Type keyword(s) to search

Woodstone Manor: The I-saac Sees All (Spoilers&Speculation)

Neptune
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Neptune said:

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/ghosts-s02e02-images-true-crime-podcasts-broken-washing-machines/

As an Italian-American, I'm cross between being both offended and amused that they cast someone named 'Guido' as a mobster

• Love 1

LIFE GOES ON IN THE AFTERLIFE.

The slow-moving courtship of star-crossed Revolutionary War foes Isaac (Brandon Scott Jones) and Nigel (John Hartman) tests Isaac’s friendship with television-loving Viking Thorfinn (Devan Chandler Long) in the premiere. In Episode 2, hippie Flower (Sheila Carrasco) guides Victorian prude Hetty (Rebecca Wisocky) to a sexual awakening. Later, catfishing ’90s finance bro Trevor (Asher Grodman) renews contact with Jay’s sister Bela (Punam Patel) when she visits

MORE BACKSTORIES ARE REVEALED IN SURPRISING WAYS.

Samantha launches a true-crime podcast to help Prohibition-era jazz singer Alberta (Danielle Pinnock) figure out who poisoned her. “We want to start introducing suspects,” Wiseman says of the ongoing mystery. And docuseries Dumb Deaths shoots an episode at the mansion. Teases Wiseman, “The ghosts will see how TV is made.”

https://www.tvinsider.com/1058752/ghosts-season-2-storylines-sam-jay/amp/

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Farnsbys, next-door neighbors and rival B&B innkeepers, will be returning this season

(and the housewife ghost that haunts their property (whose name is Judy and was played by Lindsey Broad)

will also be returning, along with another ghost that haunts the Farnsby residence,

who has a "connection" with one of the ghostly eight.)

Meanwhile, in yet another episode, the ghostly eight (and Sam) are shocked to discover

a ghost who can travel all across the country.   You see, she died inside a car, and thus, is now

"attached" to the car forever.

And then, a "webcast" called "Dumb Deaths" shows up at the B&B.

(Why am I NOT surprised this has something to do with Flower????)

Have fun watching this season.

• Love 1

Episode two features a further examination of who murdered jazz singer Alberta Hayes (Danielle Pinnock), leading to the return of creepy Todd (Rodrigo Fernandez-Stoll), proprietor of the Alberta Hayes Museum in Altoona. Todd co-hosts a podcast about Alberta with Sam at the insistence of the podcast site’s editor. Sam worries Todd is Alberta’s stalker, but the editor notes, “Someone who stalks a dead person is called a historian!”
https://triblive.com/aande/movies-tv/tv-talk-abbott-elementary-ghosts-return-for-sophomore-seasons/

• Love 2
On 9/23/2022 at 11:53 PM, Neptune said:

And docuseries Dumb Deaths shoots an episode at the mansion. Teases Wiseman, “The ghosts will see how TV is made.”

https://www.tvinsider.com/1058752/ghosts-season-2-storylines-sam-jay/amp/

I'm squealing in delight over this new development.  The BBC Ghosts must be behind this storyline.  "Stupid Deaths" was a recurring skit from Horrible Histories -a children's history show written and acted by the BBC Ghosts cast.

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

I'm squealing in delight over this new development.  The BBC Ghosts must be behind this storyline.  "Stupid Deaths" was a recurring skit from Horrible Histories -a children's history show written and acted by the BBC Ghosts cast.

One of them is guest starring 

Edited by Neptune
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:
  Reveal spoiler

Mathew Baynton, who plays the creepy poet Thomas.

Thank you so much!  I'm really looking forward to this.  Have you watched the BBC series?  Season 4 in its entirety was just released in the UK but no word on when we'll get it stateside. 

• Love 1

Do you have any scoop on where Ghosts might take us in Season 2? –Laura
Next Thursday’s episode of the CBS hit features a storyline that “was sort of based on some of my friends in like the early 2010s that used to memorize all the colors of the OPI nail polish,” executive producer Joe Port says. “Trevor’s advice is to ‘be interested in things that women are interested in and then they’ll like that.’ So he advises Thor to take interest in some of Flower’s interests to try to make headway with her.”

• Love 1

Okay, y’all, bear with me, I think I’ve got something on why our ghosts haven’t been sucked off. In Season 1, most of them had cathartic moments that indicated a resolution: Thor got a Viking funeral, Sasappis got to tell his story, Isaac came out, Hetty told Elias off and sent him to Hell, Alberta gained a new generation of fans, Pete reconnected with his family and forgave his wife, and Trevor got some true “bros” in Jay, Sam, and his fellow ghosts, who know the sweet person beneath the bro exterior. This season Flower got some closure with her brother. 

