Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06 Herogasm

• Start Topic

(edited)

You're invited to the 70th Annual Herogasm! You must present this invitation in order to be admitted! Same rules as always: no cameras, no non-Supe guest unless they sign an NDA

Airdate 06.24.22 (official)

Screenshot-2022-06-23-212705.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1

Wow! I'll try not to write any spoilers. 

Kind of expected Hughie and Annie stuff, did not expect A-Train! Redemption?

Poor Deep (not really) he cannot catch a break! 

I wonder what is up with Black Noir? 

How awesome were the scenes with Karl, Antony, and Jensen?

Going to watch again now!

• Love 7
(edited)

Wow, what a heart-pumping hour of television! That final fight was amazing; I can't begin to express how utterly satisfying it was to finally see Homelander get his ass kicked. And they could've gotten him for good if Soldier Boy didn't take so long to charge up! I knew it couldn't be that easy, but a part of me was still desperate for them to succeed.

Wonder why halothane doesn't work on Soldier Boy anymore. There seems to be nothing else that could contain him long-term, now. 

Great character development across the board, too. And good on Starlight for not compromising; we always need at least one of those in such a morally-gray show.

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Like 1
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, MAK said:

I don't think it counts as spoilers once the episode has aired.

So the Herogasm really wasn't the focus of the episode at all. I did laugh at the love sausage, and oh my, Deep really does, err, love his seafood. Ick.

It was sooo satisfying to see Homelander get taken down, even if temporarily and even if it took all three of them. Antony, Karl and Jensen killed it! It does seem like the Russian music triggers the big boom in Soldier Boy, and that it takes time to recharge. And the Halothene (or whatever it was called) doesn't work!

Also satisfying to see Bluehawk get his. What do we think about A-Train though? Yikes! I enjoyed seeing Annie take back her power and tell Vicky to fuck off - I think she's going to be the MVP of the season. Though I think she's totally wrong about Soldier Boy - but she didn't get to see and hear what we did.

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

That was intense.  Little Nina needs to die, right now.

Or sooner, if possible. I feel bad for Kimiko believing she's a monster. But how did she survive those punches to the gut? They were starting to squelch. Jeez. Are her powers coming back?

• Love 14

Soldier Boy really is a product of his time. A dinosaur, but not an evil dinosaur. He could've taken out MM but didn't. He had no intention of hurting anyone but the twins. It really makes me wonder where they are headed with his character.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

Ashley telling off A-Train was great.

-

Those poor fuckers at herogasm. Didn't seem like they deserved it. They mentioned sex workers being there and potentially getting hurt. But it seemed nothing like in the comics, where Vaught organised the event on an island, the sex workers couldn't leave and most ended up dead. Here it seemed everybody could leave and I didn't see any serious injuries, before soldier boy blasted off.

Figures that Soldier boy and Stormfront invented the whole thing.

Glad that Love Sausage survived. Favourite minor character.

8 minutes ago, MAK said:

The Hughie-Annie-stuff bothers me a bit. Seems like they are trying to make that out like some kind of macho stuff. But it must be extremely frustrating and scary, living in a world of superpowered individuals, that can snuff you out in a heartbeat and not being able to protect the person you love, always having to rely on them to protect you, no matter what gender you are.

I'm curious if A-Train is really dead or if he survived his little run.

8 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

I can't begin to express how utterly satisfying it was to finally see Homelander get his ass kicked.

That was nice. If only the coward hadn't flown away. That must have been a massive blow to his ego.

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Soldier Boy really is a product of his time. A dinosaur, but not an evil dinosaur.

He does seem evil in the way a lot of these supes are. By callously disregarding other people's lifes, feelings, etc. He just threw a car through a house people lived in and apparently killed not just the one family, but a bunch. Also you know there had to be some reason why his team hated him so much, they sold him out to the russians for free.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Great fight scene. Homelander is going to be prepared now but if Butcher and Hughie can figure out it is the music that triggers Soldier Boy, they might be able to get him, or at least take away his powers.

I hope that is the end of A-train. It felt like it. He apologized to Hughie and got his revenge. 

Good for Starlight, staying true to herself. I'm glad she quit and used her platform to tell the truth. 

Between getting his ass kicked and the storm that Soldier Boy's return and Starlight's video is going to cause, Homelander is going to need a lot of mirror time.

LOL at Homelander sending the Deep, who spent his time getting busy with an octopus.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Wow.

Just. Wow.

That was so good.

I LOVED! the hotel scenes so much. Karl Urban was right. Jensen Ackles has most definitely carved out his own unique supe character on this show. My insides might have melted when he looked at Hughie and said "I'm not a bad guy."-and this, even if he is one.

The chemistry between Jensen Ackles, Karl Urban, and Jack Quaid is off the charts to me. Ackles and Urban especially. 

