Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Starry Starry Night

• Start Topic

Yes, please JoJo is on my last nerve, and not just as a judge (BTW, in addition to Comfort, Cat has barely aged!)! I can deal a little with Leah and thank goodness for "mute" button!!

That was a travesty - Beau should have gone. I really don't understand this bottom 3, because like what just happened, they "couldn't decide". 

I had totally forgotten that the guys were supposed to be fighting over a girl. Maybe they could have rewritten the story and said they forgot about the girl and liked each other more! It was good to see Sasha & Emma, though!

The rest were OK. I did like the Comfort Raylyn hip hop even though Raylyn wasn't as good as Comfort (who is?). 

10 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

That was a travesty - Beau should have gone. I really don't understand this bottom 3, because like what just happened, they "couldn't decide". 

I think it was decided long before they knew who the F3 was that this would be a non-elimination week. The description for next week said 'The top 6 perform again,' and it came out before this episode even aired. They likely had a finale date planned and then worked the eliminations/non-eliminations around that.

10 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

It KILLS me when someone says “Oh, they’d be good on Broadway,”. Thousands of dancers dream of being able to dance (or sing) on Broadway.  It’s tremendously hard to join a Broadway cast, even in the ensemble.  You have to be extraordinarily talented.  I can think of only a few of the SYTYCD cast that have danced/performed on Broadway.  Alex Wong , Thayne Jasperson, Ariana Dubois, Neil Haskell, Evan Kasprzk, and Jess LePronto. 

Melanie Moore.

Your point still stands.

11 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

It KILLS me when someone says “Oh, they’d be good on Broadway,”. Thousands of dancers dream of being able to dance (or sing) on Broadway.  It’s tremendously hard to join a Broadway cast, even in the ensemble.  You have to be extraordinarily talented.  I can think of only a few of the SYTYCD cast that have danced/performed on Broadway.  Alex Wong , Thayne Jasperson, Ariana Dubois, Neil Haskell, Evan Kasprzk, and Jess LePronto. 

Jess LeProtto is my all time favorite from this show. He has had quite a lucrative career on Broadway. He was also in West Side Story 2022. Enjoy this video......

Jess LeProtto Resume Through Dance

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

I had totally forgotten that the guys were supposed to be fighting over a girl. Maybe they could have rewritten the story and said they forgot about the girl and liked each other more! 

Ha ha! I love this! I totally felt this vibe.  Honestly, I thought they were sexy and had great chemistry.  

I really enjoyed the dancing on this episode! It was so great to see the all-stars. The skill levels are INSANE.

Comfort is effortless AWESOME. She is the only all-star I recognized. 

My fave dance of the night might have been the zombie hip hop. It was fun and I thought the dancers' moves were crisp, tight and well in sync. 

Ah, Beau. Sigh. His routine didn't center him AT ALL. I know he's not considered an up to par dancer compared to others, but he could have gotten a routine that allowed him to display his talents and centered him more. I feel the other dancers were pushed and allowed to shine, even if the dance wasn't in their style. Beau was just marginalized, a prop for his all-star 

Who were the dancers who did angsty contemporary in the shredded fairy dresses? That may have been my least favorite dance of the night. 

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, realdancemom said:

I admit that I've watched Lex and Beau's dance a bunch of times since last week.  Lex is just brilliant in it.  Beau is just there and I'm still wishing it was Thiago.

I actually watched Comfort's half of the hip hop the most haha. I agree with tWitch, the musicality of that program is unhinged, and Luther Brown is a G(enius? ansgter? Both) for it. And Comfort really should be considered one of the best dancers ever from this show, even if she really only became that during her stint as an all star. (she was amazing at hip hop in season 4, but not necessarily other things. Now she's an outstanding hip hop dancer, and season 14 showed she can do a bunch of other things too)

Edited by displayname
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Gino Cosculluela, who placed third last season is (was?) in the current revival of The Music Man with Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster

16 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

Ricky Ubeda won a role but then did other Broadway shows.  Like others, just mentioning somebody else even though your point is still correct.