BUT… these are just the start of their new journeys on the road to finding peace/being able to move on. Thor, I suspect, will have to come to terms with why his crew left him behind, and I suspect he didn’t live up to ideals of Viking masculinity and he needs to come to terms with it. Sas seems like he was very optimistic in life, and he is holding on to a lot of bitterness from dying so young—never falling in love or telling his story—and he needs to let it go. Isaac and Hetty I think both just need time to enjoy a “life” on Earth unshackled by the expectations that made them so miserable in their respective lives. Alberta needs to embrace her worth as a person outside of being famous, which we saw her start to do in episode two. She also needs to embrace deeper connections with others, which we’ve seen her do all through the series. Flower needs to form a greater sense of identity, since in life she was so easily led around by the cult and the commune and hippy culture in general. Pete needs to connect with his own feelings, and not be such an inveterate people pleaser, which we saw him make strides with last season, thanks in no small part to Nancy. And finally, it’s been all but stated outright that Trevor wants true love. So in the long term, I think when those much deeper arcs are resolved (which will hopefully take many, many seasons) we will see our ghosts ascend.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 10/16/2022 at 10:09 PM, ZuluQueenOfDwarves said:

Okay, y’all, bear with me, I think I’ve got something on why our ghosts haven’t been sucked off. In Season 1, most of them had cathartic moments that indicated a resolution: Thor got a Viking funeral, Sasappis got to tell his story, Isaac came out, Hetty told Elias off and sent him to Hell, Alberta gained a new generation of fans, Pete reconnected with his family and forgave his wife, and Trevor got some true “bros” in Jay, Sam, and his fellow ghosts, who know the sweet person beneath the bro exterior. This season Flower got some closure with her brother. 

BUT… these are just the start of their new journeys on the road to finding peace/being able to move on. Thor, I suspect, will have to come to terms with why his crew left him behind, and I suspect he didn’t live up to ideals of Viking masculinity and he needs to come to terms with it. Sas seems like he was very optimistic in life, and he is holding on to a lot of bitterness from dying so young—never falling in love or telling his story—and he needs to let it go. Isaac and Hetty I think both just need time to enjoy a “life” on Earth unshackled by the expectations that made them so miserable in their respective lives. Alberta needs to embrace her worth as a person outside of being famous, which we saw her start to do in episode two. She also needs to embrace deeper connections with others, which we’ve seen her do all through the series. Flower needs to form a greater sense of identity, since in life she was so easily led around by the cult and the commune and hippy culture in general. Pete needs to connect with his own feelings, and not be such an inveterate people pleaser, which we saw him make strides with last season, thanks in no small part to Nancy. And finally, it’s been all but stated outright that Trevor wants true love. So in the long term, I think when those much deeper arcs are resolved (which will hopefully take many, many seasons) we will see our ghosts ascend.

I think the upstairs ghosts have become a family and they really don't want to leave each other. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I love that he likes the show "Evil" :D. I would be all for a crossover between the two shows! That'd be fun. 

I also like the idea of a genuinely creepy ghost haunting the area, and exploring how the group deals with that. That'd make for an interesting episode, too, yes. 

• Love 2

‘Ghosts’ Conjures Tara Reid As Guest Star To Reunite With Trevor

EXCLUSIVE: Ghosts fans are in for a treat with the addition of Tara Reid (American Pie, Sharknado) to the cast in a guest starring role. She will appear in the episode titled “Trevor’s Body” airing in the new year.

Reid will portray movie star Tara Reid, 90s crush, and Hampton’s acquaintance of Trevor Lefkowitz (Asher Grodman), who has come to the mansion to attend his memorial in the wake of his remains being found. 

Laraine Newman (Saturday Night Live) and Chip Zien (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) will also guest star in the episode as Trevor’s parents, Esther and Lenny Lefkowitz, respectively. The Lefkowitzes visit Woodstone Mansion when Trevor’s body is discovered in the lake. When Trevor discovers they’re now divorced, he encourages Sam (Rose McIver) to throw a “parent trap” memorial to get them back together

https://deadline.com/2022/10/ghosts-tara-reid-cast-guest-star-trevor-lefkowitz-1235152492/

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Neptune said:

‘Ghosts’ Conjures Tara Reid As Guest Star To Reunite With Trevor

EXCLUSIVE: Ghosts fans are in for a treat with the addition of Tara Reid (American Pie, Sharknado) to the cast in a guest starring role. She will appear in the episode titled “Trevor’s Body” airing in the new year.

Reid will portray movie star Tara Reid, 90s crush, and Hampton’s acquaintance of Trevor Lefkowitz (Asher Grodman), who has come to the mansion to attend his memorial in the wake of his remains being found. 

Laraine Newman (Saturday Night Live) and Chip Zien (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) will also guest star in the episode as Trevor’s parents, Esther and Lenny Lefkowitz, respectively. The Lefkowitzes visit Woodstone Mansion when Trevor’s body is discovered in the lake. When Trevor discovers they’re now divorced, he encourages Sam (Rose McIver) to throw a “parent trap” memorial to get them back together

https://deadline.com/2022/10/ghosts-tara-reid-cast-guest-star-trevor-lefkowitz-1235152492/

This storyline sounds amazing. And yay for getting to meet another ghost's family members!

• Like 2