Little Nina needs to die. Kimiko is a warrior. Love Frenchie for loving her. And vice versa. I'd like to see them get out and away.

A-Train finally and truly "manning up" might have cost him his life. We'll see.

That fight at the end held lots of surprises for Homelander. Intense.

MM and Soldier Boy's small encounter was Gold, especially Soldier Boy breathing in the gas and Butcher calling Soldier Boy off.

Homelander's mirror scene-A+.

Herogasm barely registered for me excepting for all those bodies afterwards. 

My only complaint in this one was Annie. 

She's just not doing it for me. I mean I guess her character is a necessity on a show like this, but I'm just not feelin' her. But then again, maybe it's just because she's too good to me in this show full of such altogether fun baddies and pseudo-heroes.

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Though I think she's totally wrong about Soldier Boy - but she didn't get to see and hear what we did

I think she's wrong about him too.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Holy mother of crap...That was A LOT! Still processing....

I didn't think we'd get the fight between Soldier Boy and Homelander so soon! I'm guessing it's just part one of the fight?

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, BabySpinach said:

Wow, what a heart-pumping hour of television! That final fight was amazing; I can't begin to express how utterly satisfying it was to finally see Homelander get his ass kicked. And they could've gotten him for good if Soldier Boy didn't take so long to charge up! I knew it couldn't be that easy, but a part of me was still desperate for them to succeed

I was hoping that they might have at least taken his powers away.

It looked like Soldier Boy was in pain and hurting a lot again from powering up  there too. I wonder why. I thought he had it somewhat under control when he killed Crimson Countess. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 1
(edited)

The fight scene with Butcher, Hughie,  Soldier Boy, and Homelander was awesome! All the actors deserve all the praise!

Homelander talking to himself in the mirror was perfect. Antony is so talented! Shades of the Green Goblin scenes in the old Spiderman movie.

I really want them tell us a timeline now. Soldier Boy and Liberty started Herogasm in 52? So he doesn't who she really was. If he doesn't age, and became a Vought product during WWII, he's supposed to be late 30s early 40s? Is he supposed to have been in WWI? And he's been a druggie since WWII, so, kind of before he became part of all Hollywood glamor and excess? Wonder why?

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Soldier Boy really is a product of his time. A dinosaur, but not an evil dinosaur.

He might not have malicious intent, but he doesn't really seem to have any empathy for unintended victims, like MM's family. Only cares about how the deaths would reflect on him. His general opinions and attitudes are definitely in keeping with the 80s. Everyone who was not part of his life thought of Cosby as "America's Dad."

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It does seem like the Russian music triggers the big boom in Soldier Boy, and that it takes time to recharge.

Is it more related to his emotions also? There was no Russian music with the Countess. The music might be triggering his PTSD and so he lets off an explosion involuntarily, but to actually focus and control the energy, he might need to get really angry, and Homelander is kind of nothing to him, so he couldn't get it up, so to speak.

Felt so bad for MM! His self-awareness of his trauma, his coping techniques, and his inability to control any of it was heartbreaking. (Of course he would get hit with all the bodily fluids.) His conversations with Annie, no more Starlight, are the best scenes! Her having quit, makes me think, she is going to be the Alpha at the end.

Kimiko and Frenchie were so sad. How did she survive that beat down? Is she getting her powers back, but slowly? And how many supes lost their power when SB exploded? Didn't seem like Butcher and Hughie had any ill effects. Do the supes have tombe hit with the blast directly, like Kimiko was?

Random... but how much of her own hair does Ashley still have? She must be using extensions? 

Edited by MAK
Added some lines.
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

1) Poor Kimiko

emma-stone-crying.gif

2) The pop culture references made me a chuckle... a lot.

3) MM's reaction to his jacket. "WHAT THE FUCK DID THIS MUTHAFUCKA JUST PUT ON MY JACKET?" -- Hilarious!

4) Well, that little fight scene with Homelander, Soldier Boy, and Butcher (featuring Hughie) was interesting...

penny-unsure.gif

That would have been an amazing episode even if there weren't any nude people in it.

Starlight could definitely take Congresswoman Neuman.

Best Laugh: Hughie popped Starlight out of her Superhero Suit. That would be a great move if Hughie was a Super Villain and he was fighting a female Superhero in front of a crowd.

Lick it up, you yummy Brown Bear!

Send this Emoji if you will be attending Herogasm.

FVpW7LlUsAAY9pm.jpg

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Poor MM!  All that bodily fluid. <shudder>. His scenes w/Annie were fantastic, but I agree with @Myrelle that she’s trying to stand the strict moral ground, without any context in regards to SB’s actions, and that makes for a frustrating & boring character.  And it’s more than apparent that SB is a patriot and cares for the country.  But man his views on fatherhood and Cosby are so so wrong, yet they were funny.  (But it’s odd seeing Dean Winchester snorting crushed pills)

MM needs to let SB stop influencing his decisions.  He’s the best moral compass on this show, right now.  I don’t want his hated to consume him, like it’s done with Butcher.

