Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Storylines: Remember when Beecher took a dump on Shillinger's face?

Meredith Quill

I always remember what season Beecher went off the rails, because I used to work with a total Oz fanatic, and whenever he thought somebody was getting crazy and unreasonable with him, he'd say, "Now, don't go all season 2 Beecher on me!"

• Love 2

The riot was definitely the best overall storyline, IMO. It was cool to see the prisoners band together then implode

Definitely am with you. After I read your post a few days ago, I rewatched the riot. Awesome.

I remember watching Oz (disc by disc) via Netflix in a condo I lived in. I have a vivid memory of me physically jumping out of my seat and yelling at the end of that episode. I was so into all of it! And Beecher just kicks ass a million different ways in that episode. All these years later, Ryan still made my heart skip a beat.

Sometimes I would like to capture those moments again. Jumping up, wishing a friend or companion had been there to share a high five. Yet ok being alone because I would yell odd things like "fuck this is good!"

• Love 1

I will always love Ryan (sexy thing, he was).  He may be the Iago, but he is just the very best.  I'm mad at myself b/c it is so wrong, but I loved Ryan and Gloria.  

I also appreciated Alvarez and his messed up storylines.  Meaty stuff that was emotional and crazy (oh god, the eyes!).  

• Love 1

Schillinger just won an Oscar last night. I am so happy..he was always a great actor and he gave schillinger layers.. He was not just a mustache twirling villain...congratulations to a wonderful actor....

Congratulations to him! It was always fun to see him play such different characters as he was splitting time between Oz and Law and Order

• Love 1

It's not my favorite storyline (I'd have to think about what that one is), but my all-time favorite small moment is in season 2 when Schillinger is asking around for someone to kill Beecher, and his last resort is Adebisi.  He steels himself to go ask, sits down next to him, the two exchange glances, with Adebisi's face saying "what the hell do you want?", and then Schillinger just wordlessly realizes it's not going to happen and walks away.  Their faces during that scene are GOLDEN.

The runner-up for "best non-verbal scene" is during the boxing episodes when Ryan bets against Wangler, goes to put the chloride in his water, then shrugs and realizes he doesn't need to because Wangler will lose anyway.  

• Love 2

I'm watching this show via On Demand now, as my parents refused to let me watch this when it originally aired. And thank goodness because this shit is INTENSE.

I'm currently on season four and I do have to say I really enjoy Beecher completely cracking, and when Schillinger was persona non grata when he wanted someone to kill Beecher.

I also think the riot plotline was really good. Everyone did some amazing acting and I like that the ramifications played out throughout subsequent seasons.

Oh and Sister Peter Marie considering leaving the nunhood because of Keller's crazy ass. Can't blame her though, Chris Meloni is fine as hell.

• Love 1
On 8/20/2014 at 10:23 AM, spaceytraci1208 said:

The episodes following Beecher's break into Crazy Beecher are some of my favorites, particularly the moment mentioned in the thread title

Seeing Beecher go from timid to a badass was a joy to watch. Probably my favorite scene though was when he fucked up Vern's parole. He was so enjoying it but then Augustus pointed out that yeah, great, but now he's still around.  

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2015 at 11:22 PM, TrininisaScorp said:

I will always love Ryan (sexy thing, he was).  He may be the Iago, but he is just the very best.  I'm mad at myself b/c it is so wrong, but I loved Ryan and Gloria.  

I also appreciated Alvarez and his messed up storylines.  Meaty stuff that was emotional and crazy (oh god, the eyes!).  

I really enjoyed Ryan and Gloria as well.  I also really liked Alvarez.  That guy was a great actor.  

A moment I loved was during the riot. Abedisi goes into an office and is twirling around and blowing on a noisemaker.  He nods to O'Reily and it's hilarious.  

• Love 1
On 10/4/2014 at 7:32 PM, KnoxForPres said:

Definitely am with you. After I read your post a few days ago, I rewatched the riot. Awesome.

I remember watching Oz (disc by disc) via Netflix in a condo I lived in. I have a vivid memory of me physically jumping out of my seat and yelling at the end of that episode. I was so into all of it! And Beecher just kicks ass a million different ways in that episode.

My favorite Beecher moment during the riot is when he smacks a tied-up and withdrawal-wracked Adebisi and says, "That's what you get for stealing my watch!"

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:49 PM, sasha206 said:

Seeing Beecher go from timid to a badass was a joy to watch. Probably my favorite scene though was when he fucked up Vern's parole. He was so enjoying it but then Augustus pointed out that yeah, great, but now he's still around.  

Did it really matter? Vern ran things inside and outside of prison with impunity! Father Mukada had to beg him to release Beacher's daughter when his kids were kidnapped by supremacists! ;-(