Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06 Herogasm

• Start Topic

Only started this series last month and, while I would be hesitant to call it "good" overall, it's entertaining.  

Favorite part of this episode was definitely nasty little Termite getting ground into the concrete by Homelander's boot.  Felt like an homage to the 1950’s movie 'The Fly' but I cried for days after seeing the little fly/scientist mashup get splattered as he wailed in terror at the approaching spider.  Termite's squish just cracked me up.  Nasty little bastard deserved it for ruining MM's favorite jacket and trying to highjack Frenchie's very personal space.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2022 at 10:37 PM, Dobian said:

Frenchie and Kimiko is the best relationship on this show.

The actors draw you in.  A really bright spot on this show.  I do find myself watching most of their scenes.

On 6/29/2022 at 4:36 AM, Smad said:

Maeve on the other hand would have been such a fascinating character to explore but the showrunners don't want to. Never did.

On 6/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, Quark said:

very impressed with the acting overall, particularly from Anthony Starr and the woman that plays Kimiko (Karen Fukahira?). I've seen Jensen Ackles on Supernatural; he's a decent actor, I just don't think he's been given a lot to work with as Soldier Boy.

I agree on the Maeve comment.  I agree on Kimiko being a compelling character.  I also believe that Jensen is still a fantastic actor. Soldier Boy is a character that is just scratching the surface but isn't fleshed out yet.

My complaint about this show isn't some actor being bad or weak.  I can see the acting chops of the series.  I'm just not a fan of the series.  I've fast forward through so many sections of every ep in this season.

I started season 1 and just stopped watching.  I did jump to season 3 but haven't had any real issues with not watching most of the show as everything is painted out pretty well and you can figure it out.  I just don't enjoy it.

I remember being in college and they were talking about what an awesome play it was when it was really how many bad words they could put into the show.  If you cut the words, what was there...not much.  I wasn't in awe of the play, nor did I agree with their assessment.  I find myself feeling the same way about this show.

Not putting down fans of the show.  Jensen is doing a fine with the material, it's just not a compelling story for me.  As Starlight reveals what has happened and she spells out that she is quitting.  I'm asking why should I continue?

I'm not into what the story is selling.  Sorry Jensen, still a fan of yours, but if Supernatural had been this gory and bloody, I wouldn't have lasted the 15 seasons. 

Karl Urban works for his character and his acting is top-notch.  I don't like Homelander, so he isn't a draw for me to watch this show.  Again, the actor is fine.  This is the best for Starlight and a good place to stop the show.

I might give the next ep a shot, but I know my viewing of The Boys is at the end.  I don't have a desire to watch season 2 nor will I be back for season 4.  It's not for me.  For the fans of the show, enjoy. 

Jensen got me to give the show a second chance, but he's not enough for me to want more.

6 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I might give the next ep a shot, but I know my viewing of The Boys is at the end.  I don't have a desire to watch season 2 nor will I be back for season 4.  It's not for me.  For the fans of the show, enjoy. 

Jensen got me to give the show a second chance, but he's not enough for me to want more.

I totally understand that POV. It's a show that indulges a lot of what Kripke enjoys in terms of blood and guts (I'm sure he wishes he could've done more of it on his actual horror show), which definitely isn't for everyone. It's funny, because there was another board where I was discussing this show, there's a vocal group that's just obsessed with Homelander, but I agree with you - I think the actor's great, but if the character died tomorrow, I'd be totally ready to move on from him. 

I think sometimes that I watch the show wrong, because the two that I really obsess over (akin to my Dean love in SPN, want to check out other things their actors are in etc), are Frenchie and Kimiko, and they're the least connected to the plot. 😆

• Like 1