If SB keeps blacking out during these PTSD attacks, how can he be contained?  I think Starlight will only get herself killed trying to go against him.  And why is she so virulently opposed to SB, but she went along w/HL for all these past years?  HL who caused a plane crash and then milked it to try to get Supes in the military.

Speaking of which, those scenes in front of the mirror were unbelievable.  Antony Starr is just killing it this season.  He deserves an Emmy as lead actor, or at least a nomination.  He’s coming apart at the seams, not only because of SB, but because he now knows Hughie and Butcher have taken some form of V.

I also don’t believe SB is evil or sociopathic.  Just the way he said to Hughie that he didn’t mean to cause the damage & death in Midtown; he seemed a tad sad.

Starr, Ackles, and Urban were all mastery and poetic movement during that fight.

oh Deep...You better not get this sea life killed.  It looked to me aft that one scene talking w/HL, that Deep was getting frustrated w/his wife.  I hope so, as I don’t like her and believe this storyline is the weakest of them all.

Blue Hawk, u reap what you sew, you racist pig.  Looks like A-Train might be a goner.  But I really believed he was sincere in his apology.  Still, at least Hughie got in one good punch.

Still no word on Queen Maeve.

Why did Noir take out his chip?  I don’t think SB can track him, since I’m sure there no chips back then.  Is he running to Edgar?  Is he running to join SB?

So there’s only one left to go,  Mindstorm, not counting Noir.

What’s Vickie’s play?  She chose HL over Edgar, then tries to join forces w/Annie against HL.  Starlight has me worried over her smack down to Victoria.

Speaking of smackdown, Boy did Ashley need to get some steam off.  It was nice hearing her tell off A-Train, tho I actually sympathized w/him in a way.  However Ashley won’t have any hair left by the end of the series, if she makes it out alive.

It almost felt like Frenchi & Kimiko were in a different show.  When I saw Cherie handcuffed, I thought that was the end of her.  Good on her, both her & Kimiko, for getting in some licks.  But Nina, I despise you almost as much as HL.  

ETA:  This could possibly be one of the best hours of TV.  Rivaling even ‘The Battle of the Bastards’

Edited by roamyn
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I sincerely hope they don't go 'evil evil' with Soldier Boy. I really feel for him because of his PTSD. 

If he is truly evil, why did he tell Hughie ''I didn't mean to hurt those people''? Why would he care then? 

This was unexpected, that SB wanted his own children with Countess. IMO at this point he's not like the other Supes. 

I guess SB truly believed in what he was doing. That it was something good/important/necessary for his country. He just didn't care about collateral damage or didn't realize it did exist. 

If that SB kidnapping by Russians was on Vought, maybe they were considering SB as a threat because of his fanatical patriotism. He was more competent unlike the other members of his team. Why did they hate him so much? They might've been just jealous of him. 

The fight between Soldier Boy, Homelander and Butcher was great! That's what a fight between superpowered characters should look like! SPN fans might understand, what I'm referring to. 😄

Hughie/Annie conversation this time felt like SPN ''When The Levee Breaks'' even better than the last time. Not direct quotes, but I'm talking about Annie's ''it's not drugs....It's all you''. Just like ''That's not what you're doing, that's what you are''. Right?

Edited by Nick24
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

What an episode, damn. Firing on all cylinders now. Was glad to see A Train develop empathy after his brother's injuries and go out doing something that mattered. Was highly amused by Love Sausage. Felt so fucking bad for MM,  Frenchie and Kimiko, all of whom have been through way too much. Can see how they're getting the latter two back in the fold now - revisit their trauma to  crush their optimism about a different future ("no one can run that fast"). Proud of Annie for finally quitting. The fight scenes were top notch. Homelander's conversation with the mirror was maybe a bit cliche, but well done. Soldier Boy continues to be interesting - not the monster I expected, but not really a hero either. The revelation that he doesn't remember the destruction he causes is really interesting - would be have let the twins go? 

These last two eps are gonna be insane, I can tell. I'm bummed about the fractures in the team - you can tell Butcher still cares about all of them to some extent ("Can't let you do it, M, it'd be suicide", "Hughie, get out of here!", "Frenchie's always wanted to see this. He'll be heartbroken."), but I don't know if they can all be together again. Looks like the factions are probably gonna last through the end of the season, but maybe the team will re-form in S4? 

Edited by Aithne
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, MAK said:

Is it more related to his emotions also? There was no Russian music with the Countess. The music might be triggering his PTSD and so he lets off an explosion involuntarily, but to actually focus and control the energy, he might need to get really angry, and Homelander is kind of nothing to him, so he couldn't get it up, so to speak.

