from Michael J Fox, it was rough to watch, to see how that illness can tear you apart. 

Glad Choi got his buzzer; I was really worried with him doing Sideways first, but he got through it like a champ. 

I'm behind on episodes.  After reading this forum, I just specifically watched the Choi family.  Bawled through it.  I'm so happy that Choi got his buzzer.  His daughter is amazing and I look forward to watching her compete in the regular version in two years if the show is still on.

• Like 1