Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Here's Looking at You

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, MisterGlass said:

From the last season I took it as a couple years since Charles had last seen Lucy, not eight.  If they haven't seen each other in eight years, and if she is 16, that means he was her parent from age 2 to 8. 

That also meant that Lucy had a cell phone when she was 8, since Charles was able to text her. Not impossible, but not very common back then.

Mabel is about 12 years older than Lucy, right?

Loose ends! The opening got me excited for the rest of the episode. I didn't expect to suddenly meet Lucy. 

Charles yelling at the voice to text on the phone was very funny and silly. Also "you can play games on your telephone." 😄

Aww, poor Will. 

I guess Teddy being back with an ankle monitor awaiting trial makes sense. I'm happy to have Nathan Lane back so I won't complain.

I love that Lucy proved to be too young for even Mabel to comprehend. I got most of it but they also threw in some nonsense. Would she be Gen Z or Alpha? She looks like a teenager.

The murder weapon just appearing in the knife block was almost more chaotic than finding Bunny on the brink of death and the painting appearing. I like the idea that they're dealing with a real mastermind this season. Though I'm starting to wonder if the person has accomplices. 

Oliver throwing the knife into the ceiling was so dumb but I cackled.

The architecture of the building makes even less sense to me now... but I love secret passageways!

I know the guy in the suit with Nina. David T. Patterson was in a production of Picnic a couple years ago. And yes, he is super hot.

Oh my God, the ACTING in that scene between Teddy and Theo. I've been enjoying the lighter tone this season but that was great.

That was a nice scene between Charles and Nina. And as expected, the red herring was dropped quickly. 

It's been 8 years since he's seen Lucy??? 

Speaking of timelines, what was the timeline for this day? How did Oliver still have enough time to run over to see Will? How long were they keeping those kids at rehearsal? Was it a weekend?

Oliver bribing kids with Skittles is just so in character.

Oh... they're really giving us a build for the murderer now. 

Visiting Jan in prison was NOT a return of a character I saw coming. I appreciate that, except for dead bodies, this show is willing to call in anyone at any time.

I don’t recognize the guy’s build at all unless it’s Nina’s baby daddy since we haven’t seen much of him yet. 

That would be misleading. David is huge. He's like a giant (easily over 6 ft) and has a muscular build like one of those comic book movie guys. It's difficult to gauge but to me, it looked like someone around 5'7 - 5'10, who was neither notably skinny nor fat. It looked like the person fit the jumpsuit. It wasn't tight but there wasn't a ton of extra fabric. It just hung a little loose as you'd expect for that kind of outfit. 

Unless they're tricking us... but that would be an unfair bluff. 

Oh, it's Lucy! Coming back to show us that the Arconia is riddled with secret "dimly lit?"passageways, where you can clearly hear people, but they can't hear you. 

I'm letting that go as a choice to let the audience hear all the dialogue. Which I appreciate since this is one of the few newer shows where I don't need the subtitles because everyone is mumbling. (I do turn them on once in a while, like for Lucy to make sure I caught all the "teen speak.") 

Anybody know what that thing was that Nina was going to put on the roof? Maybe it was a dirigible that allows people to fly from rooftop to rooftop of all the buildings in Manhattan to save commute time?

I was thinking it was either expanding the building with new apartments/more amenities for residents or else creating a space that would bring in non-residents... like a rooftop bar. Whatever it was, it was hideous. 

8 years seems to be a lot of time for Charles to still be pining over that relationship and loss of Lucy.  Occasional thoughts, sure.  But still making omelets on a regular basis?  That's a bit weird and obsessive.  In season 1 I thought that breakup had been not as far in the past, like only a year or two. 

I assume the writers are keeping track but this timeline doesn't make the most sense to me.

IRL, I do not have any idea whether Steve Martin’s recorded music has been sampled by rap artists.

But someone just has to now!  Can we petition Lizzo to sample King Tut?  That would be amazing! 

lol, I was thinking of the banjo stuff. But your idea works better.