I think there are two aspects, both tied to his emotions. He seemed to call it up and 'aim' it at the Countess when he was hurt and angry, but also in control and focused on her. I don't know if it's straight up PTSD or if he's been Winter Soldier'd (or maybe Manchurian Candidate'd is more appropriate for his time). But both instances now where the Russian music triggered him, he was not 'emotional' (he seemed to have lost his intent to kill the twins and focus on Noir/Vought. It was the music that brought on the emotion that resulted in the explosions, both here and on the street. He admitted to Hughie that he 'blacked out' for ten minutes or so in the city, and he said "what happened?" when he came down the stairs to Butcher after going off here. He was rubbing his chest, like it pained him - he didn't do that after Crimson Countess, and was fully aware of what he'd done.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

I loved it. It cracked me up also, her realizing she’s telling him off “out… loud.” 😂

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, AntFTW said:

Hughie trying to start an altercation or fight when A-Train, was that an attempt to empty the place for less casualties or actual in the moment anger?

IMO, it was a flex. He had V running in his system. He felt confident about giving A-Train a beat down, you could see it on Hughie's face. (Kudos to Jack Quaid!). He wanted A-Train to throw a punch or at least shove him. He was not expecting an actual apology,  and when A-Train apologized, like truly apologized, that was Hughie's emotional response when he threw the punch. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I'm glad Herogasm wasn't the center of the episode. I know it was promoted as such, but it did lead to the surprise three vs one fight between Homelander and SB, Hughie, and Butcher. So that was fun. And it was a good fight, too. Homelander seemed so caught off guard that it allowed an opening for the three to actually harm him. Impressive work by the show to have such an intense fight scene.

I guess that's the end for A-Train (presumably), and pretty much how I expected him to go out, by killing Blue Hawk and then his heart giving out. They did make it obvious that it was his end, through Ashley calling him out on his hypocrisy and then through his apology for Hughie. But I think this is as far as his story could go, so I'm fine with it. But kudos to Jessie Usher for giving such a great performance.

I will say, Antony Starr is doing an impeccable job as Homelander this season. I'm glad this show IS showing all layers of Homelander, even his more human side. I didn't expect a dual scene with him, but it worked. Seeing Homelander fall apart at the seams is incredible. It doesn't mean he's good, but it just adds to the complexity of the character. 

So, yeah, SB is a dick and definitely not a good guy if he can callously toss cars into people's homes and have little regard for his actions, even in the past, but not like Homelander much at all. He doesn't seem to want to kill any innocents, which is a good sign (though, again, he did toss a car through MM's window). I did think he could join Homelander but now, maybe not. However, it does make me lean toward the idea that he won't be lasting long. Maybe he can survive to next season, but it's unlikely.

MM and Annie teaming up was great. Annie needs to team up with more people not Supes or Hughie, and MM is the perfect person to team up with. I felt bad when he got the brunt of Herogasm. 

I did understand both sides of the Hughie/Annie fight. Of course Annie's pissed that Hughie seems to have the toxic masculinity mindset of needing to be a saviour to her and that he keeps harping on that part. It's not like Hughie is saying that he wants to be able to protect himself against Supes; he's admitted that it's about saving Annie and how he wants to be stronger. But he does live in a world with Supes killing left and right, so I DO think his feeling of helplessness makes sense. Still, Annie feels like Hughie is losing himself to the V (which he is, in a way) but also that this is showing his true colours, while Hughie feels like he needs to be useful and this is the only way how.

I wish they had explored more of Hughie's tech side back in the first season. I think that would have been a great compromise to all this.

Also, it seems like maybe Kimiko might not have lost all her powers if she was able to survive shots and stabs by Nina's men. And I hope that her and Frenchie CAN get out of this, but Nina on the run doesn't guarantee that.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3

The acting this season is phenomenal:  I thought Homelander, Ashley, Soldier Boy all knocked it out of the park.  I absolutely loved Ashley dressing down A-train.

I love Kimiko & Frenchie's story.  It's well written and well acted.  I just wish it wasn't so peripheral to the main story line.

I'm going to have to side with Hughie a little bit here.  When he told Annie that it did bother him, sometimes, that she's stronger than him, she got a little self-righteous.  She should have shown him some compassion, like "I understand, I get it, but using temp V isn't the right answer".  Help him get past his insecurity, not judge him for it.  Maybe they'll get there by the end of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, mac123x said:

I love Kimiko & Frenchie's story.  It's well written and well acted.  I just wish it wasn't so peripheral to the main story line.

Agree with this, so much. It's like they are in a different show. So much in fact that I wonder now if Nina isn't more involved with Soldier Boy's Russian experience and ultimate release. Otherwise, it's just weird that they are keeping them all so far removed from the main story.

