Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Money, Honey!

• Start Topic

This ep didn't drag me as much as the previous ones. The theme felt missing, and I think it was the song choices; I'm less familiar with most of them, so I didn't enjoy them. 

When Poppy opened, while I knew the song, she didn't seem as energetic with it so I knew it wouldn't be a threepeat, but she was clearly safe. 

The winners were basically winners by default. Not sure I agree with a shared winner, but whatever.

As for the elimination:

Spoiler

Donna and Jackie were rightfully the bottom two IMO. 

And I'm pretty much positive that the results are all predetermined anyways; maybe not the winners but the elimination order probably is. 

Carson clearly recognized Jackie during the comments after her performance, and as others noted, she was "scheduled" for elimination when Carson was judging. 

• Love 1

I loved Thirty's transformation this episode!  On the other hand, I think the designers did Milli dirty with that horrendous curler-tard.  That was a bigger mistake than the flub with the robe's belt.  

I love how enthusiastic Carson is while the queens are performing.  He is really enjoying the show!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It was weird watching Poppy this time. To me it wasn't that she seemed lower energy per se. I thought I could see her counting the beats. That's usually an amateur move. Someone with dance experience...it was odd. Not the worst, but such a good song it was sort of a bummer not to see it knocked out of the park.  It made me wonder if there were less rehearsal time available, or they changed the choreo last minute, or what. Or maybe it was just an off day, which I realize humans sometimes have. I was more confused than anything though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, howiveaddict said:

You could tell that Carson knew who Jackie was week 1.  I wonder if all the judges know who the performers are?  They don't try to guess like on other shows like this.

I think they do. I mean, they’re all pretty obvious lol.

4 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

You could tell that Carson knew who Jackie was week 1.  

I give the show points for broadcasting that he knew. There was no way he couldn’t and if Carson haD been all “Oh my God, Tom - I never would’ve guessed it was you!” I would’ve thought the show was faker than I already kind of assume it is. LOL

• Like 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think they do. I mean, they’re all pretty obvious lol.

Especially the women.  The transformations are not as drastic with them.

8 hours ago, theatremouse said:

It was weird watching Poppy this time. To me it wasn't that she seemed lower energy per se. I thought I could see her counting the beats. That's usually an amateur move. Someone with dance experience...it was odd. Not the worst, but such a good song it was sort of a bummer not to see it knocked out of the park.  It made me wonder if there were less rehearsal time available, or they changed the choreo last minute, or what. Or maybe it was just an off day, which I realize humans sometimes have. I was more confused than anything though.

I wondered if Poppy was going to end up in the bottom.  She was really seeking advice out backstage, wanting to put the work into it and create a great performance.  Ru's advice was to sissy it up, and I think that adding more feminine movements and touches would be a next step for Poppy.

I don't watch the Masked Singed since my hate for Jenny McCarthy has never waned but I don't mind this show's second season's change to ape it. I liked the first season's format too.  Maybe if there's a season three the producers will change the format again. 

My boyfriend and I are so bad at guessing celebs at one point we're like "is Elektra Owl Paula Abdul??" I heart Taylor Dayne so much and was so glad to see her again! We were also way off on Jackie. 

I told him my guesses of AJ from BSB as Poppy and Kevin McHale as Chik Li Fay. He's been wrong way more than I have. LOL

• Like 1