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, it seems like maybe Kimiko might not have lost all her powers if she was able to survive shots and stabs by Nina's men.

When the big goon was punching her in the guts, it actually started to make a squelching sound (ugh). I don't know how she could have not only survived that, but immediately got up and walked on her own (maybe continued fighting? I can't recall the timeline atm). Frenchie was tending her wounds after, but they should have been much, much worse if not fatal. She has to have regained some healing power, IMO.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I will say, Antony Starr is doing an impeccable job as Homelander this season. I'm glad this show IS showing all layers of Homelander, even his more human side. I didn't expect a dual scene with him, but it worked. Seeing Homelander fall apart at the seams is incredible. It doesn't mean he's good, but it just adds to the complexity of the character

5 hours ago, Aithne said:

The fight scenes were top notch. Homelander's conversation with the mirror was maybe a bit cliche, but well done

Maybe not a popular opinion, but whether it's the writing or the coldness that Antony Starr has heretofore imbued into his character, I'm not feeling one bit of empathy for Homelander, even knowing how he was raised and how he was made. And I do think AS gave it all he had in that mirror scene, but I also think that the writing was very much on the nose in that scene too, but with good reason-that being they're trying to avoid the complete mustache-twirling villain trope with Homelander, thus the "you still have that tiny bit of humanity" schtick-but I fear it's too late now and even that is not working for me.

I still need to see Homelander more fearful of losing everything and more fearful of the threat to his dominance as a supe-which they most certainly did not achieve for me here. Not truly.

I am curious as to whether he saw his alter ego in the mirror after the fight or if that part of his psyche has now fled, too, and as I think he feels Black Noir has done.

In all honesty, I'd love to see Homelander lose his powers as I think that would really test him and challenge him as a character and even truly humble him a bit, even if it's just temporary

Maybe the next fight will give us that, but somehow I highly doubt it.

I think in the writers' minds Homelander has now been humbled some; it just hasn't worked for this viewer. 

We'll see though.

57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

When the big goon was punching her in the guts, it actually started to make a squelching sound (ugh). I don't know how she could have not only survived that, but immediately got up and walked on her own (maybe continued fighting? I can't recall the timeline atm). Frenchie was tending her wounds after, but they should have been much, much worse if not fatal. She has to have regained some healing power, IMO

I think they're coming back too.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I knew I was in for something when I read the sarcastic disclaimer.

When Solider Boy talked about Cosby being America's dad, and "always making the best drinks", I had to pause momentarily and laugh out loud.  With all the stuff that happened, that was a drop in the bucket, but it's quite often the little things in this show that amuse me so.

Edited by StarBrand
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

Good episode. Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm over Starlight. She's a little too self-righteous for my tastes. She's strong but if Soldier Boy can go toe to toe with Homelander why is she so eager to fight him one on one? She was trying to put together a group of people for Homelander, she'll need to do the same for Soldier Boy.

Speaking of I'm really enjoying Jensen's performance; he's a great addition to the season and he has really good chemistry in his scenes with Karl and Jack. The throwdown with the three against Homelander didn't disappoint. Butcher always looks so gleeful when he's fighting which is pretty amusing. Too bad he spent his energy on the TNT twins but I guess that it would be too early to depower Homelander. Interesting parallel to the girls get it done fight with Homelander flying away once he realized that he wasn't going to win as Stormfront did. I was shocked to see an actual bruise on his face at the end.

I do wonder when they're going to bring Frenchie and Kimiko back into the main story. I'm also getting sick of all of the Nina scenes. I hope that we've seen the last of her for the season but I'm guessing Kimiko will be the one to kill her off for Frenchie. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Maybe not a popular opinion, but whether it's the writing or the coldness that Antony Starr has heretofore imbued into his character, I'm not feeling one bit of empathy for Homelander, even knowing how he was raised and how he was made.

I'm actually surprised but, I felt a little sympathy for Homelander in that mirror scene. I'll give props to Antony for being a fantastic actor because I generally hate Homelander and want him to suffer.  That being said it went away pretty quickly and I was totally on team Hughie, Ben, Butcher.

Speaking of Butcher, I was shocked to see that he actually cared about both MM and Hughie.  He was relieved when MM wasn't dead and tried to get Hughie to book before Soldier Boy exploded.

I'm assuming it takes a lot out of him and that's why he took so long to charge up with Homelander, that plus Plot Armor.

I wasn't really sure A-Train was dead dead. I mean they certainly setup an exit but, I'm not 100% sold that he's gone.

I'm glad Frenchie and Kimiko made it out OK. I've been really worried about Frenchie this season. 

I'm sad that Annie and Hughie split up. I can see both sides to that argument.  

OK right Episode 6 thread this time 😄

OK something just occurred to me. Soldier Boy said he started Herogasam in 52 with a Super called Liberty who was a real Firecracker....wasn't Stormfront known as Liberty back in the day?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

OK something just occurred to me. Soldier Boy said he started Herogasam in 52 with a Super called Liberty who was a real Firecracker....wasn't Stormfront known as Liberty back in the day?

Yes, Stormfront and Liberty are the same person - that's why the looks from Hughie and Butcher when he said that. Like, uhh, dude, we've got some more news for you....

• Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I have neglected to give enough kudos to Laz Alonzo. He does such a great job as MM. One of my favourite scenes in this episode was when he tossed the Halothane canister at Soldier Boy and he basically vaped it. The expressions that crossed MM's face in those few seconds told the whole story. I hope we get some kind of explanation why it doesn't work on him anymore.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
56 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes, Stormfront and Liberty are the same person - that's why the looks from Hughie and Butcher when he said that. Like, uhh, dude, we've got some more news for you....

I totally misinterpreted the looks. It took like 20 min for the episode to sink in and the. I was like wait a minute?! 😆

43 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I have neglected to give enough kudos to Laz Alonzo. He does such a great job as MM. One of my favourite scenes in this episode was when he tossed the Halothane canister at Soldier Boy and he basically vaped it. The expressions that crossed MM's face in those few seconds told the whole story. I hope we get some kind of explanation why it doesn't work on him anymore.

You know what I love about MM. He's the total antithesis of Butcher. He's wants revenge but, is willing to put it aside to help people.  I love that he's a truly good person. I worry for his wife/daughter

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

My response to that was "it makes total sense. You were her Nazi savior back in the day but something tells me you don't give a fuck about anyone else's superiority but your own."

Edited by AntFTW
17 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

My response to that was "it makes total sense. You were her Nazi savior back in the day but something tells me you don't give a fuck about anyone else's superiority but your own."

I haven't read the comics. Was it known that she was a Nazi back then? It's always confusing to me that Vought created her to be a Nazi, but the company is so "American" and Soldier Boy fought the Nazi's in WW2.

• Useful 1
17 minutes ago, AntFTW said:

IIRC, no one knew Stormfront/Liberty was  a Nazi when Soldier Boy knew her. I thought that didn't come to light until the present aka Season 2.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I haven't read the comics. Was it known that she was a Nazi back then? It's always confusing to me that Vought created her to be a Nazi, but the company is so "American" and Soldier Boy fought the Nazi's in WW2.

I haven't read the comics either... but I feel like that's not something she would have kept to herself. Also, I'm kinda guessing.

23 hours ago, MAK said:

Poor Deep (not really) he cannot catch a break! 

I wonder what is up with Black Noir? 

How awesome were the scenes with Karl, Antony, and Jensen?

Going to watch again now!

I will try not to spoil too...

Ok. Wondering what is going on with A-train because there was redemption and satisfaction and then finality to his storyline. The Deep misses Timothy.

SB has great chemistry with his half of the Boys and very clear and problematic ptsd.  If only he can sneak up on Homelander when he's not so exhausted.

What is going on with Noir. Is he checking in with Stan, going off the grid... IDK. That was a great scene.

I loved how they used Herogasm.

17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

IIRC, no one knew Stormfront/Liberty was  a Nazi when Soldier Boy knew her. I thought that didn't come to light until the present aka Season 2.

I imagine the insiders at Vought knew because of the conversation Stan Edgar and the church guy (forgot his name) had last season. I felt Stan Edgar implied that it was open secret that she was racist but just not publicly said.

23 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't think it counts as spoilers once the episode has aired.

So the Herogasm really wasn't the focus of the episode at all. I did laugh at the love sausage, and oh my, Deep really does, err, love his seafood. Ick.

It was sooo satisfying to see Homelander get taken down, even if temporarily and even if it took all three of them. Antony, Karl and Jensen killed it! It does seem like the Russian music triggers the big boom in Soldier Boy, and that it takes time to recharge. And the Halothene (or whatever it was called) doesn't work!

Also satisfying to see Bluehawk get his. What do we think about A-Train though? Yikes! I enjoyed seeing Annie take back her power and tell Vicky to fuck off - I think she's going to be the MVP of the season. Though I think she's totally wrong about Soldier Boy - but she didn't get to see and hear what we did.

Or sooner, if possible. I feel bad for Kimiko believing she's a monster. But how did she survive those punches to the gut? They were starting to squelch. Jeez. Are her powers coming back?

I think kimoko's powers are coming back however she may by be unaware so that suggests it's temporary. She should have died and she should not have been that resilient, badass, etc.in her condition.

Also not everyone in the blast radius lost their power. 

MM story was pretty bad but yes he is blasting because of ptsd torture triggering. He has outdated viewpoints characteristic for a man of his upbringing which is viewed negatively; he's not a stone cold killer per se that we have seen aside from Vengeance Quest 2022.

21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't know how it played out in the comics but after googling I read that after Stormfront and Frederick Vought left Germany the repackaging of her image as a superhero included burying her Nazi past. The Church of the Collective and later Homelander were the only ones that were privy to that info. If that's true then I would think that Soldier Boy more than likely didn't know that she was a Nazi, 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, PurpleTentacle said:

-

Those poor fuckers at herogasm. Didn't seem like they deserved it. They mentioned sex workers being there and potentially getting hurt. But it seemed nothing like in the comics, where Vaught organised the event on an island, the sex workers couldn't leave and most ended up dead. Here it seemed everybody could leave and I didn't see any serious injuries, before soldier boy blasted off.

Figures that Soldier boy and Stormfront invented the whole thing.

Glad that Love Sausage survived. Favourite minor character.

The Hughie-Annie-stuff bothers me a bit. Seems like they are trying to make that out like some kind of macho stuff. But it must be extremely frustrating and scary, living in a world of superpowered individuals, that can snuff you out in a heartbeat and not being able to protect the person you love, always having to rely on them to protect you, no matter what gender you are.

I'm curious if A-Train is really dead or if he survived his little run.

That was nice. If only the coward hadn't flown away. That must have been a massive blow to his ego.

He does seem evil in the way a lot of these supes are. By callously disregarding other people's lifes, feelings, etc. He just threw a car through a house people lived in and apparently killed not just the one family, but a bunch. Also you know there had to be some reason why his team hated him so much, they sold him out to the russians for free.

His team were low rent except for Noir and Noir wanted top billing. That could have been enough. He was a dinosaur in terms of the times and Vought wanted shiny and new. 

I am sure we will learn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I don't know how it played out in the comics but after googling I read that after Stormfront and Frederick Vought left Germany the repackaging of her image as a superhero included burying her Nazi past. The Church of the Collective and later Homelander were the only ones that were privy to that info. If that's true then I would think that Soldier Boy more than likely didn't know that she was a Nazi, 

Did she tell Homelander or did he find out the way everyone else did with the leak to the media? I can't recall how he found out.

Edited by AntFTW
4 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm actually surprised but, I felt a little sympathy for Homelander in that mirror scene. I'll give props to Antony for being a fantastic actor because I generally hate Homelander and want him to suffer.  That being said it went away pretty quickly and I was totally on team Hughie, Ben, Butcher.

Speaking of Butcher, I was shocked to see that he actually cared about both MM and Hughie.  He was relieved when MM wasn't dead and tried to get Hughie to book before Soldier Boy exploded.

I'm assuming it takes a lot out of him and that's why he took so long to charge up with Homelander, that plus Plot Armor.

I wasn't really sure A-Train was dead dead. I mean they certainly setup an exit but, I'm not 100% sold that he's gone.

I'm glad Frenchie and Kimiko made it out OK. I've been really worried about Frenchie this season. 

I'm sad that Annie and Hughie split up. I can see both sides to that argument.  

OK right Episode 6 thread this time 😄

Yes. Stormfront was Liberty. SB apparently did not know she was a Nazi.

17 hours ago, roamyn said:

Poor MM!  All that bodily fluid. <shudder>. His scenes w/Annie were fantastic, but I agree with @Myrelle that she’s trying to stand the strict moral ground, without any context in regards to SB’s actions, and that makes for a frustrating & boring character.  And it’s more than apparent that SB is a patriot and cares for the country.  But man his views on fatherhood and Cosby are so so wrong, yet they were funny.  (But it’s odd seeing Dean Winchester snorting crushed pills)

MM needs to let SB stop influencing his decisions.  He’s the best moral compass on this show, right now.  I don’t want his hated to consume him, like it’s done with Butcher.

If SB keeps blacking out during these PTSD attacks, how can he be contained?  I think Starlight will only get herself killed trying to go against him.  And why is she so virulently opposed to SB, but she went along w/HL for all these past years?  HL who caused a plane crash and then milked it to try to get Supes in the military.

Speaking of which, those scenes in front of the mirror were unbelievable.  Antony Starr is just killing it this season.  He deserves an Emmy as lead actor, or at least a nomination.  He’s coming apart at the seams, not only because of SB, but because he now knows Hughie and Butcher have taken some form of V.

I also don’t believe SB is evil or sociopathic.  Just the way he said to Hughie that he didn’t mean to cause the damage & death in Midtown; he seemed a tad sad.

Starr, Ackles, and Urban were all mastery and poetic movement during that fight.

oh Deep...You better not get this sea life killed.  It looked to me aft that one scene talking w/HL, that Deep was getting frustrated w/his wife.  I hope so, as I don’t like her and believe this storyline is the weakest of them all.

Blue Hawk, u reap what you sew, you racist pig.  Looks like A-Train might be a goner.  But I really believed he was sincere in his apology.  Still, at least Hughie got in one good punch.

Still no word on Queen Maeve.

Why did Noir take out his chip?  I don’t think SB can track him, since I’m sure there no chips back then.  Is he running to Edgar?  Is he running to join SB?

So there’s only one left to go,  Mindstorm, not counting Noir.

What’s Vickie’s play?  She chose HL over Edgar, then tries to join forces w/Annie against HL.  Starlight has me worried over her smack down to Victoria.

Speaking of smackdown, Boy did Ashley need to get some steam off.  It was nice hearing her tell off A-Train, tho I actually sympathized w/him in a way.  However Ashley won’t have any hair left by the end of the series, if she makes it out alive.

It almost felt like Frenchi & Kimiko were in a different show.  When I saw Cherie handcuffed, I thought that was the end of her.  Good on her, both her & Kimiko, for getting in some licks.  But Nina, I despise you almost as much as HL.  

ETA:  This could possibly be one of the best hours of TV.  Rivaling even ‘The Battle of the Bastards’

Honestly Homelander is the only reason I still watch this show. He's on fire this season

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

I think kimoko's powers are coming back however she may by be unaware so that suggests it's temporary. She should have died and she should not have been that resilient, badass, etc.in her condition.

On the contrary, I think the fact that Kimiko hasn't had to worry about permanent injury in the past let her ignore pain and run on pure adrenaline in the fight with Little Nina's goons when anyone else would have curled up in a ball. The body of the one she took down first shielded her from all the gunshots. The injury from all the kicking might have looked/sounded worse than it actually was because it opened up the stitches of her injuries in Russia—we'll have to see if a return of her fast healing is going on there.

The big final fight looked good, yet the collateral damage didn't match up with how powerful Homelander and presumably Soldier Boy have been built up to be. I know it's on a TV budget, but so was the fight between the two Visions in WandaVision. Their blows should have been knocking each other through walls and across the countryside. Likewise, Butcher and Hughie got out of the fight fundamentally unharmed when they should have been hopelessly outclassed.

I was really proud of Mother's Milk that he decided to help Annie tend to the injured survivors rather than pursue vengeance. I hope that choice helps him deal with his past trauma.

Looking back, I think Ashley telling A-Train off was the most enjoyable moment of the episode for me.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, AntFTW said:

Did she tell Homelander or did he find out the way everyone else did with the leak to the media? I can't recall how he found out.

She told him at the end of episode 6 of season 2. She told him how old she was and pulled out pics of her past in Germany with Frederick Vought.

Edited by DeeDee79
Forgot to specify episode
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Bruinsfan said:

Looking back, I think Ashley telling A-Train off was the most enjoyable moment of the episode for me.

It was so-so for me. Probably because I despise both characters. A Train is worse of course but I've thought that Ashley was shitty from the beginning. 

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

If Annie is self-righteous, then so is Hughie.  He was supposedly concerned about collateral damage at Herogasm, but as soon as he saw A-Train that all went away.  As someone mentioned above, he had to flex.

I hated that Hughie felt so weak that Annie had powers (when they talked about it during season 1).  I especially hated that he tried to stop her from going back to the party.  Was he planning to knock her out to "save" her?  I'm glad Annie blasted his ass. 

I laughed when one of the Supes brushed up against MM.  I would have acted the exactly same way if someone put unidentifiable crap on my clothes!  The Scary Movie blast was too much.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, peridot said:

He was supposedly concerned about collateral damage at Herogasm, but as soon as he saw A-Train that all went away. 

How did he stop caring once he saw A Train? He's always hated him for killing Robin and not caring about the fact that he did it. Personally speaking I didn't see anything wrong with him confronting him when he knew that he was strong enough to actually do so. Doesn't necessarily mean that he didn't care about what could potentially happen to everyone else IMO.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Hughie knew that Soldier Boy was going to come walking into the house in 3 minutes, and there was no telling what would happen after that, or how the people at the party might be affected. Which was why he went in first to begin with.  It was not a good time to allow himself to be sidetracked.

More than that, Hughie knew that Soldier Boy was not in complete control of his powers, because Soldier Boy had admitted it to him.  He knew that Soldier Boy had recently experienced some kind of blackout that resulted in the catastrophic destruction of an entire building and many deaths. Yet he assured Annie that she didn’t need to be concerned, because he had “made Soldier Boy promise not to do anything” that would endanger civilians.

But if preventing collateral damage had actually been his top priority, I think Hughie could have made different choices. For instance, I was thinking that since obviously Hughie was aware that he could teleport other people, he should have gone in, grabbed hold of the Twins, and teleported them out to where Soldier Boy was waiting.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1